preparations for winter
I know a bunch of folks here do not give a hoot about winter. You buzzards live in warm weather places and waddle through the seasons with flip flops on listening to weather reports that sound like mo-town classics. But me I have to prepare like I'm gonna get bombed by North Korea at some point and today Sept 13th I have to say I'm ready. A few things left to do and bring it on Santa. Anyways just for shits & giggles I'm getting ready to fill my liquor cabinet with the good stuff maybe some Brandy a bit of whiskey and maybe some Baileys for my coffee. I know the Australians are coming off a rough winter and was wondering what happens there. Also what others do to get ready. My dart board is all set and I have a few projects, I look forward to days off with 2ft of snow and visits to my freezer.

Are you ready?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
i

Not yet, I don't get my tickets go South for another 7 or so weeks.

But in a few weeks I will start getting together goodies for our traditional Thanksgiving dinner, that is always at our house .
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I was thinking about buying the pretty snow boots I saw the other day.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Do it Duchess! I could send you mine. I now have 2 pairs of great boots that I doubt I will wear this winter. I will have to go visit snow places just because I have the boots.
I sashay, not waddle!
Yeah I'm ready. I got my snow shovels out, an ice scraper in my car, winter boots, a winter coat, hat, boots and gloves, and I'm ready to put the storm windows down (which we forgot to do last winter, so we wondered all winter why we were still cold with the heat on) at a moments notice.
Don't forget the leggings.
I am so ready for winter its not even funny. Last night was the first since last Friday I slept with AC and I have never been this tired of the heat.
Still planning to move back to Texas by Thanksgiving, can't wait for some cool air
(09-13-2017, 09:07 PM)Love Child Wrote: Do it Duchess! I could send you mine. I now have 2 pairs of great boots that I doubt I will wear this winter. I will have to go visit snow places just because I have the boots.

Thanks for the encouragement! I think I will. hah

I have several pairs of Uggs but they don't see the light of day unless conditions are perfect. I understand how silly that is. 78

Sometimes I don't get any snow. Sometimes about an inch and I use the broom to sweep the walkway and sometimes I get hammered. The ocean often keeps my atmosphere too warm for snow. After I moved here I spent years lusting for snow. If it was in the forecast I couldn't sleep because I was so excited. I grew up in a place where we had more cold weather months than we had warm weather months. The last time I went back home it was in the month of August and I froze my ass off.
Nah, no prep here. I have a hoodie in the closet, a sweat shirt, some sweat pants... Oh and the switch from AC to heat is the push of a button so bring it on. Although it doesn't start cooling down until after Halloween.
Speaking of which............the stores are hot on top of Halloween now.
Don't feel alone Maggot. I have started prepping for winter myself. The walnut leaves have ben falling for two weeks now and the walnuts have ben bombing the house for about a week. Looks like it might be a early winter this year.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
(09-13-2017, 11:27 PM)BigMark Wrote: Don't forget the leggings.

I didn't.

I have them right at the top of my footlocker.
(09-15-2017, 02:01 PM)F.U. Wrote: Don't feel alone Maggot. I have started prepping for winter myself. The walnut leaves have ben falling for two weeks now and the walnuts have ben bombing the house for about a week. Looks like it might be a early winter this year.

Roast those bitches!!! Put them in a freezer bag for brownies. I remember those, they have a green skin and if you put them in a burlap sack that crap just falls off in a week or two. Throw them in an oven and the water inside cracks them open, good lord man! Get back at them!
(09-15-2017, 09:17 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 02:01 PM)F.U. Wrote: Don't feel alone Maggot. I have started prepping for winter myself. The walnut leaves have ben falling for two weeks now and the walnuts have ben bombing the house for about a week. Looks like it might be a early winter this year.

Roast those bitches!!! Put them in a freezer bag for brownies. I remember those, they have a green skin and if you put them in a burlap sack that crap just falls off in a week or two. Throw them in an oven and the water inside cracks them open, good lord man! Get back at them!

^ Yep, that post just proves it. Mags is more nuts than the wals. Love3
(09-15-2017, 09:17 PM)Maggot Wrote: Roast those bitches!!! Put them in a freezer bag for brownies. I remember those, they have a green skin and if you put them in a burlap sack that crap just falls off in a week or two. Throw them in an oven and the water inside cracks them open, good lord man! Get back at them!

I admire the way you don't let anything go to waste.

You could easily live off the grid and it wouldn't be much of a hardship. Not many could say the same.
Okay there are 2 winter prep threads, maybe I'll bump both of them.

It's gets bone chilling cold here, no snow though. Dehumidifier is key.