What's the last good deed you did?
(11-22-2017, 12:12 AM)BigMark Wrote: You want it cold enough for a blanket.

Or hard nips.
(11-21-2017, 09:19 AM)Love Child Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 06:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 05:59 PM)Love Child Wrote: I am a person who seeks peace in being close to nature.

Me too *high five*

I was reminded of something I had forgotten. Cold morning air feels good on the naked parts of my body.
I re-discovered this while taking the dog out to walk this morning at 5 AM. That was my good deed of the day.

I have never seen a naked person walking a dog, and have never even thought about it till now.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I bet her sweater puppies get all the old hounds howling.
They do roll over onto their backs when they see me. But I wasn't completely naked, just in my robe and jacket over my robe. No good deeds today except for eating anything my aunt put in front of me because it made her excited every time I said, "yes".

Today at my local gas station in a pump bay next to mine, I saw an older lady having trouble removing her car's gas cap. (It was on very tight)

So I walked over to her and asked if she wanted me to remove it for her. With a very big smile, she said thank you yes please.
I did, and She was a happy camper!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

She better cook you breakfast.
My daughter talked me into waiting in line for 20 minutes at McDonald's and when I got up to the window to pay, the girl said the lady ahead of me paid for my meal. I thought she meant that our tickets got mixed up, but she said that the lady offered to pay mine. I have no idea why she did it other than there are two drive thru lanes that merge together and i let her go ahead of me.
(12-04-2017, 03:13 PM)sally Wrote: My daughter talked me into waiting in line for 20 minutes at McDonald's and when I got up to the window to pay, the girl said the lady ahead of me paid for my meal. I thought she meant that our tickets got mixed up, but she said that the lady offered to pay mine. I have no idea why she did it other than there are two drive thru lanes that merge together and i let her go ahead of me.

It's a "thing". I read about it being done here all the time, usually at Starbucks. Pay it forward.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-20-2017, 10:40 PM)Carsman Wrote: Today when I was coming out of the supermarket, there was an "old" tired looking Santa ringing a bell for donations for the needy.

So I put a fin in his bucket, and he smiled then said "God Bless You.

I put a buck in the kettle every time I see one. It always makes them smile. I'm a little perplexed this year tho, all the bell ringers disappeared the day before Thanksgiving. Usually they're out there from Mid November until Dec 24th.

My good deed for today was not killing my dog when he brought one of his poosicles in from outside.
(12-04-2017, 03:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 03:13 PM)sally Wrote: My daughter talked me into waiting in line for 20 minutes at McDonald's and when I got up to the window to pay, the girl said the lady ahead of me paid for my meal. I thought she meant that our tickets got mixed up, but she said that the lady offered to pay mine. I have no idea why she did it other than there are two drive thru lanes that merge together and i let her go ahead of me.

It's a "thing". I read about it being done here all the time, usually at Starbucks. Pay it forward.

Not that I didn't appreciate it, but it's kind of a weird thing to do. When the girl told me she paid for my meal I was confused as to why she did it. Like I said, I thought she meant that they mixed up our tickets and she paid by accident.

Couldn't I pay it forward by donating money? Do I really have to pay for some assholes groceries behind me in line now?
(12-04-2017, 05:55 PM)sally Wrote: Do I really have to pay for some assholes groceries behind me in line now?

No, of course you don't HAVE to.

I've heard that some pay it forwards have gone on all day. It is weird but kinda cool too.
I don't know if it's one of those things where I will be cursed if I don't pay it forward in the same manner or if I can pay it forward in a different form. I'd rather donate the money or leave extra money for a waiter or something like that rather than pay for someone's stuff in line behind me and have them think I'm someone kind of nut job.

Don't overthink it. Kindness to others is all that really matters. Dramaqueen
Why don't I ever notices typos until the 15 minutes is up.

For the same reason I don't.

If it's any consolation, I read it as it was intended. I had to scroll back to see what you were talking about.
(12-04-2017, 06:19 PM)sally Wrote: I don't know if it's one of those things where I will be cursed if I don't pay it forward in the same manner or if I can pay it forward in a different form. I'd rather donate the money or leave extra money for a waiter or something like that rather than pay for someone's stuff in line behind me and have them think I'm someone kind of nut job.

If you’re still questioning whether or not to buy someone’s next Happy Meal or Mocha Latte, then yes, the curse will have kicked in.

It’ll strike you when you least expect it.
I think when a person gives, it should not feel like an obligation. If you want to give something to someone else, somewhere else that is fine. I think those sort of things are better from the heart than feeling obligated.
(12-04-2017, 06:57 PM)Love Child Wrote: I think when a person gives, it should not feel like an obligation. If you want to give something to someone else, somewhere else that is fine. I think those sort of things are better from the heart than feeling obligated.

I agree with you, but the Pay It Forward movement does put a little pressure on, doesn’t it?

I mean, Sal is on her way down to the nearest Waffle House right now, buying some guy his grits and eggs.

Way to go, Sal!!
I actually have to go to the store to get coffee beans. If the fucker in the express line behind me has more than ten items I'm not paying for it.
(12-04-2017, 06:57 PM)Love Child Wrote: I think when a person gives, it should not feel like an obligation. If you want to give something to someone else, somewhere else that is fine. I think those sort of things are better from the heart than feeling obligated.

I tried to tell the police association people that. They alway send me tickets to some stupid basketball game, then tell me I have to make a donation for the tickets. I hate the fuckin police association.