Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DYING OF THIRST

Some activists have been leaving jugs of water in the desert for those whose are trying to get into the United States from the southwestern border. That water may save lives.

Is it good or bad for them to leave the water?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Should we have landmines and guard towers with shoot to kill orders?
(01-24-2018, 08:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Some activists have been leaving jugs of water in the desert for those whose are trying to get into the United States from the southwestern border. That water may save lives.

They should move to Mexico and really make a difference, Maybe start a school and have regular sit down meals.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-24-2018, 08:21 PM)Duchess Wrote: Some activists have been leaving jugs of water in the desert for those whose are trying to get into the United States from the southwestern border. That water may save lives.

It's a bad idea, in my opinion.

I think those activists' time, money and effort would be better spent on: (a) supporting or becoming political candidates who are dedicated to creating fair and reasonable solutions for non-criminal undocumented immigrants who are already here and already contributing to American society, and (b)demonstrating/advocating for Congress to enact rational and fair immigration reform legislation, which is many many years overdue.

I don't think pro-immigration activists should be doing anything to encourage illegal entry into the U.S., as much as I feel for some of the immigrants who are truly desperate to get in.

This is happening in my back yard and it's a horrible idea. The people that bring these illegals across the border are scum of the earth. The water just aides them in getting their little mules from point A to point B with their load of drugs in tow. Then, once they've reached a safe house and the drugs are here, they cash in on the families of their little mules and extort as much as they can while the mules suffer in horrible living conditions.
I think you are confusing mules and coyotes.
(01-25-2018, 10:47 AM)BigMark Wrote: I think you are confusing mules and coyotes.
I think you are mistaken. The coyotes love their little mules.
(01-24-2018, 10:09 PM)BigMark Wrote: Should we have landmines and guard towers with shoot to kill orders?

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(01-25-2018, 09:30 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

This is happening in my back yard and it's a horrible idea. The people that bring these illegals across the border are scum of the earth. The water just aides them in getting their little mules from point A to point B with their load of drugs in tow. Then, once they've reached a safe house and the drugs are here, they cash in on the families of their little mules and extort as much as they can while the mules suffer in horrible living conditions.

Blindgreed, i agree. I feel the same way you do. Although, i hate to feel this way but i trust... NOONE!
Its a stupid and misguided idea. It encourages more illegal immigration, endangers more lives, undermines the idea of law and order and probably a bunch of other undesirable things.
I'll probably never be a proponent of breaking the law
(01-25-2018, 10:56 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 10:47 AM)BigMark Wrote: I think you are confusing mules and coyotes.

Now you are confusing donkeys with jackasses.
(01-25-2018, 02:50 PM)BigMark Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 10:56 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Now you are confusing donkeys with jackasses.
No... I'm not confused at all. I think you must be. I'm very well aware of what happens 80 miles to the South. The sanctuary movement started putting 100 gallon water tanks out in the desert some time ago. The result was a rapid rise in bodies found out in the desert. Then in 2010, Robert Krentz was murdered. Krentz was a rancher who's family has been ranching here since the 1900's. Krentz was known to invite illegals into his home for food and water and would basically give the shirt off his back for someone in need. And btw... donkey = mule, a jackass is the product of a male mule (or a "Jack") and a horse. Jackasses are much bigger than mules BigMark.
Eeeeeee awww.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/01...tification
I wonder if it's Dick...

He had a thing about water in the desert
(01-25-2018, 06:33 PM)BigMark Wrote: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/01...tification

I thought it was 700,000..............that's like twice plus. I wonder where THAT number came from? That's a bit stupid to lay those cards out. Hopefully it covers other concessions.
(01-25-2018, 06:36 PM)crash Wrote: I wonder if it's Dick...

He had a thing about water in the desert

That's because he hated whiskey straight. Sarcastic
(01-25-2018, 08:31 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 06:33 PM)BigMark Wrote: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/01...tification

I thought it was 700,000..............that's like twice plus. I wonder where THAT number came from? That's a bit stupid to lay those cards out. Hopefully it covers other concessions.

Trump's latest position, put forth today, is that if he gets $25billion (up from $20billion) for The Wall, he'll support legalization and a path to citizenship for ALL eligible children who were brought/raised here by undocumented immigrants (Dreamers), not just those in DACA status.

Those in DACA status (around 700k) are the ones who've already come forward, applied, and been approved for deferred action/deportation.
He does not get 25 Billion, that goes to a "trust" that can be revoked by any future Congress easily. Funding is still not there as usual.I believe things will change and chain migration and the lottery system will get dumped. But that's just my opinion.
Of course, Trump isn't asking for a check made payable to Donald J. Trump. That goes without saying.

But, it is the President himself (as opposed to the Congress / Congressional Budget Committee) who is asking for $25billion for The Wall in exchange for a path to citizenship for DACA-holders and all other eligible Dreamers.