What's the last good deed you did?
I don't want to mess up MS's thread where good deeds were mentioned so I'll start a new thread. Post the last good deed you did and add your religious affiliation afterwards. Or say atheist, agnostic or I believe in nothing. Or anything else.

I helped an old lady at the grocery store find the Uncle Ben's rice. I know bigger and better deeds have been done, but this just happens to be the most recent.

Agnostic
I gladly obliged a shunning Christian today by taking a vow of silence in his daily bread thread.

That obligation included not expanding further on the common sense facts that whenever a good deed is committed, it can't just be assumed that the good-deeder MUST be a Christian, and that calling oneself a Christian doesn't mean much if one doesn't practice what he preaches.

It wasn't a sacrifice at all, but qualifies as a good deed for the comfort of one more fragile, I think.

Agnostic (with a splash of Deist)
Mailed letters for my elderly Dad that doesn't get out much.

Non practicing Catholic.

Actually, I like to think my whole job is good deeds. I work in the Titles Exceptions Unit, always doing a good deed by bending the rules and making an exception when I can.
I called into a local radio station and thanked the DJ for playing uplifting songs with no commercials, no Christmas songs and plenty of snappy dialog.

I'm a Catholic and grew up with the entire gumbazzo, today I'm a better person for it and feel sad for people that never really got the message and found peace.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Flashed High Beams at a guy today to signal him to pull out in front of me, while I held up a long line of cars behind me. (No one would let this guy "cut in" coming out of a side road. I did.)

Fallen Catholic
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I have been rather self-indulgent lately. However I did call someone I know is going through a tough time.

I am a person who seeks peace in being close to nature.
(11-19-2017, 05:59 PM)Love Child Wrote: I am a person who seeks peace in being close to nature.

Me too *high five*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
To toot my own horn (aka brine the turkey) I have saved a few peoples lives, one time I stopped a FOB kid from walking into a propeller.
But what was the last good deed you have done?
Voting for Trump.

Fuck
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
hah
Today when I was coming out of the supermarket, there was an "old" tired looking Santa ringing a bell for donations for the needy.

So I put a fin in his bucket, and he smiled then said "God Bless You.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Is that what the cool kids call it now?
(11-20-2017, 10:40 PM)Carsman Wrote: Today when I was coming out of the supermarket, there was an "old" tired looking Santa ringing a bell for donations for the needy.

So I put a fin in his bucket, and he smiled then said "God Bless You.

Was it MS dressed as Santa?
I walked past two SA kettles today, and they couldn't have been manned by more apathetic individuals.

I swear, nobody gives a shit about anything anymore.
Well next time try putting something in the kettle instead of walking past it and they might be more friendly.
(11-19-2017, 06:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 05:59 PM)Love Child Wrote: I am a person who seeks peace in being close to nature.

Me too *high five*

I was reminded of something I had forgotten. Cold morning air feels good on the naked parts of my body.
I re-discovered this while taking the dog out to walk this morning at 5 AM. That was my good deed of the day.
(11-21-2017, 09:19 AM)Love Child Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 06:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Me too *high five*

I was reminded of something I had forgotten. Cold morning air feels good on the naked parts of my body.
I re-discovered this while taking the dog out to walk this morning at 5 AM. That was my good deed of the day.

I discovered that sleeping naked in my bed that is next to an open window.
You want it cold enough for a blanket.