Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Have you ever known anyone in a cult?
I have. Growing up there was this family that went to a church, but it was really a cult. It took a long time for them to recover from their experiences.
Just recently a roommate of mine said he was in a cult when he lived in AZ and I just looked it up, it is pretty freaky.
They even have a section dedicated to explaining how they are not a cult.

Some people are just plain jealous of the accomplishments that our organization and community have achieved. Some demonize us simply because they do not agree with our beliefs on spiritual reality.

Some ex-community members, who chose to not live up to these standards, like to use the word “cult” to identify those in "our group" who do choose to live by certain ethics and values.

No, I don't think I have. Something may come to me but it seems like I would remember something like that.

Sometimes I feel sorry for those who are so easily led.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-28-2017, 04:11 AM)Love Child Wrote: I have. Growing up there was this family that went to a church, but it was really a cult. It took a long time for them to recover from their experiences.
Just recently a roommate of mine said he was in a cult when he lived in AZ and I just looked it up, it is pretty freaky.
They even have a section dedicated to explaining how they are not a cult.

Some people are just plain jealous of the accomplishments that our organization and community have achieved. Some demonize us simply because they do not agree with our beliefs on spiritual reality.

Some ex-community members, who chose to not live up to these standards, like to use the word “cult” to identify those in "our group" who do choose to live by certain ethics and values.
We have tons of cults here in Az (baptist, catholic, jewish, hindu, muslim etc...). As well as hippie communes. Sounds like "your group" would fit right in here considering you have "ex-community members" who slander your "group." I don't think anyone ever would identify themselves as belonging to a cult, until they leave said cult. Maybe I'm not the best person to ask since my "faith" lies firmly in the scientific arena. Reproducible results make me a "believer."
There are a lot of cults in AZ! What is up with that? Of course I have never entered a search for "Cults in WA state either. We had the famous JZ Night of Ramtha here.

Also, I made a mistake. My house mate was not in the cult, they worked at their restaurant and it closed down. And they realized that the owners were cult members.

It was the Global Community Communications Alliance cult.
Watching Scientology and the Aftermath on Netflix.
Does Lizzie count?
Cults, wow. The catholic church is full of predators, the Mormon church is full of really good people but there is no way it is from a supposed god.
I know a couple of women who belong to this shady group called the Democratic Party. Their names are Duchess and Mirah.
I guess I am in a cult because I refused to vote for Donald.
(12-15-2021, 05:00 PM)rothschild Wrote: I know a couple of women who belong to this shady group called the Democratic Party. Their names are Duchess and Mirah.

And Clang(part time woman).
(12-15-2021, 09:12 PM)MirahM Wrote: I guess I am in a cult because I refused to vote for Donald.

Derp! Slow Joe bad! (Pitch) Fork Joe Biden! hah
(12-15-2021, 09:12 PM)MirahM Wrote: I guess I am in a cult because I refused to vote for Donald.

Both parties are cults that do nothing but blame and demonize each other, while the people who finance them laugh they asses off as they rape, pillage and plunder to their heart's content.
My childhood friend became a Jehovah witness nutbag. It's not technically a cult, but they have all the characteristics.
(12-15-2021, 11:18 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Both parties are cults that do nothing but blame and demonize each other, while the people who finance them laugh they asses off as they rape, pillage and plunder to their heart's content.

Stop with the both sides bullshit, or take it someplace else and use it on people who are stupid enough to buy it, dummy.
(12-16-2021, 05:23 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 11:18 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Stop with the both sides bullshit, or take it someplace else and use it on people who are stupid enough to buy it, dummy.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.memecdn.com%2Fsour-...f=1&nofb=1]
I'm so tired of cults.

Thats all I'm going to say about that.

[Image: oFKm9Xl.jpeg]
hah I love that!
I kind of feel like I was in a cult of right wing extreme pentecostal belief. My heart was genuine in wanting to connect with God, but it was exploited by this large megachurch I went to. It was the largest in the Southern Hemisphere and the head pastor ended up leaving because he got caught having an affair with the Church receptionists twin sister, whom he married. Big scandal.

I was involved in the church before the big Swaggart and Bakker scandals.

One of the preachers John Wesley Fletcher was involved with Bakker and slept with Jessica Hahn. He and his wife came to our church. He prayed over me once along with many others. He died of AIDS.