Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION
(12-19-2017, 05:29 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 04:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It sorta bothers me when people who have built their own business are forced into a position of having to sell.

You're a nicer person than I. I don't feel sorry for either of those racist sexist old goats!! 79

People who buy into franchises (sports, food, healthcare, etc...) are always bound by the league or parent company's contractual terms and code of conduct.

And, both Sterling and Richardson are well into retirement age, haven't been hit with criminal charges, and are making huge profits on the sell of their franchises.
I really wish Jerry Jones hadn't bought up all his sex tapes 4 years ago.
(12-19-2017, 06:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 04:49 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 02:56 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 01:02 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Hmmm... last I checked, Cam Newton was playing pretty well for Carolina.

And he’s black.
It says owner, not QB MS. Reggie Fowler is the only black man to ever get close to owning an NFL team, and the team he wanted to purchase? Your Vikes back in 2005. There are more than a few black QB's playing well in the league right now. Wilson, Prescott, Taylor, Watson, Winston, etc...

I was responding to Puff Daddy wanting to buy the Panthers and install Kaep as the QB.

Cam is already there.

By the way, in deference to Newton, I saw someone Dab at a PGA event this past weekend.

Cam is King!
My bad, I completely bypassed that comment because Kaep couldn't beat Cam out of the starters position, and even Kaep "expressed interest" in a management spot. Even HE knows he doesn't have the chops to beat out Superman! hah Anyway, Diddy even thinking about putting Kaep up against Cam for the starting spot makes him fairly clueless which is good for the rest of the NFC teams if he buys the team.

Yes, Kaep HAS to know better and is just humoring P Diddy.

Cam’s TD pass off his back foot against us a couple of weeks ago when he flicked his wrist and threw the ball 40 yards on a rope was pretty darn impressive.

I feel like Carolina is the biggest threat to Philly or Minny getting to the Super Bowl, and mostly because Cam is heating up.
(12-19-2017, 07:44 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I feel like Carolina is the biggest threat to Philly or Minny getting to the Super Bowl, and mostly because Cam is heating up.

I gave a sports reporter some snark today when he dared question whether my team were frauds.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-19-2017, 08:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 07:44 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I feel like Carolina is the biggest threat to Philly or Minny getting to the Super Bowl, and mostly because Cam is heating up.

I gave a sports reporter some snark today when he dared question whether my team were frauds.

At least their not limping around with horseshoes up their ass. Stop here
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-19-2017, 06:53 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I really wish Jerry Jones hadn't bought up all his sex tapes 4 years ago.

I hear ya.

On the plus side......Jones probably destroyed those tapes.

So, there’s slim chance we’ll be innocently surfing the net one day and end up crashing Into that shit. ‘)
(12-20-2017, 01:37 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 06:53 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I really wish Jerry Jones hadn't bought up all his sex tapes 4 years ago.

I hear ya.

On the plus side......Jones probably destroyed those tapes.

So, there’s slim chance we’ll be innocently surfing the net one day and end up crashing Into that shit. ‘)
That would be the bright side.
(12-19-2017, 07:44 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 06:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 04:49 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 02:56 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 01:02 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Hmmm... last I checked, Cam Newton was playing pretty well for Carolina.

And he’s black.
It says owner, not QB MS. Reggie Fowler is the only black man to ever get close to owning an NFL team, and the team he wanted to purchase? Your Vikes back in 2005. There are more than a few black QB's playing well in the league right now. Wilson, Prescott, Taylor, Watson, Winston, etc...

I was responding to Puff Daddy wanting to buy the Panthers and install Kaep as the QB.

Cam is already there.

By the way, in deference to Newton, I saw someone Dab at a PGA event this past weekend.

Cam is King!
My bad, I completely bypassed that comment because Kaep couldn't beat Cam out of the starters position, and even Kaep "expressed interest" in a management spot. Even HE knows he doesn't have the chops to beat out Superman! hah Anyway, Diddy even thinking about putting Kaep up against Cam for the starting spot makes him fairly clueless which is good for the rest of the NFC teams if he buys the team.

Yes, Kaep HAS to know better and is just humoring P Diddy.

Cam’s TD pass off his back foot against us a couple of weeks ago when he flicked his wrist and threw the ball 40 yards on a rope was pretty darn impressive.

I feel like Carolina is the biggest threat to Philly or Minny getting to the Super Bowl, and mostly because Cam is heating up.
Agreed on all three points made. Our Defense is really going to need to step it up in order to make it to the big dance and win it. Not saying they can't, and I honestly don't think they were hitting on all cylinders with the Giants last week, I think they may have been looking past them. They can't do that anymore. If they sew up home field this weekend they can look past teams until the playoffs. Otherwise, every second of every game will have an impact on the remainder of the season. I believe in our run game and our defense. Fly Eagles Fly.
(12-20-2017, 09:18 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Fly Eagles Fly.

On the road to victory!
Also, just heard the franchise is likely to sell for 1.2 billion.
(12-20-2017, 12:34 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 09:18 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Fly Eagles Fly.

On the road to victory!
Score a touchdown 1, 2, 3!
(12-20-2017, 02:56 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Score a touchdown 1, 2, 3!

Hit 'em low!

Hit 'em high!
(12-20-2017, 03:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 02:56 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Score a touchdown 1, 2, 3!

Hit 'em low!

Hit 'em high!
And watch our Eagles fly,
on the road to victory!
New rule: Kneel in the locker room or face a fine. Goodell sees there is money to be made here.

The NFL will enact a national anthem policy for 2018 that requires players and league personnel on the sideline to stand but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they don't want to stand, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Wednesday.

Under the change approved by team owners at the Spring League Meeting, individual clubs will have the power to set their own policies to ensure the anthem is being respected during any on-field action. If a player chooses to protest on the sideline, the NFL will fine the team. The player also could be fined by his team, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Judy Battista reported.

Goodell said the six changes under the policy were unanimously approved by team owners who voted. San Francisco 49ers owner Jed York said he abstained from voting, in part, due to the lack of player involvement in the decision process.

link
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Lol. I saw Goodell's announcement today.

I hope the ultra sensitive and intolerant contingent of NFL fans can finally release the pearls from their clutches, let go of their outrage at seeing some professional athletes kneeling in silent protest of racial injustice and police brutality, and recover from the emotional trauma enough to focus on the game instead of two minutes of pre-game ceremony.

The NFL's new "Policy Statement" made me laugh.

"Players shall stand and show respect for the flag and the anthem" -- repeated 5 times.
So.......will the NFL need to expand the policy to define what exactly constitutes 'showing respect' when fans scream that some standing players' facial expressions aren't deferential enough?

OR, the policy states:

"Personnel who choose not to stand for the anthem may stay in the locker room until after the anthem has been performed." So.........they don't really have to stand and show respect, they can opt out like they could up until a few years ago when the Department of Defense started paying NFL teams for patriotic displays which helped recruitment efforts.

Anyway, the NFL is a private business, not a public one. They can therefore restrict free expression on-the-job if they choose. And, as silly as I found the outrage and claims that the kneeling is 'unpatriotic', I understand the dilemma for Goodell and the owners. They're catering to a majority of their customers, the paying advertisers, and also likely reacting to public pressure from the POTUS. It's all about the profits.
I read that one team leader already came out and said he's not going to restrict his players' freedoms if they want to engage in silent protest -- he'll just pay the fines himself. That's cool.

The players/employees didn't get a vote when it came to the new policy. But, at least Goodell aimed for some player appeasement and threw them a bit of a bone in announcing the new policy.

The efforts by many of our players sparked awareness and action around issues of social justice that must be addressed. The platform that we have created together is certainly unique in professional sports and quite likely in American business. We are honored to work with our players to drive progress.

It was unfortunate that on-field protests created a false perception among many that thousands of NFL players were unpatriotic. This is not and was never the case.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...hem-policy

They rolled over like a dog. It's very disappointing.

My team is expected to be going to the White House on June 5th. I hope none of my favorite players go, I'll really hate to kiss 'em goodbye.
You gals (D and HotD)are normally pretty rational thinkers and I appreciate that.

The NFL is a business and very much in the public eye.

They suffered (business wise) a ton last year while this went on.

Now, they’re nipping it in the bud, and I have no problem with it.

Chuck Foreman (ex-Viking) offered a sound bite last night regarding this issue:

“The players brought the issues to light and I commend them for that. Now, it’s the next phase where action needs to occur. Get active in your community and make change happen.”

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
(05-24-2018, 09:39 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You gals (D and HotD)are normally pretty rational thinkers and I appreciate that.

“The players brought the issues to light and I commend them for that. Now, it’s the next phase where action needs to occur. Get active in your community and make change happen.”

Agreed. And Goodell's move to give those who wish to protest the anthem the freedom to stay in the locker room was a compromise, although it's not being seen as such. I don't care who goes or stays home for the White House visit. It's part of the ride when you win a championship and those who don't wish to go probably feel the same way about those who will go as I do. What made our team great last season was teamwork and a will to win. Jenkins protested along with Chris Long and many others but they still came together as a team to play ball which is what I personally like to see. If they can put their differences aside, so can I.
(05-24-2018, 09:39 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You gals (D and HotD)are normally pretty rational thinkers and I appreciate that.

Thanks MS.

The NFL has been experiencing decreased viewership for several years, starting long before Kaepernick dared to take a knee in 2016 and Trump amplified attention to that and used it for propaganda purposes in 2017.

I read some commentary a couple of years back attributing the ratings decline to the public exposure of the league's CTE issues and handling of the crisis.

I read other commentary attributing it to the league's management regarding player scandals and the quality of play.

Maybe those commentaries were accurate, in part. And, maybe the continuing declining trend last year was due, in part, to the fans who were so highly offended about an occasional pre-game knee.

But, tv ratings for every category aside from cable news have been in decline over the last few years as well. Cable news ratings picked up starting in 2016 due to it being a presidential election year, and they have continued to increase likely due to the real-time reality show nature of the current administration's politicking (and the media's profit-driven desire to capitalize on it).

So, I'd be surprised if the silent protests contributed as significantly to NFL ratings drops as some presume, or if the NFL's new anthem policy will have any real impact in terms of reversing its declining ratings trend.

It's easy for fans to scream on-line and with each other about taking a stand against taking a knee and swear not to watch football anymore.............but I'm not sure all that many fans actually stopped watching because of a couple of minutes of peaceful pre-game silence.

The NFL rolled over like a scolded dog and once they did that opened the door for trump to say that those who want to kneel probably shouldn't be in our country. I'm not going to normalize this bullshit. It's not normal, it's not okay.