Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION
Maggot Offline
Supermod

RE: KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION

Well maybe the players with all their money could get together and make a commercial or something, they must understand that it looks like they are disrespecting the flag and the vets kneeling during the anthem. They need a better venue and should pay for it themselves not the league.That is if they are so enamored with it.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
10-16-2017 08:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-16-2017 03:52 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  I don't think he has a leg to stand on, but he can always take a knee. hah

Effin' corny Gunnar, but pretty funny. ")

You shin be making jokes about something so serious though!

10-16-2017 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(10-16-2017 09:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 03:52 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  I don't think he has a leg to stand on, but he can always take a knee. hah

Effin' corny Gunnar, but pretty funny. ")

You shin be making jokes about something so serious though!
NOT too soon.

10-17-2017 09:46 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

It doesn't bother me that Kaepernick and other athletes take a knee in silent and peaceful protest of social injustice and police brutality. I get it.

It's more bothersome to me that the President of the United States has latched onto and exploited false accusations that it's a case of 'non-patriotism' to rile up the base and interfere in private business.

But, in all seriousness, Kaepernick doesn't have a leg to stand on unless he and his attorney can produce tangible evidence, like what Duchess mentioned, that two or more team owners colluded to blackball him over it.

I also think the fact that Kaepernick wore those stupid socks with pigs in police caps early on really worked against him.

10-17-2017 10:11 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(10-17-2017 10:11 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  It doesn't bother me that Kaepernick and other athletes take a knee in silent and peaceful protest of social injustice and police brutality. I get it.

It's more bothersome to me that the President of the United States has latched onto and exploited false accusations that it's a case of 'non-patriotism' to rile up the base and interfere in private business.

But, in all seriousness, Kaepernick doesn't have a leg to stand on unless he and his attorney can produce tangible evidence, like what Duchess mentioned, that two or more team owners colluded to blackball him over it.

I also think the fact that Kaepernick wore those stupid socks with pigs in police caps early on really worked against him.
It is non-patriotism and disrespect, but as Malcom Jenkins pointed out, by design, protests aren't pretty, warm and fuzzy feel good displays. It's supposed to grab your attention. Well, it got attention. From the POTUS none the less. It shouldn't bother anyone who is fighting for change because it's publicity for the cause and any publicity is good publicity. Trump did BLM a favor by calling attention to it.

10-17-2017 11:06 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I understand your opinions but disagree with all of your points, Gunnar.

I think the players are more qualified to tell us how they feel and their motives than are you or the President.

And, the President COULD have turned the controversy into a productive discussion. But, he instead jumped on one side, the side his base predominantly holds, and used the issue to recommend owners firing their employees, labeling people as being unpatriotic when they've made clear that's not the place they're coming from, etc..........

I don't believe Trump has done BLM any favors, but I don't think he's hurt their cause any either. He's just playing off his own biases and successfully playing to his base, in my opinion.

10-17-2017 11:18 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(10-17-2017 11:18 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I understand your opinions but disagree with all of your points, Gunnar.

I think the players are more qualified to tell us how they feel and their motives than are you or the President.

And, the President COULD have turned the controversy into a productive discussion. But, he instead jumped on one side, the side his base predominantly holds, and used the issue to recommend owners firing their employees, labeling people as being unpatriotic when they've made clear that's not the place they're coming from, etc..........

I don't believe Trump has done BLM any favors, but I don't think he's hurt their cause any either. He's just playing off his own biases and successfully playing to his base, in my opinion.
As a white middle aged woman you have the right to your opinion no matter how contrived it may be.

10-17-2017 11:31 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

Breaking News: The NFL announced today that because of lost revenue due to kneeling, an NFL Team had to be cut. Tampa Bay and the Green Bay Packers will be combining forming the Tampacks. They will be good for only one period and will have no second string...

10-17-2017 12:26 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
10-17-2017 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-17-2017 11:31 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  As a white middle aged woman you have the right to your opinion no matter how contrived it may be.

Yeah Gunnar, you labeling my opinion false or artificial due to my race, age, and gender isn't surprising and proves the point: you don't listen or consider what other people think unless you agree with them.

I won't blame your shortcoming on the fact that you're a white middle-aged man though -- I think it's more specific to you as an individual.

10-17-2017 02:36 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(10-17-2017 02:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 11:31 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  As a white middle aged woman you have the right to your opinion no matter how contrived it may be.

Yeah Gunnar, you labeling my opinion false or artificial due to my race, age, and gender isn't surprising and proves the point: you don't listen or consider what other people think unless you agree with them.

I won't blame your shortcoming on the fact that you're a white middle-aged man though -- I think it's more specific to you as an individual.
I said contrived. Look it up if you need to.

10-17-2017 02:51 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-17-2017 02:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  

Maybe you should look up words before you use them Gunnar.

contrived = created or arranged in a way that seems artificial and unrealistic
synonyms: forced, strained, studied, artificial, affected, put-on, phony, pretended, false, feigned, fake, manufactured, unnatural...

As I said, I understand your opinion on taking a knee, I just don't with agree your rationale.

10-17-2017 03:09 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(10-17-2017 03:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 02:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  

Maybe you should look up words before you use them Gunnar.

contrived = created or arranged in a way that seems artificial and unrealistic
synonyms: forced, strained, studied, artificial, affected, put-on, phony, pretended, false, feigned, fake, manufactured, unnatural...

As I said, I understand your opinion on taking a knee, I just don't with agree your rationale.
I am familiar with the words I use, what you don't seem to understand is that they're taking a knee instead of standing to draw attention to their cause. Yet what bothers you the most is that Trump commented on it (thereby drawing MUCH more attention to their cause than they would have received without his comment). You can disagree with me all you want but what I just stated above is fact. You may not like it, but it's a fact none the less. Now scurry about in some other thread in hopes of validating some ignorant notion you made up in your head, you clearly cant find your ass with both hands in this one.

10-17-2017 03:16 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

You can't read minds to tell us what the people engaged are thinking and feeling Gunnar.

You 'think' those participating in the silent protest are 'unpatriotic' even when they've explained that they love this country, but object to what they consider social injustice and police brutality in the United States. You get to have your opinion and put words in their mouths, as does Trump. But, you're wrong in insisting that your opinions equate to facts.

And, I never said Trump getting immersed in it didn't call further attention to the controversy/issue. I think that's precisely why he did it and don't think Trump has likely helped or hurt the cause in so doing. I think it's more likely that he's only reinforced the views of people who already agreed with what he's saying and hasn't changed the minds of anyone who disagreed with him.

That's my opinion which isn't affected by the fact that you think it's ignorant, contrived or whatever else you want to toss out there.

10-17-2017 03:44 PM