Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
BUFFET DINING

Do you like it?

I used to go to a restaurant here that had a seafood buffet every Friday. For about $20 you could pig out on fresh seafood until you went into a food coma.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I like brunch buffets on special occasions.

But, mostly I prefer to order a meal and not be tempted to eat way more than I want or need just to feel like I got the most for my money.

When it comes to bottomless cocktail specials and buffets, on the other hand, I'm all over that shit (when I have the opportunity to indulge, which I really hope happens again sometime soon).
I hate that restaurants slap more on a plate than a normal person can eat. There is one here called "The Puritan" that piles it high and they charge accordingly. Everyone walks away with a doggy bag. Now at a buffet a person can eat what they want and doesn't have to over indulge, a little of this, some of that goes a long way and variety is good. I can eat a plate and be done. And that's a small plate. I eat slow and the empty feeling goes away. Besides a good drink is almost like a meal today.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-30-2017, 07:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you like it?

I used to go to a restaurant here that had a seafood buffet every Friday. For about $20 you could pig out on fresh seafood until you went into a food coma.

Yeah, I love it. I went to a Chinese buffet with my brother and his wife on Friday.

I don't love that I fill up faster and can't eat as much as I did 20 years ago.
I think there is a time and place for buffet dining.
(12-31-2017, 03:44 PM)Love Child Wrote: I think there is a time and place for buffet dining.

Indeed. I'd be in worse shape if I did buffets every day. I don't plan on going to another one until Thanksgiving.
They can be fun to do with a group of people.
I like a good buffet now and then. Getting older though it seems I can't get my $ worth
I like brunch and seafood buffets. I like a good salad buffet too. I usually try everything on the buffet, but I only take one or two bites of each thing so I don't feel like stuffed pig afterwards. If I finished everything I put on my plate I'd puke.
(12-31-2017, 05:59 PM)Love Child Wrote: They can be fun to do with a group of people.

That's the only way to do them when your fat like me. Makes the restaurant staff less nervous.hah
(12-31-2017, 06:01 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I like a good buffet now and then. Getting older though it seems I can't get my $ worth
(12-31-2017, 07:51 PM)sally Wrote: I like a good salad buffet too.

NomNomNom me too! I'm salivating thinking of one right now. I'm famished, I'm hungry enough to gnaw on your arm. Someone is making stuffed mushrooms in the kitchen and the smell is wafting back to me.
(01-01-2018, 02:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 07:51 PM)sally Wrote: I like a good salad buffet too.

NomNomNom me too! I'm salivating thinking of one right now. I'm famished, I'm hungry enough to gnaw on your arm. Someone is making stuffed mushrooms in the kitchen and the smell is wafting back to me.

I always start off with a plate of salad when I go to a buffet. Makes me feel less guilty for overeating.

One should have roughage everyday. Dramaqueen
(01-01-2018, 02:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I have it rough at my age every day this winter. The baseboard heater is on full blast, yet I feel little to no heat coming from it. And all the landlord can suggest is buying space heaters, which I should have done in Walmart today instead of buying die cast metal figurines.
(01-01-2018, 02:14 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

I have it rough at my age every day this winter. The baseboard heater is on full blast, yet I feel little to no heat coming from it. And all the landlord can suggest is buying space heaters, which I should have done in Walmart today instead of buying die cast metal figurines.
What figurines?

At my age I am looking for smoothage
Constipation?

Drink lots of beer and black coffee and eat very little. That's what I do and it comes out like water. Been doing it for years and I've never had a bowel problem.
Like water from a bums ass.
Why do you think they live so long? Well unless some dickhead comes along and kills them.