Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Icky "POOP" thread . . . . .
sally Away
sally

RE: Icky "POOP" thread . . . . .

(08-10-2017 05:21 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  Actually, I have a hard time believing Sally is homeschooling because of the drop off policy.

Why? That drop off policy was making me a nervous wreck. I don't like dropping my 56 year old off at the gate and not being 100% sure she's in her teachers care.

Why else would I want to homeschool her? Do I seem like the type of person who would just love teaching fucking kindergarten?

08-10-2017 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(08-10-2017 06:36 PM)sally Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 05:21 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  Actually, I have a hard time believing Sally is homeschooling because of the drop off policy.

Why? That drop off policy was making me a nervous wreck. I don't like dropping my 56 year old off at the gate and not being 100% sure she's in her teachers care.

Why else would I want to homeschool her? Do I seem like the type of person who would just love teaching fucking kindergarten?

Let's put it this way: my sister-in-law has a daughter the same age as your daughter's.

She also drops off (at the same school my kids attend).

My kids take the bus by the way.

Anyway, she's very overprotective, however, she has managed to keep her composure, knowing that her daughter had to walk from the curb, to the school entrance and down 3 separate hallways to get to her Kindy class.

This woman is nervous about many, many things when it comes to her girl, but I've never heard her once mention that she fears a stranger nabbing her daughter during drop off.

08-10-2017 07:09 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

Just have her text you when she gets to class. 17

08-10-2017 07:29 PM

sally Away
sally

(08-10-2017 07:09 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 06:36 PM)sally Wrote:  

Let's put it this way: my sister-in-law has a daughter the same age as your daughter's.

She also drops off (at the same school my kids attend).

My kids take the bus by the way.

Anyway, she's very overprotective, however, she has managed to keep her composure, knowing that her daughter had to walk from the curb, to the school entrance and down 3 separate hallways to get to her Kindy class.

This woman is nervous about many, many things when it comes to her girl, but I've never heard her once mention that she fears a stranger nabbing her daughter during drop off.

Well you're talking to someone that didn't let their kids go to school on their own until they were old enough to drive themselves. All through elementary I walked them there and around 4th and 5th I'd watch them walk through the gate and in middle school I dropped them off.

There was one time in middle school my son wanted to ride his skateboard to school with his friend and I allowed it. He had to ride it over the bridge and about another two miles after that. Luckily for me it wasn't all it was cracked up to be and he never asked to do it again.

08-10-2017 07:40 PM

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

(08-10-2017 02:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 07:31 PM)Carsman Wrote:  d

. . . . . . . to annoy people who dislike discussing POOP.

To the moon, Cars! I'm winding up my handbag now.

m

Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

And I'm with you Sal, that drop off thingie is for the birds! (not peanut)
You can never be too careful when little 56 year old innocents are involved. They are so naive and can be easily fooled like you said! Better to be safe then sorry!!! Good for you!

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
08-10-2017 07:47 PM

sally Away
sally

There is a thread in the crime forum that will forever haunt my mind. Little 8 year old girl was allowed to walk home from school for the first day and right outside the school she was lured by a young woman. They took her to a park or something and the boyfriend of the woman raped the little girl in the back seat of the car and then they put a trash bag over her head and beat her to death with a hammer.

I know I can't shelter my kids from everything and I don't try to, but dropping them off and picking them up from school is one thing I want to be in control of.

08-10-2017 08:04 PM

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

(08-10-2017 07:47 PM)Carsman Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 02:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 07:31 PM)Carsman Wrote:  d

. . . . . . . to annoy people who dislike discussing POOP.

To the moon, Cars! I'm winding up my handbag now.

m

Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

And I'm with you Sal, that drop off thingie is for the birds! (not peanut)
You can never be too careful when little 56 year old innocents are involved. They are so naive and can be easily fooled like you said! Better to be safe then sorry!!! Good for you!

d

And when/if she does go to public schools, make sure she poops at home before going to school! hah

08-10-2017 08:05 PM

sally Away
sally

Interesting fact about birds, they don't poop either while they're sleeping so in the morning they always have one gigantic poop.

08-10-2017 08:17 PM

Midwest Spy Away

(08-10-2017 08:04 PM)sally Wrote:  There is a thread in the crime forum that will forever haunt my mind. Little 8 year old girl was allowed to walk home from school for the first day and right outside the school she was lured by a young woman. They took her to a park or something and the boyfriend of the woman raped the little girl in the back seat of the car and then they put a trash bag over her head and beat her to death with a hammer.

I know I can't shelter my kids from everything and I don't try to, but dropping them off and picking them up from school is one thing I want to be in control of.

I understand your feelings.

But, what I was saying is, I didn't think the safety of your daughter was the sole reason you were homeschooling.

Am I right?

Is there more to this story?

08-10-2017 08:22 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Kindergarten is almost like a baby sitting opportunity, peace of mind and maybe a chance to do other things. The kids like it but will forget everything they did except maybe drinking orange juice and eating crackers.

08-10-2017 08:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Midwest Spy Away

(08-10-2017 08:33 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Kindergarten is almost like a baby sitting opportunity, peace of mind and maybe a chance to do other things. The kids like it but will forget everything they did except maybe drinking orange juice and eating crackers.

Agreed.

To me, K was about the child learning social skills and leaving their parents without separation anxiety.

08-10-2017 09:07 PM

sally Away
sally

(08-10-2017 08:22 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 08:04 PM)sally Wrote:  There is a thread in the crime forum that will forever haunt my mind. Little 8 year old girl was allowed to walk home from school for the first day and right outside the school she was lured by a young woman. They took her to a park or something and the boyfriend of the woman raped the little girl in the back seat of the car and then they put a trash bag over her head and beat her to death with a hammer.

I understand your feelings.

But, what I was saying is, I didn't think the safety of your daughter was the sole reason you were homeschooling.

Am I right?

Is there more to this story?

It was a big part of it, but that paired with her coming home everyday miserable was the other part. Kindergarten is supposed to be fun and it ended up stressing both of us the fuck out.

I'm not a home school freak, never even considered it with the other two. But now in my old age I think differently and don't want to be stressed out for one second, life's too short. We'll try it again for 2nd grade when she's a bit more mature.

08-11-2017 12:31 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

What you need is a soft and sweet, wise and wonderful, cool and mystical, magical nanny.

08-11-2017 12:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

(08-11-2017 12:17 PM)Maggot Wrote:  What you need is a soft and sweet, wise and wonderful, cool and mystical, magical nanny.

j

Aussie is busy playing her guitar! hah

08-11-2017 12:21 PM