Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
GIVE ME MY DAILY BREAD
(11-15-2017, 05:26 PM)sally Wrote: Yeah, but you didn't start a thread about how you were moved by the holy spirit and saddened and disappointed by how so many people here don't have the same views as you.

True, but I did start the Tuesday Titties and Large Knockers threads.

ETA: hah @ This Little Light of Mine, HotD. A much better choice than Rock of Ages. If I'm picking one, I'm going to go with Birdhouse in your Soul for my morning hymn.
(11-15-2017, 05:12 PM)sally Wrote: You may not think it's a big deal, but it crosses the line when the fucker is in here preaching bible scriptures.

hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-15-2017, 03:23 AM)BigMark Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mjmcceM7eD1ru5h8co2_r1_250.gif]

(11-15-2017, 12:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:14 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: he will show you how to escape from your temptation.

...but, but, but I don't want to escape from it.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it all on my own.

hah
(11-15-2017, 05:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 05:15 PM)Jimbone Wrote: If that's the line, then I'm waaaaay over it.

We all let our little lights go dim sometimes, but you can redeem yourself.

Listen to this song each morning and sing along with conviction; you'll never be tempted to cross the line again heathen!

We used to sing that song all the time in Vacation Bible School along with this one:

Well now we know why you're so fucked up.
(11-15-2017, 07:29 PM)sally Wrote: Well now we know why you're so fucked up.

That and not masturbating until I was 23. Damn Catholic mom guilt.
(11-15-2017, 03:05 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 12:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 12:05 PM)sally Wrote: The Christian God allows men free will, right? So how can God be trusted not to let you be tempted too much? I for one don't trust him or any of his followers.

Yes, you/me all have free will.

Free will to believe in God or not believe in God, or trust any of his followers.

Yes, you believe in God and I don't.

Believing in God (Faith) is so easy for some and for others it’s just not fathomable.

At times, I’ve really struggled with the idea that God exists and even more, that he cares about me.

But I’ve always believed that human beings have souls and that our souls live on after death. And, if that is indeed the case, afterlife with God is very believable.

There’s nothing you can read that will magically transform you into a person of faith.

For everyone that believes we simply live, then die, and that’s it, I sincerely believe you are wrong.
(11-15-2017, 07:55 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Believing in God (Faith) is so easy for some and for others it’s just not fathomable.

At times, I’ve really struggled with the idea that God exists and even more, that he cares about me.

But I’ve always believed that human beings have souls and that our souls live on after death. And, if that is indeed the case, afterlife with God is very believable.

There’s nothing you can read that will magically transform you into a person of faith.

For everyone that believes we simply live, then die, and that’s it, I sincerely believe you are wrong.

Actually I can't say that I don't believe in a God because I really don't know if one exists. And neither do you. The only difference is you need to have faith in a God to give your life meaning and I don't.

Also if there is a higher power my idea of it is very different from the Christian God. The Christian God to me sounds like a lunatic. I would be fooling myself intellectually to have faith in something that I find absolutely absurd just because of my concerns with the afterlife and unknown.

Also if it makes you feel good to congregate with a bunch of assholes at church and come back here and tell it on the mountain, I'm happy for you. I was just messing with you earlier, it's wasn't the worst thing in the world to tell Duchess you want to watch your dick slide in and out of her. Just don't say that to the old lady who plays the organ at church, that could get you in trouble.
And, like I don’t go into the cooking and home decorating threads, you don’t need to wander into this thread.

You’ve said what you’ve needed to say, and if you’re ever looking for a spiritual thread, by all means check in here, otherwise, stay out.
I'll come in here whenever the fuck I want and if I think you need to be straightened out I'll tell you. You're not the boss of the forums.

I think everyone should be able to have a thread they enjoy without it being shit on except you. Because you are one of God's many hypocrites.
Yeah, slide that down your gullet while looking in the mirror!
(11-15-2017, 09:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: And, like I don’t go into the cooking and home decorating threads, you don’t need to wander into this thread.

You’ve said what you’ve needed to say, and if you’re ever looking for a spiritual thread, by all means check in here, otherwise, stay out.

Okay Bart.

[Image: 1322753-EmOXDYrrCTfHtnni.jpg]

You can wander into any thread you want and so can everybody else.

Why the hell would you want to shun people who don't share your views and instead preach only to the choir anyway?

That comes across as a transparent attempt at self-validation and not very Christian at all.
(11-15-2017, 09:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: And, like I don’t go into the cooking and home decorating threads, you don’t need to wander into this thread.

So much for that free will you were talking about earlier.
(11-16-2017, 12:10 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Okay Bart.

[Image: 1322753-EmOXDYrrCTfHtnni.jpg]

You can wander into any thread you want and so can everybody else.

Why the hell would you want to shun people who don't share your views and instead preach only to the choir anyway?

That comes across as a transparent attempt at self-validation and not very Christian at all.

Why would atheists want to visit this thread?
(11-16-2017, 11:27 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Why would atheists want to visit this thread?

To share their views on religion
To challenge/debate your assertions
To get under your skin
To shoot the shit
To learn about Christian views from a Christian...

I don't know if sally is an atheist anyway. Sounds, to me, like she believes there might be a god, she just doesn't subscribe to organized religion and dislikes the hypocrisy of some holy rollers.
(11-16-2017, 11:27 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Why would atheists want to visit this thread?

After almost 7 yrs. here you have to ask that? C'mon!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
On November 9, a Ccon Rapids, MN police officer made a traffic stop. Inside the vehicle, the officer found a mother and father and 5 small children.

The family told the officer they were homeless and planned to sleep in their car. Temps overnight were expected to drop to 10F. The officer was afraid the family, particularly the children, might freeze if they slept in the car overnight.

The officer tried to find emergency shelter for the family through normal channels, but had no luck.

The officer then helped transport the family to a local hotel, where the officer personally paid for the room.

The officer has not been named and does not want recognition.

This is a wonderful example of what Christ preaches: caring for the poor and needy.

Luke 6:38 says:

“Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
^ Props to that cop. It's what a good Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, or Atheist person would do. But, not everyone would have made the effort.

Sometimes when you insist that I'm anti-Christian because I don't condemn and paint all Muslims as evil, support giving assistance to refugees who have fled a living hell, don't look down on kids of any race, react negatively to displays of outrageous hypocrisy by some Christians.........I think I embrace Christian principles moreso than you MS, even though I'm not Christian.

When they're not twisted to fit a self-serving agenda, most of the pure Christian principles simply amount to human decency and empathy. People can let their little lights shine and find inspiration all around them; the Bible isn't the sole or ruling source of love.

One more time...
I really have no idea if the cop was a Christian or not... but I’m guessing whoever this person was had charity, giving and love instilled in them at some point.

Those are Christian traits.

So again, I can see you’ll be a little yapping dog in here whenever you can, trying to discredit anything I post or say.

Doesn’t say much for you, other than you are anti-Christian, IMO.

But, that’s okay.

I’ll post what I want and you can try to discredit and mock me when you feel you need to.

Same reason I visit all the other threads. Just because I don't subscribe to an organized religion doesn't mean world religion doesn't interest me.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in.

Some of us just go one god further."

~ Richard Dawkins