Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
Update:

I really hope there was no illegal campaign action and/or illegal obstruction of justice carried out by Trump and his inner circle.

The independent investigation is still underway and I want to see what evidence is uncovered before assuming guilt or insisting on innocence.

But, man................I don't think it's possible to act more guilty of at least obstruction of justice than Trump and company.

These are just some of the recent deflection and diversion efforts undertaken by Trump, his administration, and/or GOP members since the last time line posting upthread:

-Demean and request the firing of the Attorney General (who Trump selected and was Trump's first credible political endorser) for doing the right thing and recusing himself,

-Launch a smear campaign against the new FBI Director (who Trump himself selected for the job after he fired Comey),

-Accuse the FBI of not being able to do their jobs due to bias, degrading the national law enforcement community in the process (even though Trump claims to be a 'law and order' candidate),

-Parrot the White House propaganda network's (FOX's) screams for McCarthy-like firings and jailings of law enforcement officers without one shred of evidence of illegality,

- Push for the public release of a GOP-written memo in attempt to delegitimize the American justice department, national intelligence agencies, and the independent investigation,

- Repeat over and over in public, even when not asked about the investigation, "there was no collusion, okay, no collusion!"
The Fresno Bee endorsed Devin Nunes (Republican, pictured below) in the 2016 congressional elections.

[Image: nunes-cnn-701x420.jpg]

However, given his role in creating and pushing for 'the memo' referenced above to be publicly released + his blatant presidential ass-licking, Nunes is now being labeled 'Trump's Stooge' by the paper. http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/editori...33904.html

I totally agree with the paper's editorial board and hope Nunes is the next high-profile GOPer to exit stage right. Wave your wand Duchess! Smiley_emoticons_smile
(02-02-2018, 06:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Wave your wand Duchess! Smiley_emoticons_smile

On it!

[Image: image.gif]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
^ I like that image -- it's witchy. But, I don't think your wand is going to be necessary after all.

I just read the GOP memo that Nunes pushed and Trump approved for public release. It is not a 'bombshell!', as promised.

That memo ( https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/politics/...index.html ) doesn't prove or even credibly suggest that anything was done wrong by the FBI and intelligence agencies. It's a big fat 'so what?!' spin piece.

Carter Page had already been a concern to US Intelligence Agencies due to his statements and connections in Russia. And, the FISA warrants referenced in the memo were issued after the Trump campaign had already distanced themselves from him and Page no longer had a role in the campaign. The probable causes in the FISA warrant requests were approved by a judge. Sounds to me like the FBI, intelligence agencies, and judiciary are all guilty......................of doing their jobs.

It doesn't matter or show bias if the surveillance warrants for Page were granted, even in large part as the memo asserts but doesn't validate, due to the Steele Dossier. That Dossier was funded partially by a conservative Republican publication and partly by a Democratic candidate organization --the former funding source being conveniently left out of the memo.

And, the FISA issues mentioned in the memo also relate to George Papadopoulos, who was in fact indicted and pleaded guilty to lying about his Russian activities during his time as a Trump campaign staff member. That, to me, reinforces the credibility of the FISA warrants and the investigation.

Anyway, I think 'The Memo" is a huge fail for Nunes and all the GOP mouthpieces who oversold the propaganda piece. Nunes just wrote his own political obituary with California voters -- at least, I hope so. He is a stooge.
(02-02-2018, 08:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anyway, I think 'The Memo" is a huge fail for Nunes and all the GOP mouthpieces who oversold the propaganda piece.

They look so foolish. I saw a clip of several GOP on the House floor talking about the memo before its release. Ahhh, teh drama. Clutching their pearls & expressing great shock & outrage that the FBI would dare...do their job. 78

Still winning. Blowing-kisses
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-02-2018, 09:56 PM)Maggot Wrote: Still winning. Blowing-kisses

Derp, still.
Perp.

Derp, again and still.

That's what you call winning? 28
(02-02-2018, 08:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 08:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anyway, I think 'The Memo" is a huge fail for Nunes and all the GOP mouthpieces who oversold the propaganda piece.

They look so foolish. I saw a clip of several GOP on the House floor talking about the memo before its release. Ahhh, teh drama. Clutching their pearls & expressing great shock & outrage that the FBI would dare...do their job. 78

So, as I understand the scandal:

The HellBitch and her DNC cronies fund the creation of a fake dossier during the presidential campaign and leak it as news.

Meanwhile, her FBI cronies use it to obtain surveillance warrants against various Trump campaign associates from the FISA Court, and hide from the court the DNC's involvement with the hack who created and leaked the fake dossier.

After the election, progressives and the FBI insiders form a conspiracy to overturn the election through massive fueling of media blitz charging Russian collusion by the Trump campaign. In fact, it was Democrats and the HellBitch that were behind the fake accusations that were used to force appointment of a special counsel to investigate what they KNEW was bull shit. The goal was to remove Trump because they know better than the American people.

If the American people cannot finally recognize progressive influence as a force of sedition and (treason) by political coup d'etat in order to GRAB POWER, even with reckless disregard for the rule of law and national security, then they don't deserve to remain free. I've said for years that the ENEMY was rooted WITHIN Washington and in both parties. If THIS doesn't open eyes and settle the matter, nothing will.

"Draining the swamp" means cutting the heads off ALL the snakes by removing the profit, or the next round of progressive plots will bring civil war or worse.
Yeah, your understanding is incomplete, selective and bent to fit to your conspiracy theory and hatred of Clinton.

That's fine, but we're not speaking the same language or of the same mindset Pappy.

The opinion I expressed is based on known facts and actions taken to date.

Yeah! What she said!

hah

Laughing does not negate my sincerity.
(02-03-2018, 07:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yeah, your understanding is incomplete, selective and bent to fit to your conspiracy theory and hatred of Clinton.

That's fine, but we're not speaking the same language or of the same mindset Pappy.

The opinion I expressed is based on known facts and actions taken to date.

My understanding is based on many years of experience working for politicians on, and off, the Hill. What I say is true, and I have warned against both sides of the aisle. The middle class is just starting to wake up, which is what the founders wanted. For too long the people have abdicated their responsibility in our form of government.

You are a prime example; when was the last time you read abook written by a conservative? I read both sides all the time.

Try:

"The Big Lie" by Dinesh D'Souza

The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You've Always Believed about Thomas Jefferson by David Barton

Dinesh D'Souza Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
Sorry Pappy, you're wrong about me and what I read. And, I don't abdicate my personal responsibilities to anyone. I've posted about those kinds of things many times over the years here at Mock. But, this isn't about me.

This is about the Russian Interference investigation. I'm sharing my opinion and giving examples of how Trump and company are saying and doing things that make them look guilty of trying to cover something up (though I'm not assuming they're guilty of anything).

I'm also sharing my strong opinion that Devin Nunes is a stooge. He's proven that, to me. I hope Nunes has sunk his own ship by creating, hyping and pushing for the release of a misleading and disingenuous propaganda memo.

That memo centers on Carter Page FISA documents. Nunes just admitted on FOX News today that he never even read the FISA affidavits. Instead, he said, soon-to-be-retired Trey Gowdy read the affidavits and helped Nunes draft 'The Memo'.

Anyway, if you haven't read the much-hyped memo, you should do so (objectively). The Memo actually acknowledges in its content that skittish Carter Page was under a FISA warrant years before his association with the Trump campaign. There was probable cause to extend the FISA on him 3 times, one of those times was a couple of months after he was disassociated from the Trump campaign. Not exactly a smoking gun or even relevant to the legitimacy of the investigation.

More importantly and relevant..........that GOP-driven and Trump-blessed memo acknowledges, at the very end, that the independent investigation was not initiated based on suspicion of Carter Page being a Russian asset, nor was it initiated in full or part because of the Steele Dossier. It was, in fact, initiated because Trump campaign advisor George Papadouplos was drunkenly bragging to Australian officials about his communications with Russian operatives in regards to dirt on Clinton. Australian allies reported it to the their U.S. Intelligence counterparts. Papadouplos lied to investigators when asked about those communications and has since pleaded guilty.
(02-03-2018, 08:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:

You really should consider taking your head out of your ass; your ignorance is quite unbecoming.

You do however prove the age old adage: if it weren't for sex there would be a bounty on women.
(02-03-2018, 08:55 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sorry Pappy, you're wrong about me and what I read. And, I don't abdicate my personal responsibilities to anyone. I've posted about those kinds of things many times over the years here at Mock. But, this isn't about me.

This is about the Russian Interference investigation. I'm sharing my opinion and giving examples of how Trump and company are saying and doing things that make them look guilty of trying to cover something up (though I'm not assuming they're guilty of anything).

I'm also sharing my strong opinion that Devin Nunes is a stooge. He's proven that,, to me. I hope Nunes has sunk his own ship by creating, hyping and pushing for the release of a propaganda memo which is based on Carter Page FISA documents, which in no way relate to the legitimacy of the Russian Interference Investigation. And, Nunes just admitted on FOX News today that he never even read the FISA affidavits around which The Memo is centered. Instead, he said, soon-to-be-retired Trey Gowdy read the affidavits and helped Nunes draft 'The Memo'.

Anyway, if you haven't read the much-hyped memo, you should do so (objectively). The Memo actually acknowledges in its content that skittish Carter Page was under a FISA warrant years before his association with the Trump campaign. There was probable cause to extend the FISA on him 3 times, one of those times was a couple of months after he was disassociate from the Trump campaign.

More importantly and relevant..........that GOP-driven and Trump-blessed memo acknowledges, at the very end, that the independent investigation was not initiated based on suspicion of Carter Page being a Russian asset, nor was it initiated in full or part because of the Steele Dossier. It was, in fact, initiated because Trump campaign advisor George Papadouplos was drunkenly bragging to Australian officials about his communications with Russian operatives in regards to dirt on Clinton. Australian allies reported it to the their U.S. Intelligence counterparts. Papadouplos lied to investigators when asked about those communications and has since pleaded guilty.

Ditto to you as well.

I've actually read some of D'Souza's stuff. It's much like Wolff's stuff, in my opinion.

Some facts, lots and lots of supposition without validation, and strongly catered to appeal to extremely partisan-biased readers.

It can be fascinating reading, but one would be foolish to regard it as serious journalism or an accurate historical account.
(02-03-2018, 08:58 PM)pyropappy Wrote:

You really should consider taking your head out of your ass; your ignorance is quite unbecoming.

You do however prove the age old adage: if it weren't for sex there would be a bounty on women.

You always resort to ad hominem attacks and misogynist bullshit when you aren't willing to have a serious exchange with informed women who don't share your perspectives and opinions.

I always hope that your standard "head up your ass / stupid woman" idiocy is just trolling Pappy. But, if you're serious, it's even funnier (in a truly pitiful way).