Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dylan Redwine: Father arrested for murder
I swear there was a thread on this kid, when he originally disappeared in 2012, but I've been searching and can't find anything. You might recognize his picture.
[Image: 20150819__20150820_A5_CD19REDWINEp1.jpg]

For those who don't remember, Dylan disappeared in November 2012, the day after arriving for a week long court ordered visit with his father.

"Officials revealed Thursday that Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport at 5:46 p.m. Nov. 18; at 7:05 p.m., he was seen at a Durango Walmart; at 7:22 p.m., he went to a Durango McDonald’s; and his last text message was sent at 9:37 p.m. on Nov. 18. They hope the information will yield new information." -- source

[Image: dylan-redwine.jpg]
Parents went on Dr. Phil in early 2013....drama ensued.

In June 2013 the first set of partial remains were found, about 10 miles from the father's home. Dylan's skull wasn't found until November 2015, in a different location.

His father was eventually named a person of interest.

"As they searched for evidence into the disappearance and death of the teenage boy, investigators found his blood in multiple locations inside his father’s home, including a couch, the corner of a coffee table, on the floor beneath a rug and on a love seat.

During another search, on Aug. 5, 2013, a K9 was introduced into the suspect’s home to find more clues into the boy’s death. The dog was able to sniff out the scent of a cadaver in various locations of Mark’s home, including the living room and the washing machine, as well as on the clothes Mark wore the night Dylan disappeared, the indictment shows."
-- source

SO....fast forward to 2017....

[Image: dfhftwlxcaejzdm.jpg]

Not only was the father, Mark Redwine, arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder and child abuse...but some rather bizarre details have come to light. Apparently some photos exist...of their father...

"The indictment also said that Dylan Redwine and his older brother, Cory Redwine, had seen compromising photos of their father and that Dylan planned to confront him about them.

Family members said they believe this may have been what set off Mark Redwine's temper.

"I have seen the photos," said Cory Redwine. "It shows him wearing women's clothes and makeup and a diaper and then eating his feces from the diaper. It was disgusting. We couldn't believe it." "
-- source

A few more pictures of Dylan
[Image: CVAvvCmWUAErIqq.jpg]
Dylan and his big brother
[Image: 28d6fe14d54383098e900e6b09bcb14a.jpg]
Damn Clang, what the fuck?

Thanks, Koko, I read a little about this the other day but not the part about the photos. Creepy, weird dude.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Glad to see LE finally got enough evidence against dear old dad to file charges.

He's always struck me as total piece of shit and a liar. He's guilty as sin, in my opinion.

Thanks for the update koko.
Yeah there was something about the Dad that didn't sit right with me from the beginning.

Also....Dylan's mom said the pictures are online.

"There's a Discovery web podcast that really sums it up better than I could - and the pictures are out on the internet and they're out on this web and you may want to go look at that. I don't feel that that's something I need to speak about - I still want to protect my kids."
-- source

First one of yoj to find the pictures or the podcast she's referring to wins...
This is also confusing the hell out of me...

Third, according to the grand jury indictment, Redwine had an odd conversation with Dylan Redwine's half-brother after prosecutors found some of Dylan's remains.

According to the paperwork, his father mentioned blunt force trauma to Dylan's half-brother multiple times and said investigators would need to find the skull to determine how Dylan died.
-- source

Who the fuck is the half brother? From what I've read, Cory and Dylan were full blood brothers, same mom same dad. Anytime this piece of info has been reported (that I've read) simply calls him "Dylan's half brother", I haven't seen anything identifying who this half brother is
Cory and Dylan have different moms koko, according to what I've read. I think some reporters simply refer to Cory and Dylan as brothers while others refer to them as half-brothers.

Dylan Redwine was born on February 6, 1999 to Mark Redwine, 55, and Elaine Hatfield. His parents divorced and Dylan Redwine’s body was found dead in Colorado in 2012, while he was staying at his father’s house. Dylan Redwine’s family also includes a half-brother (by his father) named Cory Redwine.

On an episode of Dr. Phil, Mark claimed he was innocent of hurting his son after the question was brought up by his ex-wife, Elena Hatfield. It was widely speculated that Mark was responsible but there was no evidence. Mark’s other ex-wife, Besty Horvath, was named in the indictment and explained that Mark was having problems with Dylan and that he would kill him before he let his ex-wife have full custody.

More here: https://www.earnthenecklace.com/dylan-re...e-and-why/
(07-29-2017, 01:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Cory and Dylan have different moms koko, according to what I've read. I think some reporters simply refer to Cory and Dylan as brothers while others refer to them as half-brothers.

Thanks HoTD. Confused the hell out of me. Between them having the same last name and Cory appearing in a few interviews alongside Elaine (which....idk maybe I am imagining?) Reporters need to get their shit straight lol

I remember reading the other Ex-wife (Betsy) saying she believed Mark was responsible. Anyone know if Betsy is his 1st or 3rd ex-wife? (Cory's mom or Not? I've read something suggesting Cory's mom's name was Kristy)

Ugh. To know your kid was murdered by his other parent on a court ordered visit that he didn't even want to go on.....makes me sick
(07-31-2017, 10:42 AM)koko Wrote: Ugh. To know your kid was murdered by his other parent on a court ordered visit that he didn't even want to go on.....makes me sick

How come kids don't get a say in that? I think it's horrible to force a young person into that type of situation.
I will never understand. It's one thing when a kid just doesn't want their activities interrupted and "doesn't wanna go" somewhere. But for a 13 year old boy to really not want to go to his Dad's is kind of telling (in hindsight of course) and as soon as he did get there was making plans to go to his friends house at 6:30 the next morning.

I remember his mom saying he was a "generational kid" who "wouldnt have just gone into the woods and pitched a tent". The only reason I could come up with for being 13 and wanting to be up that early (other than getting away from dad ASAP) is if they were going to go fishing or something outdoorsy like that. But it kinda sounds like he wasn't really into that kind of stuff. This poor kid.

Fucking piece of shit father

It's very sad. I have a great deal of compassion for the Mom. She's the one who had to force him. She must feel tremendous guilt :(
(07-31-2017, 11:16 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 10:42 AM)koko Wrote: Ugh. To know your kid was murdered by his other parent on a court ordered visit that he didn't even want to go on.....makes me sick

How come kids don't get a say in that? I think it's horrible to force a young person into that type of situation.
I think it's fucked too. My kids mom did a shit ton of damage to my kids during their court ordered visits. They're still in counseling for it.
(08-01-2017, 09:33 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: My kids mom did a shit ton of damage to my kids during their court ordered visits. They're still in counseling for it.

Are judges disregarding the feelings of the kids? I don't understand how this works. This is wrong on a few levels.
(08-01-2017, 11:12 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 09:33 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: My kids mom did a shit ton of damage to my kids during their court ordered visits. They're still in counseling for it.

Are judges disregarding the feelings of the kids? I don't understand how this works. This is wrong on a few levels.
In my case, the kids were never even asked if they wanted visitation. The state made the decision that all children should have visitation with their mother. Had they looked at the custody paperwork, they would have seen that it was dangerous and potentially harmful to the kids, but it never went that far. She petitioned to have visitation and it was granted.

That makes me feel sad for young people who are forced to spend time in the company of those who don't take proper care of them both physically & mentally and who know it's a bad place for them to be. Man. It must suck so bad for the other parent or guardian in having to comply. Ugh. I can't imagine the fear and anger they must feel.
(08-01-2017, 01:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That makes me feel sad for young people who are forced to spend time in the company of those who don't take proper care of them both physically & mentally and who know it's a bad place for them to be. Man. It must suck so bad for the other parent or guardian in having to comply. Ugh. I can't imagine the fear and anger they must feel.
Yeah, remember my friend who's daughter was murdered recently by mom's boyfriend? Same deal. The courts need to do their do diligence with this stuff. There should be no blanket policies. Each child is an individual as well as both parents involved. Deal with each case individually and look at the records. Yes it will take more time, but if it saves one child it's worth it.