Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
GIVE ME MY DAILY BREAD
God loves Atheists too. No matter how smug they are. That's the good thing.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Not according to the old testament.
(03-08-2018, 11:14 PM)sally Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 01:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 01:27 PM)sally Wrote: Yeah and we can do it in here too. Actually it's more entertaining to do it in here.

Right.

If you consider Missionary more fun.

Cuz that’s what we’re offering.

And we have the right and freedom in the United States Of America to criticize your bible quotes and love for televangelists.

You can post your daily gospels, but you can't get all pissy when someone interjects occasionally.

You understand my point, right?

I’m not trying to ‘convert’ anyone in this thread.

I’m not trying to convince anyone in this thread that I’m right and they’re wrong.

However, others are doing just that, and I’m simply requesting if they’d like to expound on their opinions (facts in their eyes), could they do it in another thread.

It really is amazing to me how ‘sure’ people can be when discussing the existence of God.

I’d rather take my last breath believing that there’s a hereafter than go through my life believing the light just turns off at the end.
If I may ask, why is that? It has been my experience that those who think the end is just "the end" live fuller, richer lives than those who follow highly arbitrary and idiosyncratic guidelines of deprivation in the hopes that they will get some sort of cosmic cookie if they behave well enough or say they're sorry right at the closing bell. Suppose there IS nothing else. What do you different?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(03-09-2018, 11:10 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It really is amazing to me how ‘sure’ people can be when discussing the existence of God.

You seem pretty sure about your God, right? So what's the difference? The only difference is that you feel the need to spread your beliefs in a forum and people are responding to it in a way you don't like.

If there is a higher being I believe more in deism than Christianity. I'm not 'sure' though so I don't feel the need to start a thread dedicated to it or push it on other people. If I did, however, I would be ok with people on a forum such as this one debating it with me.
I have a funny story.

For some reason people like to give me bibles. It's happened on several different occasions. My friend from school who turned into a Jehovah gave me a bible, some guy standing outside of my son's school gave me a little bible, the lady who took care of my grandma gave me a bible and so on and so on. Well I couldn't bring myself to throw them out and I didn't want to junk my house up with them so I put them in the console of my old SUV.

After I bought a new car we fixed the old one up for my son. My husband's friend has an auto body shop so we had him fix it up. The guy is somewhat of a holy roller, but on the other hand he's always doing all kinds of fucked up shit.

Well after the car was done I asked my husband on the phone how it looked and he said it looked fine, but that fucking freak put a bunch of bibles in here.
Smiley_emoticons_biggrin The Lord works in mysterious ways.
(03-09-2018, 02:12 PM)Donovan Wrote: If I may ask, why is that? It has been my experience that those who think the end is just "the end" live fuller, richer lives than those who follow highly arbitrary and idiosyncratic guidelines of deprivation in the hopes that they will get some sort of cosmic cookie if they behave well enough or say they're sorry right at the closing bell. Suppose there IS nothing else. What do you different?

I'm thinking that an Atheist works a hell of a lot harder disproving a belief than a religious person does proclaiming their belief. Either way it it does not make one side better than the other. Or happier. But who really cares anyways. as long as people are happy in their chosen belief what does it matter?

I agree with MS he likes his stuff and either you reply or start another thread like you have who really cares? Everyone has a right to believe or not but trying to throw sand in the gears may be the wrong way of going about things, Everyone has a belief right or wrong its not for anyone to be judgmental or simply antagonistic just because. Getting more response or not it's not a game of one upsmanship.

Oh well, I don't believe MS created this thread to create discord but was to toss out his beliefs on the unwashed masses. That's what people do.
(03-09-2018, 11:20 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm thinking that an Atheist works a hell of a lot harder disproving a belief than a religious person does proclaiming their belief.

Of course they work a lot harder disproving a belief. Atheists don't have faith in something simply because they were told to unlike a religious person. A religious person has had their beliefs ingrained into them most likely from childhood, not by God, but by humans. They even question it themselves, but it's a hard thing to shake after you've been told all your life not to question it and that it's your way to eternal salvation. So they don't bother looking for any facts to disprove things that sound absurd unlike an atheist, they just just have faith because that's what they were told to do and it gives them a feeling of comfort.

Weird. I often think of death (it terrifies me) but I never think about eternal salvation. I mostly hope there's nothing to reincarnation because I also fear being sent to Calcutta.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I picked up some nice warm daily bread this morning, it was delicious. Raisin cinnamon.
Happy Palm Sunday!

As many know, this is the day Jesus enters Jerusalem, walks on palms laid at his feet and rides as a King on a donkey.

John 12:13

They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting “Hosanna, blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”

The palms that are blessed today will be used for next year's Ash Wednesday.
(03-25-2018, 01:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The palms that are blessed today will be used for next year's Ash Wednesday.

Interesting!

I did not know that.
(03-25-2018, 01:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Happy Palm Sunday!

As many know, this is the day Jesus enters Jerusalem, walks on palms laid at his feet and rides as a King on a donkey.

They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting “Hosanna, blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”

I've read that if you take the palm fronds home after church and stick them up your ass that it will bring you good fortune. They must be blessed by a higher up, however. You can't just go to the craft store and buy the ones imported from China.

I'm sorry for laughing in the serious thread!
The year after one of the major forest fires they used ash from one of the burnt trees in the forest. It was pretty touching.
(03-25-2018, 06:33 PM)sally Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 01:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Happy Palm Sunday!

I've read that if you take the palm fronds home after church and stick them up your ass that it will bring you good fortune. They must be blessed by a higher up, however. You can't just go to the craft store and buy the ones imported from China.

Not your best material Sal, I’ve heard better from you.
"Hey kids, it's Sunday Funday. We are going to church to learn all about how Jesus entered Jerusalem and the people worshiped him with palm branches. If you're real lucky son you might be able to take a palm frond home and hang it on your wall along with his cross".

No thanks dad, I'd rather stick my dick in a meat grinder.
You're brainwashing your kids, MS. It's a terrible mistake to push your kids into something they can't fully comprehend. Because they can no longer think for themselves when a belief is continually pushed on them. That's something I think people should able to decide on their own when they're adults. It's an awful thing to do to a kid who isn't able to make up their own mind and relies on you for guidance. It's actually really bad for many reasons and I don't support it at all. It contributes greatly to our generation of fucked up kids.