Do you have a nightcap before bed?
(10-15-2017, 11:51 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 04:44 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I like to put on my bra and panties, slip or nightgown before bed.

Yeah but do you sip a "nightcap" too after that! hah It may taste different then.

No but the Southern Tier Pumpkin beer I had my poker game last night sure tasted different. It was very spicy and the taste of nutmeg was overpowering. It was worse than the shot of habanero wine I also had last night.
(10-15-2017, 05:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Southern Tier

I haven't seen or heard anyone use those words in a long time. I feel nostalgic now.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-15-2017, 05:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 05:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Southern Tier

I haven't seen or heard anyone use those words in a long time. I feel nostalgic now.

Really? I didn't even realize Southern Tier was that old a brewing company. Maybe because I'm still relatively new to craft beers.
(10-15-2017, 05:32 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Really? I didn't even realize Southern Tier was that old a brewing company. Maybe because I'm still relatively new to craft beers.

I don't know anything about the brewing company. I was thinking only of southern New York state, the Southern Tier.
(10-15-2017, 05:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 05:32 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Really? I didn't even realize Southern Tier was that old a brewing company. Maybe because I'm still relatively new to craft beers.

I don't know anything about the brewing company. I was thinking only of southern New York state, the Southern Tier.

Oh. Never heard it called that.
(10-14-2017, 04:44 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I like to put on my bra and panties, slip or nightgown before bed.

Yeah but do you sip a "nightcap" too after that! hah It may taste different then.

Yeah he sips a fine whiskey and pretends like he's Katherine Hepburn.

Ahahahaha!
(10-15-2017, 06:59 PM)sally Wrote:

Yeah he sips a fine whiskey and pretends like he's Katherine Hepburn.

whiskey sour maybe.

I like my alcohol sour, spicy (like the shot of habanero wine I had this past weekend), or mango. Or a combination of those three.

Not a fan of whiskey, bourbon or scotch.
I feel like having a stiff one tonight, and maybe even a little sip too.hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(10-15-2017, 05:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

No but the Southern Tier Pumpkin beer I had my poker game last night sure tasted different. It was very spicy and the taste of nutmeg was overpowering.
I'm well versed in craft beers Clang, so I think I can help you with this.

The best way to enjoy a pumpkin craft brew:
Step 1 - Throw that shit into the trash. Step 2 - Go buy a descent IPA (Stone brewery's "Arrogant Bastard" is recommended). Step 3 - Enjoy your evening. Hope this helps.
I love pumpkin, but it stops when it comes to putting it in beer.
I've been putting the peach ice tees on ice the last few days. I'm hooked on those lately. Arrogant bastards are pretty good but heavy and I don't care what anyone says I put those heavy beers on some ice. The Bud lite go down normal, in fact I poke a hole in the back so they go down smooth, It's usually someone else's and I've been known to put down a 6 pack in a little more than an hour if the feeling hits me.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-23-2017, 09:41 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

No but the Southern Tier Pumpkin beer I had my poker game last night sure tasted different. It was very spicy and the taste of nutmeg was overpowering.

Step 1 - Throw that shit into the trash. Step 2 - Go buy a descent IPA (Stone brewery's "Arrogant Bastard" is recommended). Step 3 - Enjoy your evening. Hope this helps.

Your right, Arrogant Bastard is a better beer than Pumpkin Beer, but I'd still choose it over Coors or Budweiser (can't drink non craft beer anymore, it gives me a headache) or Sierra Nevada Torpedos.

This past weekend was good. Had some Omegang Nirvana and Long Trail's Space Juice.
(10-23-2017, 06:36 PM)sally Wrote: I love pumpkin, but it stops when it comes to putting it in beer.

What about Dill Pickle beer? I like that too....in small doses (one pint, every once in awhile).
I'm good with dill pickle, just no pumpkin. Save that for pies and candles.

Actually my favorite mixed drink is a Michelada which is made with any type of Mexican beer ( I like Sol) hot sauce, lime juice and Clamato. A dill pickle beer would probably work good for that drink. I'll have to see if I can find it at the liquor store.
(10-23-2017, 08:55 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Your right, Arrogant Bastard is a better beer than Pumpkin Beer, but I'd still choose it over Coors or Budweiser (can't drink non craft beer anymore, it gives me a headache) or Sierra Nevada Torpedos.

This past weekend was good. Had some Omegang Nirvana and Long Trail's Space Juice.
Anything is better than "yellow beer" and Torpedo is a fine IPA. You should try O'Dells IPA. It's a tad lighter than Arrogant Bastard and has a really nice finish. O'Dells and Arrogant Bastard (or "oaked" AB) are my go to's and have been for some time. I made my own version of both and prefer the O'Dells for the finish.
(10-24-2017, 09:21 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 11:51 AM)Carsman Wrote: Yeah but do you sip a "nightcap" too after that! hah It may taste different then.

Anything is better than "yellow beer" and Torpedo is a fine IPA. You should try O'Dells IPA. It's a tad lighter than Arrogant Bastard and has a really nice finish. O'Dells and Arrogant Bastard (or "oaked" AB) are my go to's and have been for some time. I made my own version of both and prefer the O'Dells for the finish.

O'Dells IPA. I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm always up for trying new craft beers. I'm hoping to try Southern Tier's 2X Christmas this year. I missed it last year because I was sick the weekend my brother and his friends bought some and they didn't save me any. And it sells out fast and is only here a very limited time.
(10-24-2017, 10:33 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 05:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: No but the Southern Tier Pumpkin beer I had my poker game last night sure tasted different. It was very spicy and the taste of nutmeg was overpowering.

O'Dells IPA. I'll keep an eye out for it.
You can't miss it. The label is orange and there's a guy riding an elephant on it.
(10-25-2017, 09:12 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 10:33 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 09:41 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I'm well versed in craft beers Clang, so I think I can help you with this.

O'Dells IPA. I'll keep an eye out for it.
You can't miss it. The label is orange and there's a guy riding an elephant on it.

Hmm...did a quick search if there was any place near Watervliet NY that sold O'Dells IPA. It said one store in Illinois.:(
Nowadays if I drink anything after 9pm I'm up pissing it out at 2am.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.