Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Girls Vs Women and Boys Vs men
h

So, is there an age when a girl, is (called) considered to be a woman, and a boy, is (called)considered to be a man?

Would that age be the same, or since girls mature earlier then boys then the age could be younger?

IMO, I think most girls and boys still in their teens' are just that, boys and girls.
Maybe around 20, 21 then they could be called women and men. Maybe still somewhat immature, but still considered to be an adult.

So what say you?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Well, I joined the military at 17 and shipped off to basic training. I got out when I was 21 after serving for 4 years. No idea how many times I went around the clock, how many air missions I flew on or how many aircraft I fixed, or even how many Alert Exercises I did. But pretty sure I was a man well before I was 18.
I think its different for everyone, no matter the sex. I have seen 20 yr old hard asses and 41 yr old fucking morons.
I don't know....I'm nearly 44 years old and some people still call me boy.

Maybe its a Hoosick Falls thing...it was mainly the priest and a few other bar patrons that called me boy.

I call people in their 20's kids. Twenty years old today is not the 20 year old from our parents generation.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-06-2017, 12:01 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Well, I joined the military at 17 and shipped off to basic training. I got out when I was 21 after serving for 4 years. No idea how many times I went around the clock, how many air missions I flew on or how many aircraft I fixed, or even how many Alert Exercises I did. But pretty sure I was a man well before I was 18.
I think its different for everyone, no matter the sex. I have seen 20 yr old hard asses and 41 yr old fucking morons.

d
Six, you're right. It's a fact, the military makes men and women out of boys and girls. Thank you for your service.

Ms D, you're right too, many 2021 year old today are still childish.
Older generations, many 2021 year old's were already married, and "parents"!

And Clangster, have said this before elsewhere, "growing old is mandatory, growing up, is optional! hah

(07-06-2017, 07:35 PM)Carsman Wrote: And Clangster, have said this before elsewhere, "growing old is mandatory, growing up, is optional! hah

I'm definitely growing up, I'm doing a much better job balancing work and fun than I have in the past.

I may be growing old, but it still feels weird when young people call me sir.

I may be growing up, but that didn't stop me from considering spending $20 on a toy fart gun from the Despicable Me movie.
(07-06-2017, 06:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I call people in their 20's kids. Twenty years old today is not the 20 year old from our parents generation.

So do I. They just seem like kids to me and they're still wet behind the ears. That's probably what 60 plus year olds think about us.
(07-06-2017, 10:40 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 07:35 PM)Carsman Wrote: And Clangster, have said this before elsewhere, "growing old is mandatory, growing up, is optional! hah

I'm definitely growing up, I'm doing a much better job balancing work and fun than I have in the past.

I may be growing old, but it still feels weird when young people call me sir.

I may be growing up, but that didn't stop me from considering spending $20 on a toy fart gun from the Despicable Me movie.

b

I know exactly what you mean, back in the day, the first time a young person (in their teens) called me sir, I said to myself, WOW holy shit, I'm a "sir"! hah
I was around in my mid 20's at the time.

"Sir" is a euphemism for "asshole" today. But you knew that right?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Being called ma'am pretty much sucks ass.
That makes sense Missy.

Don't call me ma'am, call me Elisabeth or Duchess or even bitch but don't call me ma'am.
Yes ma'am.

I knew that would happen. Yup. Uh huh.
[Image: 1VQbo1F.jpg]

You can call me Gramma, whippersnapper.
Hey..........I called you Missy............that's very blowin up your skirt talking. Not to mention the feeling of hot, very hot air right up where it matters because I can whistle. Its almost like Misty with hot whistling air. But not quite like filling a tire on a hot day, more like ice cream right before it melts. Or right after a good sweaty running around. I'm not willing to take Missy off the table. Yet.
(07-07-2017, 07:42 PM)Maggot Wrote: Hey..........I called you Missy....

I know you did. I was still thinking about men being called sir and how I didn't like being called ma'am.
(07-07-2017, 10:43 AM)Maggot Wrote: "Sir" is a euphemism for "asshole" today. But you knew that right?

I do now. Explains a lot actually.
(07-08-2017, 01:48 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 10:43 AM)Maggot Wrote: "Sir" is a euphemism for "asshole" today. But you knew that right?

I do now. Explains a lot actually.

"Sir" very loud, followed by "asshole" softly .hah