Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Coffee Pot
If you are a coffee person
do you:
A: Clean the shit out of your pot and cups or mugs including travel mug so they are nice and pristine for each use?
or
B: Leave the coffee gunk caked on for decades and decades giving your coffee that special taste you just love and if someone cleans your drinking vessel or coffee pot you freak out.
or
C: Somewhere in between?
D. I buy my coffee at Cumby's, Dunkin Donuts, or Burger King.

I wash my coffee pot everyday and even with doing that it still begins to get a buildup and that's when I use salt & ice cubes in it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I prefer B, but my wife doesn’t allow it.

Darn it. I didn't follow directions! Ugh. I choose A!
"A"

Dirty cups, spoons, and or pot go in the DW after every use, it gets them pretty clean! Smiley_emoticons_wink
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

It all has to be sparkling clean before each use. I put a couple of tablespoons of dishwashing soap with very hot water, it takes off all the coffee residue. i think this is just affirmation because someone Love Child knows is a slob.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have a $4000 coffee maker that is self cleaning so this doesn't really apply to me. Its a Jura and manufactured in Switzerland. I do wash my coffee cups after each use, seems like the normal thing to do.
(11-03-2017, 12:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: It all has to be sparkling clean before each use. I put a couple of tablespoons of dishwashing soap with very hot water, it takes off all the coffee residue. i think this is just affirmation because someone Love Child knows is a slob.

Nah, I like a little bit of build up in the pot. ; ) Smiley_emoticons_smile Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I think it is appropriate to clean the pot weekly, but not daily and this lady I used to work with would get so upset when she found some build up on the coffee pot and would show me her cleaning rag and try to gross me out but it never did. I mean its coffee, of course its going to be dirty!

LOL
I'll clean the pot before any of you come over though! Except Midwest!
(11-04-2017, 12:06 AM)Love Child Wrote: I like a little bit of build up in the pot. ; ) Smiley_emoticons_smile Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I had a girlfriend who felt the same way about the buildup on her grill grate.
I clean mine.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.