Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TAX REFORM

Heh. Forgot I posted that early in the morning. Crickets, huh. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
What are "liberal" values?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

You can't answer a question with a question, mister.
hah
Quite a few companies giving out bonuses this year. People getting to keep more of their money, that's Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
(12-21-2017, 03:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: Quite a few companies giving out bonuses this year. People getting to keep more of their money, that's Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

You consider a membership to the Jelly Of the Month club a bonus?
(12-21-2017, 06:21 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 03:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: Quite a few companies giving out bonuses this year. People getting to keep more of their money, that's Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

You consider a membership to the Jelly Of the Month club a bonus?
Better than a sharp stick in the eye? hah
Listen, this Dunkin Doughnuts card for 20.00 and this Mobil gas card for 25.00 will get me into Spring. I'm not sure where the win/lose line is drawn but I for one am not dropping these things into the Salvation Army kettle!

I meant to quote your giftcard post too. My hubs got the biggest bonus that he's had in 7 years. $250.00 in giftcards. Go Trump!
This has passed much like the hot air about it taking away money from the middle class. People will get to keep more money and the argument that was built on a house of sand will crumble. I will wait for the Armageddon to come. hah
(12-22-2017, 09:09 PM)Maggot Wrote: I will wait for the Armageddon to come. hah

...and I'll be sure to point it out to you.
Many people got really good bonuses this year me included. The real jumping for joy will be from the people that get refunds this year.  I predict many happy faces.
Thank you Mr. President for making America great again. 

Dancingparty Dancingparty Dancingparty Dancingparty Dancingparty Dancingparty

Quite a few people at work are happy with their refunds, I told them to Thank trump in the voting booth, they agreed.  Hibye It's about time some people did something.  17
If I save a significant amount on my taxes because of Trump should I disregard that and hate him anyway? And by significant I mean significant. Should my hard earned money that I worked for all my life not matter that much? Just a question for the Trump haters.
You're not alone in placing money before values.

I think it's wild that a lifetime of work is controlled by trump. That must suck.
...and somebody that I love has a healthy 401K because of trump, you don't think that keeps me from hatin' on him, do you. Pfft.
When you own a business that you worked hard for and finally become established and financially secure it's nice to have someone in there that doesn't want to stick it to you. So yeah, I do place my money over values.
Like I said, you're not alone.
We all have to think about our financial security, not only for ourselves, but for those we love & care about. It would be foolish not to.
As an S-Corp, the tax changes under Trump didn't much impact my business tax liabilities.

However, they really increased my personal tax liability (including pass through business income), due to the reduction in standard deductions pertaining to property taxes and such.  The same is true for many citizens on the coasts.  What really killed me in 2018 though was the federal and state capital gains taxes from the sell of my home.

Higher income taxes under Trump's plan didn't cause me to hate him however.  Likewise, it wouldn't have caused me to think more highly of Trump if I had stood to benefit financially from the tax changes.  

I'm glad sally and others benefited and don't begrudge that in any way.  But, I wish it wasn't other hard working people who were picking up some of the slack so that the most wealthy could recognize the lion's share of tax reductions, especially when the Trump administration increased government spending so much in tandem with reducing tax income considerably.  The resulting huge jump in our country's deficit/debt is really dangerous to our country's economic health in the mid to long term,  in my opinion.