Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back When . . . .
n

. . . . . So can you remember seeing posted signs saying:

Odd Numbers Only Today

I Do.

If you do, state what it was about.

Then list a thing or two of what other things you can remember of that era?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Are you trollin' me, Cars?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Old Timers
Snow parking every other day you were supposed to park on one side of the street only odd and even.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Clown Phone sex line.

Odd numbers only today.hah
(07-06-2017, 02:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: Snow parking every other day you were supposed to park on one side of the street only odd and even.
j

Yeah that was one, but think again. That was just regional.

That was not the one I had in mind, the one I had in mind was nationwide!

The Fuel embargo and gas rationing in California. 5 cent cones at thriftys near the tube tester.
k

Yeah around 73/74, the powers to be played around with a trumped up gas shortage.

They even passed a "nationwide" speed limit on highways of "55", because it was supposed to be the optimum speed for best gas mileage on most cars. Many roads "Still" have the ridiculous 55 limit today, where 65 or 70 is suitable and should be changed/posted!

They created the shortage for profits, and gas stations were always running out of gas because of that.

There were long, long, long lines of cars waiting to get gas. So as to ease the situation, gas stations posted signs stating, cars will be filled with "Odd" number license plates only today. The next day would be "Even" number license plates only.

I remember waiting on a gas line on my "even" number plates day for well over an hour, and just when the car in front of me was filled up, the gas station attendant put up sign, " Sorry Out Of Gas"! Man I was pissed, but who knew if they really were out of gas or not. So, off to another station I go and wait again. Ugh!

Ah, memories! Smiley_emoticons_smile

Wierd, could have sworn I posted in this thread about water shortages in California and Colorado where you could only water on odd days, based off your address. And the gas thing too. But my post vanished, like a fart in the wind.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Sometimes I wish there was wind when I farted. Still air is very revealing.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-08-2017, 09:31 PM)Maggot Wrote: Sometimes I wish there was wind when I farted. Still air is very revealing.

Just say Clang did it!hah He's always tootin!

(07-08-2017, 07:19 PM)Donovan Wrote: Wierd, could have sworn I posted in this thread about water shortages in California and Colorado where you could only water on odd days, based off your address. And the gas thing too. But my post vanished, like a fart in the wind.

I've had a couple other people using mobile devices say the same thing. I can't explain why that happens. I just want to acknowledge that I've seen you say this. Smiley_emoticons_slash
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-07-2017, 04:49 PM)BigMark Wrote: The Fuel embargo and gas rationing in California. 5 cent cones at thriftys near the tube tester.

It was not just California, it was "nationwide"! I lived in NY at that time.

(07-08-2017, 10:21 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 09:31 PM)Maggot Wrote: Sometimes I wish there was wind when I farted. Still air is very revealing.

Just say Clang did it!hah He's always tootin!

So true. My friends usually brings out the "spray" when we hang out.

I can't help that I like spicy food, but my old fat stomach doesn't.