FLU SHOTS
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: FLU SHOTS

Yeah, and there's mentions like that daily right now.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
01-29-2018 05:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

Been reading, a lot of kids are diving as well as old people. They are the typical victims of H3N2. Some got the shot and some didn't. The shot they got was for H1N1, both are Influenza A, but different strains. There is apparently no cross over benefit to the vaccine from one to the other. The folks at the CDC and the makers of the vaccine are shooting at a moving target. They have to do predictions of which virus is going to express months ahead of the actual outbreak in order to get a vaccine made and distributed

01-29-2018 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4929427]

01-29-2018 11:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-27-2018 11:11 AM)Maggot Wrote:  I got a flu shot for the first time this year and it gave me a little cold, after that I've been fine.
Sounds like you had a mild reaction, but the flu shot doesn't make anyone sick.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/misconceptions.htm

I get one every year because they're free and I figure even if it isn't the right flu, at least it's a little protection from catching a second flu.

01-29-2018 11:58 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

My Grandmother used to tell me we have fewer germs because the ground freezes and kills a lot of them in the winter.

01-29-2018 12:01 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-29-2018 12:01 PM)Maggot Wrote:  My Grandmother used to tell me we have fewer germs because the ground freezes and kills a lot of them in the winter.
Most viruses can't live outside of their host for more than 15 minutes, the longest a virus has ever lived outside of it's host is 24 hours. It's also a fact that they don't do well in the cold so Granny knows whats up.

01-29-2018 12:30 PM

sally Away
sally

Well if the virus doesn't survive well in the cold then why is it most prevalent during fall and winter?

01-29-2018 01:05 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(01-29-2018 12:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  Most viruses can't live outside of their host for more than 15 minutes, the longest a virus has ever lived outside of it's host is 24 hours.

Hi there Love3

Please note I gave flowers first.

I feel argumentative about the shelf life you gave for viruses. I say that even knowing a bit about what you do. hah

I think germs last longer than 24 hrs., particularly that dreadful norovirus.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
01-29-2018 01:35 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

Because everyone is inside infecting each other.(and other things too)

01-29-2018 02:09 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-29-2018 01:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 12:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  Most viruses can't live outside of their host for more than 15 minutes, the longest a virus has ever lived outside of it's host is 24 hours.

Hi there Love3

Please note I gave flowers first.

I feel argumentative about the shelf life you gave for viruses. I say that even knowing a bit about what you do. hah

I think germs last longer than 24 hrs., particularly that dreadful norovirus.
That would be the exception. That shit is like a nuclear virus. I'm talking about your average run of the mill flu and cold viruses. Some believe Noro can live for years in standing water although it hasn't been proven.

01-29-2018 02:49 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-29-2018 01:05 PM)sally Wrote:  Well if the virus doesn't survive well in the cold then why is it most prevalent during fall and winter?
Because when it gets cold people stay inside with each other

01-29-2018 02:52 PM

sally Away
sally

I don't understand that theory because people stay indoors with each other all year. For example in a school setting children spend the same amount of time in the classroom together during winter as they do summer. Minus maybe 30 minutes to an hour for recess inside of a gymnasium instead of outside if it's too cold.But that goes for rainy weather in the spring and summer too. And people who work inside are still going to do their shift inside whether it's cold or hot.

Also in the south it doesn't get that cold and people are still out and about.

01-29-2018 03:42 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-29-2018 03:42 PM)sally Wrote:  I don't understand that theory because people stay indoors with each other all year. For example in a school setting children spend the same amount of time in the classroom together during winter as they do summer. Minus maybe 30 minutes to an hour for recess inside of a gymnasium instead of outside if it's too cold.But that goes for rainy weather in the spring and summer too. And people who work inside are still going to do their shift inside whether it's cold or hot.

Also in the south it doesn't get that cold and people are still out and about.
Children are little sacks of virus for that very reason. If you've ever heard someone say they've never been sick a day in their life they are more than likely single with no kids. hah And southerners like you and I who enjoy very mild winters have the added bonus of snow birds who arrive yearly with their own illness. The gift that keeps on giving.

01-29-2018 03:51 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

Also, children are notorious for spreading their diseases because they don't wash their hands and make poor decisions and/or have bad habits regarding their bodily excretions of the mucus membranes.

I kept that as vanilla as I could for you Duchess

01-29-2018 04:27 PM