Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RE: No Weinstein thread yet? / HOLLYWOOD & ORGANIZATIONAL SEXUAL ABUSE ALLEGATIONS

Watching conservatives bend over backwards defending molesting a child has been ah-mazing.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I can understand why some Republicans don't want to condemn Roy Moore based on the 40 year old allegations and are citing 'innocent until proven guilty'. I read the Post story and believe the women, but this is what's so difficult about sexual harassment and assault. It's often very challenging to prove, even when immediately reported, and frequently comes down to 'he said / she said'.

Very few Republicans want Moore in the U.S. Senate. He's a Bannon-backed candidate who's always been controversial with his extreme conservative and religious views. He refuses to separate church and state and adhere-to laws he doesn't like.........and still has a solid following in conservative Alabama.

Anyway, Moore won't drop out, whether the allegations are true or not. He was ordered to remove a 10 Commandments statue he'd had installed in the court when he was Chief Justice of Alabama and was ultimately removed from the bench. He was re-elected some years later and then got suspended from the bench for repeatedly advising judges and administrators not to follow new federal laws allowing same-sex marriage. He also stated that being Muslim should disqualify anyone from running for president and suggested that 911 happened because God was mad at Americans for our immorality.
Roy Moore is way out there............and he may well still win. His brother just compared him to Jesus; bro says good ole' Roy is being persecuted just like Christ was.

But, my favorite 'hide behind the cross' display of hypocrisy is courtesy of Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler.

Ziegler said that even if the allegations of the then 14-year-old girl are true, "it's not immoral" or anything because quote, "Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.” http://time.com/5017940/roy-moore-sexual...m-ziegler/

If I was a Christian, that kind of self-serving bastardization of the Bible would offend me.
(11-10-2017, 12:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: "Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

I saw that earlier. WTF. hah

Some days I am very amused by all the bullshit, other days, not so much.
(11-10-2017, 01:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: I saw that earlier. WTF. hah

Some days I am very amused by all the bullshit, other days, not so much.

Some things you just have to laugh at, even though the subject itself is very serious.

It's sickly funny..............a politician who prides himself on Christian values equating the immaculate conception with giving a 14-year-old girl alcohol and then molesting her, in order to defend another politician who prides himself on Christian values.

I find that insulting to the intelligence of everyone who hears it and to sincere Christians and their values/morals.
On another note, Louis CK acknowledged today that the many women who've accused him of getting them into a spot and then masturbating are telling the truth.

He apologized for abusing his power and hurting people.

He says he's built his career getting away with saying whatever he wants, and now he's going to step back and start listening.

He's a talented performer and producer who was involved in a lot of projects. Most, if not all, have been shelved already.
(11-10-2017, 05:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's sickly funny..............a politician who prides himself on Christian values equating the immaculate conception with giving a 14-year-old girl alcohol and then molesting her, in order to defend another politician who prides himself on Christian values.

I find that insulting to the intelligence of everyone who hears it and to sincere Christians and their values/morals.

The evangelicals have lost whatever ridiculous, righteous, holier than thou claim they have. It's gone. I listened to some twist themselves inside out in their effort to defend Moore today.

If everyone were held to the same standard I would shut the hell up.
(11-10-2017, 06:20 PM)Duchess Wrote: The evangelicals have lost whatever ridiculous, righteous, holier than thou claim they have. It's gone. I listened to some twist themselves inside out in their effort to defend Moore today.

If everyone were held to the same standard I would shut the hell up.

It's weird how just about everything can be rationalized by some who claim to be devout.......it usually takes some serious twisting of the facts and/or the scriptures. That's not specific to Christianity, it seems like it happens a lot within several religions.

Anyway, I listened to Roy Moore deny that any of the Post story was true, blaming it on the left, the media, and fake news. The standard fall-backs of the day, whether the story is true or false.

What ultimately convinced me that he's lying was hearing a clip of an interview of Moore on Hannity. Moore said he doesn't remember pursuing and dating teens when he was a DA in his 30s, BUT if he did, he always asked for the girls' mothers' permission. I think he'd remember who he dated and I don't think he'd ask permission to date an adult. I don't think it matters to his supporters though.

Roy Moore is fundraising off his kiddie diddling. Fricken perv. Bastard blames everyone but himself. I hope his quest for a seat goes up in flames.

[Image: DOh8ak1XcAAtJ7h.png:large]
(11-13-2017, 02:55 PM)Duchess Wrote: Roy Moore is fundraising off his kiddie diddling. Fricken perv. Bastard blames everyone but himself. I hope his quest for a seat goes up in flames.

We're at a weird place politically in this country. Kinda like no bad deed (real or alleged) goes unrewarded.

I hope Moore loses in his Senate bid though. I don't like his stances on the issues, his disregard for federal laws if they conflict with his religious beliefs/opinions, or his persona.
Moore is a clown. They need to replace him and move on.

NJ did it with Bob Torricelli, they can do it here with Moore.
(11-13-2017, 06:14 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Moore is a clown. They need to replace him and move on.

NJ did it with Bob Torricelli, they can do it here with Moore.

I agree that the party would be better off if Moore would go away.

But Moore, unlike Torricelli, is so far unwilling to step aside for the good of the party. He can't be forced to drop out at this point and has made a career out of defying the constitution and government authority in favor of his own religious beliefs.

I did see last night that another woman went on the record. In her press conference, she described how Moore sexually assaulted her and tried to raper her in a restaurant parking lot when she was 16. Moore claims he doesn't know her and has never been to the restaurant. However, she presented a yearbook signed by Moore (his writing includes her name, the restaurant name, the date, and the fact that he was the DA).

There are also claims from authorities in Alabama about Moore being banned from the local mall when he was the District Attorney because he was always creeping there, trying to pick up on teen girls.

As a result, more Republican congresspersons have publicly implored Moore to drop out. If he continues to refuse and wins the senatorial election, a couple of Republican leaders have indicated that they'd push to force him out immediately. Maybe that will get him to throw in the towel?

It would take 23 majority vote to expel Moore from the Senate if he's elected, something that has not been attempted since the Civil War.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.
I did see last night that another woman went on the record. In her press conference, she described how Moore sexually assaulted her and tried to raper her in a restaurant parking lot when she was 16. Moore claims he doesn't know her and has never been to the restaurant. However, she presented a yearbook signed by Moore (his writing includes her name, the restaurant name, the date, and the fact that he was the DA).

Is it true at that date he was not yet DA?
(11-14-2017, 01:24 PM)BigMark Wrote: Is it true at that date he was not yet DA?

From what I've read, he was working as a prosecutor representing the state in his district in December 1977. So, he was a DA and referred to himself as one.

Sometimes District Attorneys are appointed, sometimes they're elected, and some DAs are in higher authority than others.
Does D.A. stand for "Dumb Ass"?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
apparently
Vindicated

[Image: 45F1E78600000578-0-image-a-39_1509636240456.jpg]

Corey Feldman has been swearing for many years that he gave police the names of people in the Hollywood pedo ring that snared him and Corey Haim when they were juveniles.

In October, he told Dr. Oz that he'd already given names to police back when he was interviewed regarding Michael Jackson but they never followed up. He said he was afraid to name names publicly due to fear of retaliation (now that we know the lengths that Weinstein went to in order to silence his victims, I understand that better).

Dr. Oz said Santa Barbara police refuted Feldman's claim that he'd named names back in the day and played a recorded police interview with no names mentioned. Feldman said that wasn't true, but most people didn't believe him. NOW..................we know he was telling the truth.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office public information officer Kelly Hoover told Fox News last night in an emailed statement: 'Following the recent inquiries into the Sheriff's Office interview of Mr. Feldman in 1993, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office conducted an additional review for any stored items remaining from the Michael Jackson investigation.

'In a container which included the original reports from the investigation, the Sheriff's Office located some detective working copies of audio recordings made during the investigation. A copy of Mr. Feldman's interview was located.

The tapes are being turned over to the LAPD. Police won't identify the people named during their ongoing investigation (Feldman named two of them who had already been busted for child molestation after the Dr. Oz interview - that's covered upthread).

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z50WOJOpTJ
Unsurprisingly, Feldman wasn't shedding any tears about the fall of Matt Lauer.

Lauer interviewed Feldman about the pedophilia claims in October of this year and seemed to be mentally rolling his eyes.

Here's a piece of that Lauer interview.

And here's a clip of Barbara Walters scolding Feldman for 'damaging an entire industry' on The View several years ago.

These nutcases thinking Hollywood is nice must really be deluded. I foresee the end of west coast production with these newsworthy revelations. It may take a few months but it will happen.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I don't think you get it still. Sexual abuse is not location or industry specific, Maggot.

If it were, there wouldn't be thousands of children molested by priests all across this country, Ireland, Australia...

And, there wouldn't be teachers of both sexes and all states being tried for sexual misconduct with their juvenile students.

And, Weinstein and Spacey wouldn't be under criminal investigation in England, France...

And, there wouldn't be politicians from different states, different races, varying ages, and both parties facing multiple allegations of sexual harassment and assault.

And, the reality tv star who was elected President wouldn't have accusers in the double-digits, including the one who worked on his show produced in New York.

It's about unchecked power and unearned deference and happens across industries and locales. That's what you're gonna see chipping away, hopefully quickly.