Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION
You can keep beating that drum all you like Gunnar. It's your perception, which directly conflicts with the NFL's free-agent evaluation and the communications/testimony of the NFL coaches and experts.

Therefore, I don't believe the NFL legal reps will attempt to claim that Kaepernick was not picked up because he's a sucky player/QB in their attempts to defend the league against collusion allegations in formal court proceedings.
(05-29-2018, 10:11 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You can keep beating that drum all you like Gunnar. It's your perception, which directly conflicts with the NFL's free-agent evaluation and the communications/testimony of the NFL coaches and experts.

Therefore, I don't believe the NFL legal reps will attempt to claim that Kaepernick was not picked up because he's a sucky player/QB in their attempts to defend the league against collusion allegations in formal court proceedings.
No... It's his stats. They are what they are. Deal with it "Mary." I didn't make up his stats, it's what he put up. And they suck.
Make your case to the NFL experts who see it differently if you feel that strongly about it Dopey. They're the ones who evaluated Kaep as being of starting QB caliber after he left the 49ers.
Kaepernick has a throwing motion that’s not much better than Tim Tebow.

He is/was a better scrambler than Tebow, but both have long, ugly releases.

Russell Wilson?

He can throw. Period.

He doesn’t make his living with his feet (though he is as elusive as they come).

That’s the difference between RW & CK.

Russell can throw and Colin can’t.
Kaepernick, like any other NFL player, has/had a very slim window of viability and no NFL player gets to write his own ending. Same with Eric Reid. HOWEVER, Kaepernick has I think a strong case that his career was ended not based on merit but punitively because of the anthem issue. If anything, this new "ruling" will only strengthen his and Reid's case. I expect there will be civil rights attorneys lined up just waiting for the first fine to be levied so they can make a case for constitutional violation. And in the long run the NFL will lose. Freedom of speech and the right to peaceful protest are written into the fabric of our society.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-29-2018, 12:40 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Kaepernick has a throwing motion that’s not much better than Tim Tebow.

He is/was a better scrambler than Tebow, but both have long, ugly releases.

Russell Wilson?

He can throw. Period.

He doesn’t make his living with his feet (though he is as elusive as they come).

That’s the difference between RW & CK.

Russell can throw and Colin can’t.
Exactly, and his stats bear that out. Kaep has to have a specific plan built around him in order to do well. If one of those things isn't on the table, he's shit. Namely an offensive line that plays into his strengths which will give him time to connect that ugly release to someone downfield.
(05-29-2018, 11:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Make your case to the NFL experts who see it differently if you feel that strongly about it Dopey. They're the ones who evaluated Kaep as being of starting QB caliber after he left the 49ers.
No thanks. I can look at his stats and see that he sucks. I don't need a talking head to explain anything to me. It's all there in black and white.
(05-29-2018, 01:53 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 11:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Make your case to the NFL experts who see it differently if you feel that strongly about it Dopey. They're the ones who evaluated Kaep as being of starting QB caliber after he left the 49ers.
No thanks. I can look at his stats and see that he sucks. I don't need a talking head to explain anything to me. It's all there in black and white.
Hey HotD, this joke seems appropriate in light of BG so helpfully trying to mansplain football to a silly ol' girl:

Q: How does a Mansplainer get water?

A: From a Well, actually...
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-29-2018, 02:06 PM)Donovan Wrote:
Hey HotD, this joke seems appropriate in light of BG so helpfully trying to mansplain football to a silly ol' girl:

What do you call it when one man has to explain it to another? Those "experts who see it differently" are injecting their opinion. Stats don't lie and are NOT opinions.
Dono’s just trying to play to the gals again.

Not the first time and won’t be the last.

Anyone with true knowledge of the game knows what Kaep’s shortcomings are.

Anybody else bleating about ‘peaceful protest’ is just trying to stir the pot.
(05-29-2018, 02:06 PM)Donovan Wrote:

Oh man, that's bad. ')

I asked people for their opinions on why Kaep wasn't signed at the start of the thread. So, I welcome and read all of them, including Gunnar's.

My comment was that I don't believe the league will attempt to defend itself in court proceedings by claiming that Kaepernick wasn't a good enough player to be considered for pick up..............because that would contradict evidence recently presented during litigation which shows that those within the NFL responsible for such evaluations deemed that Kaep was indeed good enough.

Since Gunnar won't be testifying in the court proceedings, his conflicting opinion/evaluation regarding Kaepernick's performance, in that context, is irrelevant. That's not debatable nor an attack on Gunnar's opinion............but he'll keep missing the point and defending his opinion anyway. He is who he is.
(05-29-2018, 02:40 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Dono’s just trying to play to the gals again.

Gunnar must be contagious.

You guys can have your own opinions and evaluations of Kaepernick's abilities, just like everybody else.

However, what matters in terms of the court proceedings is the evidence showing that NFL professionals/evaluators deemed him good enough to be on a roster (and, in some cases, good enough to be a starter). Based on that evidence, I'm betting you can understand why I don't think the NFL lawyers will attempt to claim the opposite. I hope I don't lose that bet.
(05-29-2018, 03:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 02:40 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Dono’s just trying to play to the gals again.

Gunnar must be contagious.

You guys can have your own opinions and evaluations of Kaepernick's abilities, just like everybody else.

However, what matters in terms of the court proceedings is the evidence showing that NFL professionals/evaluators deemed him good enough to be on a roster (and, in some cases, good enough to be a starter). Based on that evidence, I'm betting you can understand why I don't think the NFL lawyers will attempt to claim the opposite. I hope I don't lose that bet.
A lot of guys are "good enough to be on a roster" HoTD. Johnny Manziel, Tim Tebow, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc, etc, etc... None of them are on a roster either because they suck. Kaep didn't get a spot on one because #1 he's dead weight and his stats don't support him being a starter. #2 His only usefulness was as a protester last year. He had no intention of taking the field. NFL teams don't have mascot or protester positions on their rosters. They have guys they can count on in a pinch to get the job done. Clearly, no team in the NFL had a spot for him and I guarantee none of the teams contacted any of your "experts" because they didn't need to.
Again........I understand that's your opinion Gunnar. You're not alone in your view. That's fine.

Others, including people who make such evaluations for the NFL professionally, see it very differently and believe that Kaepernick is as good or better than other active/available QBs.

The teams are free to hire and reject potential players according to their own preferences, criteria and evaluations. They are under no obligation to hire Kaepernick. That's not in dispute.

Kaepernick is contending that the reason he's not being given a shot as a free agent is that NFL members have colluded against him in response to his controversial pre-game silent protest. That is the source of this labor contract dispute. The burden is on Kaepernick and his attorney to prove collusion, which is very difficult.

As I've said repeatedly, I just don't think the league's legal reps will use a more formal iteration of "he just sucks as a player" to defend the NFL against collusion allegations because that would conflict with the NFL testimony and documentation presented thus far in litigation. If you think I'm wrong about that and the "he just sucks" defense will be used in court proceedings, that's fine. Difference of opinion.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what evidence Kaepernick and his attorney present in their attempt to show that two or more NFL members colluded in order to essentially blackball him, assuming the case isn't settled and evidence isn't sealed.
(05-30-2018, 09:56 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Again........I understand that's your opinion Gunnar. You're not alone in your view. That's fine.

Others, including people who make such evaluations for the NFL professionally, see it very differently and believe that Kaepernick is as good or better than other active/available QBs.

The teams are free to hire and reject potential players according to their own preferences, criteria and evaluations. They are under no obligation to hire Kaepernick. That's not in dispute.

Kaepernick is contending that the reason he's not being given a shot as a free agent is that NFL members have colluded against him in response to his controversial pre-game silent protest. That is the source of this labor contract dispute. The burden is on Kaepernick and his attorney to prove collusion, which is very difficult.

As I've said repeatedly, I just don't think the league's legal reps will use a more formal iteration of "he just sucks as a player" to defend the NFL against collusion allegations because that would conflict with the NFL testimony and documentation presented thus far in litigation. If you think I'm wrong about that and the "he just sucks" defense will be used in court proceedings, that's fine. Difference of opinion.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what evidence Kaepernick and his attorney present in their attempt to show that two or more NFL members colluded in order to essentially blackball him, assuming the case isn't settled and evidence isn't sealed.
No team want's to have a horse and pony show in their locker room. I don't blame them. Word about him got around pretty quick (it usually does) that he might not be the healthiest element to bring into a locker room. I don't doubt that one bit. But I seriously doubt anyone can bring proof to the table that there was a conspiracy to blackball Kaep. His stats suck and he's not starter material. He could affect your locker room. He doesn't plan on taking the field this year but instead wishes to protest. Those are the 3 reasons he didn't get signed.
People could learn a ton from dogs one lesson would be never shit in the dog dish and never bite the owner. Oh well, people are such pussies nowadays. I don't know why.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-30-2018, 01:13 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: No team want's to have a horse and pony show in their locker room. I don't blame them. Word about him got around pretty quick (it usually does) that he might not be the healthiest element to bring into a locker room. I don't doubt that one bit. But I seriously doubt anyone can bring proof to the table that there was a conspiracy to blackball Kaep. His stats suck and he's not starter material. He could affect your locker room. He doesn't plan on taking the field this year but instead wishes to protest. Those are the 3 reasons he didn't get signed.

Those are three reasons YOU wouldn't sign him if you were a team owner or coach.

But, what matters to the arbitrator and/or judge is what the people who are actually in a position to make hiring decisions for the NFL say and think. Several of them have already been deposed and testified about it.

If there's evidence or testimony that decision-makers or leaders in the NFL conspired to have keep him from being signed, or were directed/cautioned/pressured by the league not to sign him, then it could be ruled 'collusion' under the collective bargaining agreement.

We'll see.
(05-30-2018, 02:24 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 01:13 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: No team want's to have a horse and pony show in their locker room. I don't blame them. Word about him got around pretty quick (it usually does) that he might not be the healthiest element to bring into a locker room. I don't doubt that one bit. But I seriously doubt anyone can bring proof to the table that there was a conspiracy to blackball Kaep. His stats suck and he's not starter material. He could affect your locker room. He doesn't plan on taking the field this year but instead wishes to protest. Those are the 3 reasons he didn't get signed.

Those are three reasons YOU wouldn't sign him if you were a team owner or coach.

But, what matters to the arbitrator and/or judge is what the people who are actually in a position to make hiring decisions for the NFL say and think. Several of them have already been deposed and testified about it.

If there's evidence or testimony that decision-makers or leaders in the NFL conspired to have keep him from being signed, or were directed/cautioned/pressured by the league not to sign him, then it could be ruled 'collusion' under the collective bargaining agreement.

We'll see.
Those three reasons are the reasons ANY coach or owner wouldn't sign him. FFS HoTD. Listen to yourself. If you had an applicant such as Kaep who wasn't good at her job. Had no intention of working this year and affected the morale of all of your staff would you hire her? Is it collusion if you tell your friend who also has a health care job that these three reasons are why you didn't hire her?
You're hopeless Gunnar. You either can't grasp or can't accept what I'm stating about the factors that will impact the legal case.

You just want to keep arguing YOUR opinion in regards to Kaep's talent, work ethic, motivation.........over and over.

As I've said multiple times in multiple ways...........I'm not arguing with YOUR opinion, but your opinion is as irrelevant as mine when it comes to the collusion litigation, period. You're not a party in the case. That's not hard to comprehend, so I'm not gonna keeping going in this loop with you, doofus.
Well the 9th circuit circus is still going on and he might be able to shop it out to them if he has a good attorney maybe before Trump changes the makeup of that bizarro world. Time will tell.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.