Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Have you ever known anyone in a cult?
(04-21-2024, 03:01 PM)MirahM Wrote: I just realized thier name is Osteen and not Olsteen. All this time I've been saying it wrong. Glad you saw the light.

I remember pulling up to a church once and there was parking for the pastor, which-not too big of a deal-they should have a space. But the problem I had was when he mentioned it in his sermon naming it as a blessing, along with his big cadillac and any other riches he had. Jesus lived more humbly than that.
So strange how perverted everything is nowadays.

yeh that crap is rampant. I used to watch Kenneth Copeland in the 80s and Benny Hinn. I remember seeing Jim and Tammy on TV and thought they were brilliant. John Wesley Fletcher who was named in the Jim Bakker scandal as the other guy that slept with Jessica Hahn even prayed for me and thousands of others in a line up. He came to the church I was going to. The church in those days was the largest church in the Southern Hemisphere. When he came to the church it was a big deal. He came with a big team of intercessors, another speaker called Jan Paynter and his wife who gave an amazing testimony about her life. How sad for her that he did the dirty behind her back. I think he was involved in homosexual relationships too. He died of aids in the 90s. That's so sad.

I think the thing that gets me is that those that get sucked in or conned are genuinely seeking and looking for answers and in my case, I was looking for the truth. These people take an element of the truth and use it to their advantage. It doesn't shake my belief in God or my spirituality, but it does make me wiser and stronger in my critical thinking skills.

I remember in the 80s Kenneth Copeland was Uber rich in those days and boasting about it and telling others that all you have to do is give money to get it back. His wife was that same sort of super confident wealthy mouthy woman. I think that they actually KNOW what they are doing but there is no way they will give it up because it's a hustle. That's why they back Trump, he's a hustler.
Looking for truth in all the wrong places.

The only place you can find it is within.
(04-23-2024, 04:32 PM)rothschild Wrote: Looking for truth in all the wrong places.

The only place you can find it is within . . .

The Mock "We Don't Give a Fuck" thread!

Or "Random Thoughts" . . . there, too.
hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(Yesterday, 11:25 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 04:32 PM)rothschild Wrote: Looking for truth in all the wrong places.

The only place you can find it is within . . .

The Mock "We Don't Give a Fuck" thread!

Or "Random Thoughts" . . . there, too.

Aussie said she was looking for the truth, so I gave it to her.

You're welcome, Aussie.