Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
His ankle appeared to become detached.
Celtics forward Gordon Hayward. He had just signed a 4 yr 128 million dollar contract.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Been there done that, four years ago.
Saw this last night. Pretty gruesome injury. Worst I've seen in the NBA.
My foot flopped sideways hanging straight down when I lifted my leg up after smushing it back together hoping it was just dislocated.
HOPE LIVES!!! I remember that guy that had a bone sticking out his shin a year or two ago.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I can't look. *peeks*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-18-2017, 01:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: HOPE LIVES!!! I remember that guy that had a bone sticking out his shin a year or two ago.
I missed that one, but I remember Joe Theisman vs. LT.

I was at a convention in Seattle back in 2004 and Theisman and Dierdorf were at the bar in my hotel (they were doing the Monday Night game in Seattle). I walked over and introduced myself and talked football for a bit. I mentioned the LT hit and he put his hand on his thigh and told me he can still feel it when someone brings it up. I felt bad, so I excused myself and went back to my room hah
(10-18-2017, 10:39 AM)Maggot Wrote: Celtics forward Gordon Hayward. He had just signed a 4 yr 128 million dollar contract.

I saw that last night; seriously ugly injury. Sucks big time for Hayward.

Dr. David J. Chao, an orthopedic surgeon who served as an NFL team doctor for 17 years, tweeted that Hayward could return late this season, but that he “won’t be himself until next season. Going to be hard, but not impossible, to return this season.’’

Dr. Fred Cushner, an orthopedic surgeon, told SiriusXM NBA Radio that he also thinks Hayward could make a return this season.

And Sports Illustrated’s Tim Layden offered this insight from a retired orthopedic surgeon, who termed Hayward’s injury as a possible SER-4 ankle fracture that is “usually not that hard to fix,’’ depending on the degree of the soft tissue damage.

I think they're being overly optimistic, but hope they're right.