Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION
(11-15-2017, 03:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well guys, I'm okay with agreeing to disagree about Colin Kaepernick's abilities as a quarterback. I don't think he's below average and maybe only good enough to be a back up, but understand that you do. And, I don't think it's his baggage that he's lugging around, but understand that you do.

I'm interested to see where his grievance goes and whether his attorney finds evidence of collusion. Geragos has public statements which he feels help build a case. And last week owners were asked to turn over cell phones as league officials await word on depositions.
If he was above mediocre and had no baggage (you say it's not his baggage but he made the choice to carry that luggage so IMO it's all his), he'd be riding the pine somewhere or starting in SF. I'm pretty sure there's teams out there that are pulling out all the stops right now. The aforementioned Browns for one, and I believe the Bills are starting a guy I've never heard of this week too (Nathan Peterman... Anybody? Anybody ever heard of him?).
Keep in mind, he gave away money to get out of SF early (he was contracted to 2020). He knew the writing was on the wall there, and wanted to take a crack at free agency. I don't think he expected no one to be interested.

The rumor wire had it that there was interest earlier in 2017, but in signing him as a back up (which of course is much less money). He wasn't interested then in not being a starter or getting starter sized money.
I'm not much interested in those rumors, but very interested in the facts and what will be presented as circumstantial evidence in the legal case.

If the team owners with serious QB problems claim that Kaepernick just isn't good enough to be considered, I suspect the statistics will probably become part of the case, and maybe the statements of players like Brady and Sherman.

“I’ve always watched him and admired him, the way that he’s played,” Brady said. “He was a great young quarterback. He came to our stadium and beat us and took his team to the Super Bowl in 2012. He accomplished a lot in the pros as a player. And he’s certainly qualified, and I hope he gets a shot."

Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Joe Flacco, and Aaron Rodgers are among the other players who've made public statements indicating that Kaepernick is qualified and deserves a shot.
(11-15-2017, 05:09 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Keep in mind, he gave away money to get out of SF early (he was contracted to 2020). He knew the writing was on the wall there, and wanted to take a crack at free agency. I don't think he expected no one to be interested.

The rumor wire had it that there was interest earlier in 2017, but in signing him as a back up (which of course is much less money). He wasn't interested then in not being a starter or getting starter sized money.
Then financially he made a good choice. He can write books now, do public speaking gigs and likely make as much for at least the next 10 years.

Wouldn't it be something if Colin were TIME magazine's person of the year?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Nothing to do with collusion but it does have to do with Colin.

Colin Kaepernick Is Recipient of 2017 Sports Illustrated Muhammad Ali Legacy Award

Colin Kaepernick made his truth known when he first decided not to stand for the national anthem. He had a lot of football left to play and a lot more money to make when he made his decision.

It was late August, 2016. People who were anonymous in life had become famous in death. Philando Castile. Eric Garner​. Alton Sterling. Freddie Gray. They were tragic symbols of a society that had taken a terribly wrong turn.

As the anthem played ahead of the 49ers' preseason game against the Texans, Kaepernick, San Francisco's 28-year-old quarterback at the time, quietly took a seat on the bench.

It took two weeks for anyone from the media to ask him about it.

In the last 16 months, Kaepernick’s truth has been twisted, distorted and used for political gain. It has cost him at least a year of his NFL career and the income that should have come with it. But still, it is his truth. He has not wavered from it. He does not regret speaking it. He has caused millions of people to examine it. And, quietly, he has donated nearly a million dollars to support it.

Story
Boo Fucking Hoo.
(11-30-2017, 03:53 PM)BigMark Wrote: Boo Fucking Hoo.

I didn't read the entire thread but I could fear the tears welling....

This is all Trump's fault. Everything is Trump's fault. But he's not entirely stupid. He publicly went to the money making NFL. The players weren't patriotic, the NFL ought to control their teams and have rules.... All the NFL cares about is MONEY so last I heard they were considering not having the players on the field during the anthem. Problem solved.

These isolated instances never stay isolated--they go in the weirdest directions. At one point I heard there was racism at play here because black people apparently are better football players (for the most sake). So any complaints about the player's behavior was therefore, RACIST!

Go figure. I struggle enough with my ADD; Trump's daily antics are akin to watching 25 roughly 4 and 5 year old's (him and the rest of the Washington nut pluckers) play hide and seek on the edge of a cliff. I just want him impeached.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-14-2017, 11:22 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm not really trying to explain so much as I'm trying to understand why so many NFL fans feel outraged about a peaceful silent display. Kaepernick didn't violate any NFL rules or break any laws.

You're never going to be able to understand it. The only term I can come up with is 'free will'.

I'll explain it like this- I went to a catholic school, when I was in the 6th grade, my brother was hit & killed by a drunk driver. When I asked sister raps a knuckle why God would allow that to happen, she said God gave people free will to do as they please.

A year or 2 later one of my classmates was gang raped and nearly beaten to death, right outside the school. At that time I asked Father touch a boy, if God was such a great and merciful God, wouldn't he have mercy on my classmate, and prevent the rape from happening? His answer was the same, God gives people free will to do with as they please.

It doesn't matter how logical you are, in your understanding of CK's protest, the dude sitting next to you has his own free will and thought process about it. 500 people can come up with 500 reasons not to like it. Trying to wrap your head around why people think the way they do, is like raking leaves against the wind, you may catch 1 or 2 leaves (glimmers of understanding) but you will never catch all the leaves, they'll keep blowing in the wind.

That's a great post, CG. Smiley_emoticons_smile
I loved her reference to ‘Sister Whisker Biscuit’.
(12-02-2017, 08:05 AM)cannongal Wrote: It doesn't matter how logical you are, in your understanding of CK's protest, the dude sitting next to you has his own free will and thought process about it. 500 people can come up with 500 reasons not to like it. Trying to wrap your head around why people think the way they do, is like raking leaves against the wind, you may catch 1 or 2 leaves (glimmers of understanding) but you will never catch all the leaves, they'll keep blowing in the wind.

That's true enough.

I do understand better why a few people here are so offended by it now, just from listening.

They see it as a lack of patriotism, a hit to the NFL business, and a case of attention-seeking whining. I don't see it that way, but at least I understand 497 out of those 500 reasons. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(12-02-2017, 08:05 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 11:22 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm not really trying to explain so much as I'm trying to understand why so many NFL fans feel outraged about a peaceful silent display. Kaepernick didn't violate any NFL rules or break any laws.

You're never going to be able to understand it. The only term I can come up with is 'free will'.

I'll explain it like this- I went to a catholic school, when I was in the 6th grade, my brother was hit & killed by a drunk driver. When I asked sister raps a knuckle why God would allow that to happen, she said God gave people free will to do as they please.

A year or 2 later one of my classmates was gang raped and nearly beaten to death, right outside the school. At that time I asked Father touch a boy, if God was such a great and merciful God, wouldn't he have mercy on my classmate, and prevent the rape from happening? His answer was the same, God gives people free will to do with as they please.

It doesn't matter how logical you are, in your understanding of CK's protest, the dude sitting next to you has his own free will and thought process about it. 500 people can come up with 500 reasons not to like it. Trying to wrap your head around why people think the way they do, is like raking leaves against the wind, you may catch 1 or 2 leaves (glimmers of understanding) but you will never catch all the leaves, they'll keep blowing in the wind.

Yeah plus they have little respect for our first amendment rights.
Commando Cunt Queen

That black man hadn't better dare to protest peacefully. Who the hell does he think he is.

What Black man?

Pick a black man, any black one will do. You paint them all with the same brush anyway, it won't matter.
You're so full of shit your eyes are brown.
(12-03-2017, 03:55 PM)BigMark Wrote: your eyes are brown.

Yes, they are. 116
Collusion Case Progresses

As previously reported, Colin Kaepernick's legal team requested access to the emails and texts from league and team execs, coaches, owners and others as part of the discovery process for the quarterback's collusion grievance against the NFL. That asshole Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, and that other asshole Bob McNair were among those whose electronic records were summoned in relation to the case.

Kaepernick's lawyers submitted a list of search terms that may bring back potential evidence from those electronic records, and, league sources said, the NFL has complied with that request, compiling over a thousand documents that contain those terms ("Kaepernick," "Anthem" and "workout," for example) in one form or another. Now the parties must agree on a date by which point Kaepernick's lawyers can begin to sort through the materials to gather more information ahead of eventual deposition of key NFL personnel (like owners Jerry Jones and Jed York).

Of course, not every correspondence or memo turned up through this electronic search will result in materials that are actually germane to the collusion case. The list of executives from teams and the league office, as well as specific coaches and other personnel from individual teams was submitted to the league weeks ago.

No official hearing dates have been set yet, but there is an expectation that depositions could begin taking place by February of next year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kaepe...s-forward/

Jerry Jones is for sure an asshole. *nods vigorously*