Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION
Sorry Duchess, this is the link to the compilation of interviews with veterans: http://www.businessinsider.com/veterans-...ick-2016-9

Thanks, HotD. Very good article. I appreciate being able to read their opinions. I especially liked this -

"I can tell you, speaking for three generations of my family, it is PRECISELY for men like Kaepernick, and his right to peacefully protest injustice, that we were willing to serve," said Michael Sands, a Green Beret who is the son of a World War II veteran and father of an Army officer who served in Afghanistan. "Want to respect the American flag? Then respect the ideals for which it stands. Bullying language and calling peaceful protesters 'sons of bitches' who should be fired aren't among them."

I liked the guy's 97 yr. old grandpa who had served in WWII and wanted to join those who take a knee too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Short interview with Kaepernick's attorney Mark Geragos.

Geragos talks about why he thinks he'll be able to win the case and Kaepernick's goal, along with case-related strategies.

President Trump is not happy that he wasn't able to coerce the NFL into penalizing or firing its employees if they choose not to stand for the anthem.

He tweeted this out at 4 a.m. this morning.

The NFL has decided that it will not force players to stand for the playing of our National Anthem. Total disrespect for our great country!

Bad for the President, but possibly good for the team owners.

I can see the owners using their 'unity' arm locks and kneeling a couple of weeks ago + the NFL's decision to allow silent protest......in attempt to defend against allegations that they colluded to appease Trump.

ETA: Goodell is set to hold a press conference shortly.
Goodell said in his press conference yesterday that there will be no immediate change to the Collective Bargaining Agreement rules. (Unlike the NBA's CBA rules, the current NFL rules do not mandate that players stand during the anthem.)

Goodell noted that he personally thinks, like many fans, that all players should stand. He also said that he and other league officials are working to better understand the issues of inequality which are being protested and they want to make a difference.

Afterwards....Trump, of course, criticized the decision and statement in a tweet that read,
"NFL: Too much talk, not enough action. Stand for the National Anthem"

Kaepernick's attorney, Mark Geragos, responded with a quote from JFK. His statement read,
"As John F. Kennedy aptly noted almost 60 years ago, a president should be a moral leader in the crusade for human rights and '[h]e must exert the great moral and educational force of his office ... to support the right of every American to stand up for his rights, even if on occasion he must sit down for them.'"

I'm not a fan of Geragos in general, but absolutely agree with him and JFK on this one.
Saw in the news today, where the Kaeper is branching out since
he's not being picked up by any teams, he's planning on "writing a book"!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

The title could be "How to be a loser in one easy step"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-25-2017, 11:45 AM)Maggot Wrote: The title could be "How to be a loser in one easy step"
hah
(10-25-2017, 11:45 AM)Maggot Wrote: The title could be "How to be a loser in one easy step"

That title wouldn’t likely get the books flying off the shelves (and it doesn’t fit, in my opinion).

I’m thinking “The Art of The Kneel” might be a better bet.

hah I aspire to your way with words.
(10-25-2017, 02:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

That title wouldn’t likely get the books flying off the shelves (and it doesn’t fit, in my opinion).

I’m thinking “The Art of The Kneel” might be a better bet.
Better yet... "The FART and the kneel"

Get it? Because Kaep's career was like a fart hah Came on strong in the beginning and wafted off after 2013! hahhahhah
(10-25-2017, 12:03 AM)Carsman Wrote: Saw in the news today, where the Kaeper is branching out since
he's not being picked up by any teams, he's planning on "writing a book"!

I've seen that in the news pages a couple of times today Cars.

There aren't any details other than it's reportedly a deal with Random House which equates to about $1 million.

That's not a lot compared to NFL earnings, but it could be a good way for him to promote his cause.

So far this year, Kaepernick has been busy with his Know Your Rights campaign, which he started to raise awareness on self-empowerment and interacting with law enforcement. It seems like a good program.

He's also donated $1 million to a variety of social justice causes.

I didn't even know he was black until he grew out his 'fro. Jesus. 78

I don't mean for this to sound racist and I might not say it around anyone but y'all - his parents are white, he grew up white in a white town.

I understand that's neither here nor there.
(10-25-2017, 05:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's true though.

I read an interview with him some time back where he talked about what it was like being a bi-racial kid raised by white adoptive parents.

Anyway, I wouldn't feel any different if it was instead Tom Brady, Richard Sherman, or Eduardo Castañeda who'd felt compelled to lead a silent protest against racial inequality, social injustice, and police brutality.
He tries to make himself look blacker, that's racist man!
(10-25-2017, 05:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anyway, I wouldn't feel any different if it was instead Tom Brady, Richard Sherman, or Eduardo Castañeda who'd felt compelled to lead a silent protest against racial inequality, social injustice, and police brutality.

I share that point of view. I think it's the right one. hah

I say that sincerely even though I laughed.
(10-25-2017, 05:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 05:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's true though.

I read an interview with him some time back where he talked about what it was like being a bi-racial kid raised by white adoptive parents.

Anyway, I wouldn't feel any different if it was instead Tom Brady, Richard Sherman, or Eduardo Castañeda who'd felt compelled to lead a silent protest against racial inequality, social injustice, and police brutality.
Who?
Kaepernick has been invited and will attend the meeting between the players and owners next week, according to latest reports.

The league is considering some social activism initiatives to reduce the number of protests. That's the focus of the meeting.

In the meantime, the owner of the Houston Texans, billionaire Bob McNair, is catching some heat for saying at a league meeting last week, "we can’t have the inmates running the prison” in response to players taking a knee during the national anthem.

Today he apologized publicly and said he didn't mean to be taken literally and he wasn't referring to the players. I'm not sure who else he could have been referring to.......but hopefully he goes into next week's meetings with an open mind and ear. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footba...-1.3593267
I think he meant asylum.