Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microwave ovens
I just got done talking with a guy about them and he says he has tossed his. He went on and on about DNA getting changed and today cancer is rampant because of it along with all the hormones and stupid stuff chickens and pigs and cattle are injected with.................I was staring at my microwave with a lazy eye because of it.

I remember my Mother always reheated stuff with a bit of water in a pot and his lament about microwaves and cancer spikes is getting to me, he was saying DNA gets scrambled then we eat it and that changes our DNA.

I'm all sketchy about the entire conversation now and want to get rid of the appliance soon.

What does anyone here think? I know its convenient but is it worth it in the end?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm trying not to use plastic plates and bowls in them.
g

It seems "cooking" meats can cause cancer!

It has been said, barbecuing causes cancer?

Eating charred hot dogs or hamburgers (or anything else) cooked on a charcoal grill (not a gas grill) can cause cancer.

Apparently there is a chemical reaction that takes place when the meat is burned.

It's not enough that you eat right, don't smoke, exercise, etc. Now they say you can get cancer if you burn the frigging burgers.

Grilled meat contains known carcinogens. Grilling meat produces dangerous chemicals: polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and heterocyclic amines (HCAs). In large enough quantities they will definitely cause cancer in humans .

For that matter, you make PAHs when you burn a piece of toast.

Also in contrast to PAHs, HCAs are not only produced during grilling — they can be created when cooking in an ordinary oven or frying pan if you turn the heat up high enough. (Like when we sear meatSmiley_emoticons_skeptisch)

So slow barbecue, and or cooking in general, which involves lower temperatures and minimal flame exposure, seems to be less problematic.

Anyway, I've said it for 30 years, "RESEARCH" causes Cancer!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(08-04-2017, 08:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: What does anyone here think? I know its convenient but is it worth it in the end?

I think if it's true it's not worth it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-04-2017, 10:04 PM)BigMark Wrote: I'm trying not to use plastic plates and bowls in them.

Don't just try, just don't. Plastic is teh debil. It's not even good to store food in.
(08-04-2017, 11:48 PM)Carsman Wrote: g

It seems "cooking" meats can cause cancer!

It has been said, barbecuing causes cancer?

Eating charred hot dogs or hamburgers (or anything else) cooked on a charcoal grill (not a gas grill) can cause cancer.

Apparently there is a chemical reaction that takes place when the meat is burned.

It's not enough that you eat right, don't smoke, exercise, etc. Now they say you can get cancer if you burn the frigging burgers.

Grilled meat contains known carcinogens. Grilling meat produces dangerous chemicals: polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and heterocyclic amines (HCAs). In large enough quantities they will definitely cause cancer in humans .

For that matter, you make PAHs when you burn a piece of toast.

Also in contrast to PAHs, HCAs are not only produced during grilling — they can be created when cooking in an ordinary oven or frying pan if you turn the heat up high enough. (Like when we sear meatSmiley_emoticons_skeptisch)

So slow barbecue, and or cooking in general, which involves lower temperatures and minimal flame exposure, seems to be less problematic.

Anyway, I've said it for 30 years, "RESEARCH" causes Cancer!
n

Oh yeah, did I mention microwave ovens don't cause cancer!

In fact, here's an interesting tidbit – food cooked in a microwave may also retain more vitamins, nutrients and minerals when compared to food that is boiled.

Currently, there is no known research (MWO's have been on the market for over 40 years) that has found where MWO's create cancer-causing substances. In fact, studies have shown that food cooked in a microwave is just as safe as food cooked using alternative methods. So . . .

I don't have a microwave. I used to have one that was built into the wall along with an oven and warming drawer and when that broke I replaced it with a double oven. So now I don't have anywhere to put a microwave. I don't want to put a bulky ugly ass microwave on my countertop so I live without it.
(08-04-2017, 08:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: I just got done talking with a guy about them and he says he has tossed his. He went on and on about DNA getting changed and today cancer is rampant because of it along with all the hormones and stupid stuff chickens and pigs and cattle are injected with.................I was staring at my microwave with a lazy eye because of it.

I remember my Mother always reheated stuff with a bit of water in a pot and his lament about microwaves and cancer spikes is getting to me, he was saying DNA gets scrambled then we eat it and that changes our DNA.

I'm all sketchy about the entire conversation now and want to get rid of the appliance soon.

What does anyone here think? I know its convenient but is it worth it in the end?

I'll let you know when the eye in my should fully forms and my back boobs reach a C-cup.
You have a Lot more to worry about what your cooking WITH in your MW than the MW itself. The way a MW works is simply by vibrating the water molecules in what your cooking, the food absorbed the energy and retains it. Once the power is removed there is NO residual effect other than the mechanical heat generated in the food by the vibration. That same heat however can and does have effects on what your cooking with, plastic bowls and plates etc...What cops out of that? Who Knows?
Keep your MW, use the special plates and bowls made for the MW
I have been making a living in RF for about 38 years and have a drawer full of certifications on the stuff, no cancer yet.
Pay more attention to what you put in your body more so than how it gets cooked
I've never thought much about it. I only use glass plates in it and do use coolwhip containers for leftovers. after a while I just toss them.

Plastic is just not a good product but it will continue to be manufactured because it's cheap. There's not much difference between plastic & margarine. You think I kid.
I don't have anything plastic in my kitchen. I'm not wasting my time transferring leftovers to plastic containers, I just put the pot or pan right in the fridge.

We do drink a bunch of bottled water though.
(08-06-2017, 11:33 AM)sally Wrote: I don't have anything plastic in my kitchen. I'm not wasting my time transferring leftovers to plastic containers, I just put the pot or pan right in the fridge.

We do drink a bunch of bottled water though.

h

And you probably always "ran with scissors", and still you all are alive! hah
Go figure!

Every time I see the title of this thread I get the Dire Straits song stuck in my head.
Money for nothing

(LoL first link I found was a concert version. whatever)

(08-06-2017, 11:02 PM)Love Child Wrote: Every time I see the title of this thread I get the Dire Straits song stuck in my head.
Money for nothing

(LoL first link I found was a concert version. whatever)

LOL. Me and my poker friends like to use the phrase "That's the way you do it" from that song.
Fuck, every time now this song is in my head. LOL
We gotta move these re-fridge-er-ators.
I want my, I want my MTV!