Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
KOLOGI FAMILY, NEW YEAR'S EVE FAMILY MASSACRE
A 16-year-old New Jersey boy armed with a semi-automatic rifle shot and killed his parents, sister and a family friend inside the home where they lived.

Monmouth County Prosecutor Chris Gramiccioni said today that the teen will be charged with four counts of murder and a weapons offense stemming from the shooting that occurred late Sunday night, less than 20 minutes before midnight on New Year's Eve in the shore town of Long Branch.

A possible motive for the shooting has not been disclosed. The rifle used in the shooting was legally registered to a resident of the house, Gramiccioni said.

[Image: 47AF7CA700000578-5226757-image-a-220_1514833713519.jpg]
The boy, who hasn't yet been named by police, is accused of shooting his parents Steven and Linda (far right) and his sister Brittany (pictured on the left). Mary Schultz, 70, lived in the home with the family and was also shot dead.

The boy's brother Steven Jr. (second from left) and his grandfather were uninjured in the shooting.

I assume the killer is the boy pictured in the middle, but that's not been confirmed.
Gramiccioni says police responded to a 911 call of shots fired at the home just after 11:30 p.m. Sunday. He described the shooting as an isolated domestic incident and said the teen was taken into custody without issue.

Gramiccioni says charges are expected to be filed later today. I wonder if he'll be charged as an adult and whether he has a history of mental health issues and/or violence.

The teen is expected to make an initial court appearance on Tuesday.

Refs:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/01/pol...ident.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...amily.html
It's now been confirmed that the boy encircled in the photo below is the teen who killed his family.

[Image: 47B0981700000578-0-image-m-5_1514864187651.jpg]

--Scott Kologi, 16, killed his relatives at their Long Branch home on Sunday night.
--His parents Steven Kologi, 44, and Linda Kologi, 42, sister Brittany, 18, and family friend Mary Schulz, 70, died at the scene.
--The teen will be charged with four counts of murder and a weapons offense.

Neighbors confirmed to NJ.com that the boy was autistic and required special assistance. He was cared for by his mom and did not attend regular public school like his two siblings.

Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said the rifle used in the shooting was legally registered to a resident of the house (it is believed to have belonged to his father, who was a veteran). The gun, described as a Century Arms semi-automatic rifle, was found inside the house.

A motive for the shooting is not yet known.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z53347AS2Q
How much do you want to bet he played violent video games?
His brother and grandfather also were at the house at the time of the attack but escaped unharmed. I understand the 70 year old who was killed was his Grandfather's girlfriend
(01-02-2018, 02:17 PM)BigMark Wrote: How much do you want to bet he played violent video games?
My drummer sets up high end AV for a living. Recently, he was dialing in some equipment for a customer and asked which channels they wanted to be downloaded to receive. The customer stated that she didn't want any of the premium channels on the system because they have children in the house. He noticed that the entertainment center had Call of Duty, GTA, Halo and several other violent video games, so I guess the message is, you can blow people's heads off in a video game but seeing a pair of boobs is completely unacceptable.
Jeesus, that kid looks like a sociopath. So this one is on dad for not securing his weapons with a tard in the house.
Nice going dad
(01-02-2018, 03:05 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: so I guess the message is, you can blow people's heads off in a video game but seeing a pair of boobs is completely unacceptable.

We've had that conversation in here before and it seems to be true across America. Other countries don't seem to have the kind of hangups that Americans do when it comes to nudity. Remember how America lost its mind when Janet Jackson's breast was bared?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-02-2018, 03:51 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Jeesus, that kid looks like a sociopath.

I think he looks creepy too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-02-2018, 03:51 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Jeesus, that kid looks like a sociopath. So this one is on dad for not securing his weapons with a tard in the house.
Nice going dad

To quote Red from Shawshank Redemption:

“I’d like to think that the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was, ‘How in the hell did I leave my rifle unsecured with my whack job son around.’”

Joking aside, it’s an absolute travesty that 3 other people had to pay with their lives for Dad’s carelessness.
(01-02-2018, 05:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 03:05 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: so I guess the message is, you can blow people's heads off in a video game but seeing a pair of boobs is completely unacceptable.

We've had that conversation in here before and it seems to be true across America. Other countries don't seem to have the kind of hangups that Americans do when it comes to nudity. Remember how America lost its mind when Janet Jackson's breast was bared?
Yeah, I remember missing it because I was on a beer run at halftime. Signs_173
(01-02-2018, 05:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 03:51 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Jeesus, that kid looks like a sociopath.

Could be the Autism...
(01-02-2018, 05:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:

People who know the teen and the family have told reporters they're shocked. Though the teen is autistic, they say he knew right from wrong and was a good kid with a loving family. There are pictures of the teen smiling and looking well-adjusted too.

I'm interested in hearing what he's told investigators regarding motive and how he got a hold of the rifle. But, since he's currently charged as a juvenile, we may not hear as much as we do with adult cases.

The older brother and grandfather who were in the house and escaped unharmed should be helpful in the investigation.

Prosecutors appear convinced the autistic teen did the shooting, based on the quick filing of murder charges against him. I imagine they'll also consider whether somebody else might have put him up to it; covering all the bases.

There's no evidence that autism itself leads to violent acts, but I can see it being used as a defense in this case.
Shortly after the massacre, the older brother who escaped unharmed posted on social media about how pretty and smart his murdered sister Brittany was.

Steven Kologi Jr. also urged others “to give the ones you love an extra kiss or I love you” and said he'd had the greatest parents he could ask for.

“Never once was I without a hot meal or a roof over my head,” he wrote in a statement that was reposted by a Facebook user. “They made sure Christmas came every year although they struggled financially. I cannot even describe the type of people they were so just believe me when I say how great they were.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/01/bro...ister.html
I don't think that Autism "Causes" the violence, but Autism seems to remove the normal filters most folks have.
There is also a pervasive thing here in the US that removes holding off responsibility for actions by damaged individuals as well as not considering damaged individuals as possibly dangerous.
And it seems a lot of gun owners are irresponsible assholes
(01-02-2018, 03:51 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Jeesus, that kid looks like a sociopath. So this one is on dad for not securing his weapons with a tard in the house.
Nice going dad

I wonder if we will find out just how "secure" that gun was. I am curious. One of the autistic kids I know will get into so many things and figure out how to unlock stuff, take stuff apart, make things run, whatever.
I think the father should not have had the gun in the house at all under these circumstances.
But if his kid didn't have a history of doing something like this-maybe he had no reason to worry.
Also-what are the chances that the gun was also already loaded?
[Image: 636504159860079446-IMG-0488.jpg]

The judge just issued a gag order in the case because it's currently being handled in family/juvenile court.

So, we won't learn much more until Scott Kologi ^ pleads guilty or goes to trial, unless the judge lifts the gag order or his case gets kicked up to adult court.

Ref: http://www.app.com/story/news/local/cour...000888001/