Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Applying for Jobs

During the Winters there do you feel cut off from the world?

My local weather people are actually talking about the heat you are experiencing out that way. It must be an aberration given their dismay. They are often prone to exaggeration though.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-03-2017, 09:22 PM)Love Child Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 12:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 12:41 AM)Love Child Wrote: I don't think I can commit to another year, but I certainly am not ready to leave yet.

How much longer do you think you've got in you? Six months or more? Less?

If I stayed until May that would make it 3 years up here. I could do another winter, but I don't think I could do another summer. I think it is time to go, I just don't know where yet. Some opportunities are coming up.
I want to find a place to live as soon as I can.

You almost have to have your own place and a job that you are needed for out there not like what you are doing now. I've often thought of going into the woods but realize I would need a job that everyone in that area would need like a doctor or something. It's very romantic apon thinking of it but reality has a way of destroying those dreams. Great experience ............Don't get me wrong. You're a Tiger. Blowing-kisses
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Yeah, I thought it would be easier to leave.

@Duchess, it is sort of a heat wave-Seattle was in the 90's, Portland above 100. Not very usual temperatures. Also we are completely smoked out from the fires in BC.
Okay, so now I know for sure that I am leaving in October. All I have to do is:

1. Find a place to live
2. Find employment

Pretty much the basic things in life.

Is that enough time? Do you want to live by yourself or have a roommate/s? What kind of work are you interested in doing? Are you excited for the next chapter?
It is never enough time
I could live alone or with people (my own space is preferable)
Business related with bookkeeping or HR related
Not quite yet excited.....

I am also checking out the possibility of school again, which actually is exciting to me.
By the way at Both Maggot and Duchess you are lucky that you have not had to go through the job market, be thankful!

I had 2 interviews this week and one job offer. I am really excited and now I feel much better, it really is a good market right now. I am actually having fun looking for jobs.

I have roughly 10 days to pack my stuff and take it down the mountain. Oh my gosh.
Congratulations on landing a job if you want it! 10 days will fly by so fast! GOOD LUCK! 44
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(09-01-2017, 07:01 PM)Love Child Wrote: By the way at Both Maggot and Duchess you are lucky that you have not had to go through the job market, be thankful!

I had 2 interviews this week and one job offer. I am really excited and now I feel much better, it really is a good market right now. I am actually having fun looking for jobs.

I have roughly 10 days to pack my stuff and take it down the mountain. Oh my gosh.

So, 9 days to pack, 1 day to attach parachutes to your boxes and toss them off the edge of the mountain.hah

Seriously though, congrats on your new job.
(09-01-2017, 07:01 PM)Love Child Wrote: I have roughly 10 days to pack my stuff and take it down the mountain. Oh my gosh.

This is happening fast! I'm so excited for you! A whole new chapter, Love Child. I hope it's everything you want it to be. 27

Well that sounds like you did fine considering the roadblocks society puts up for job seekers today. You seem like a strong person and I had no doubts that you would be quick finding a job. Never doubt your ability, I never did. Now Clang he puts up his own barriers before the ones everyone else puts up but all he needs is a kick in the pants to get over them. I'm a bit upset that I never got a chance to spank you though.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-02-2017, 12:29 PM)Maggot Wrote: Now Clang he puts up his own barriers before the ones everyone else puts up but all he needs is a kick in the pants to get over them.

My sore butt thanks you all for making me the somewhat more confident outgoing Clang I am today.
Finally get laid?
(09-02-2017, 02:48 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: My sore butt thanks you all for making me the somewhat more confident outgoing Clang I am today.

You always seem to be so socially outgoing. That takes confidence, Clang. You don't appear to hesitate trying new things either, again, that takes confidence. You're doing just fine.
(09-02-2017, 12:29 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm a bit upset that I never got a chance to spank you though.

I am completely distracted and this is all I see now.
No shit, why would he want to spank Clang?

There is someone out there who would love nothing more than to have Clang's bare bottom draped across their lap.

Smiley_emoticons_smile
(09-02-2017, 03:30 PM)BigMark Wrote: Finally get laid?

Well there is a Beerfest coming up in October and I am staying overnight in a hotel room, so there is some hope.
(09-02-2017, 06:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:48 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: My sore butt thanks you all for making me the somewhat more confident outgoing Clang I am today.

You always seem to be so socially outgoing. That takes confidence, Clang. You don't appear to hesitate trying new things either, again, that takes confidence. You're doing just fine.

Blowing-kisses
(09-03-2017, 06:04 AM)Duchess Wrote:

There is someone out there who would love nothing more than to have Clang's bare bottom draped across their lap.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Hopefully we'll find each other before my fat wrinkly sagging ass looks like cottage cheese.