FLU SHOTS
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: FLU SHOTS

It's okay, I know poop & snot happens.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
01-29-2018 04:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Many germs, bugs, crawly things die in cold temps. They have learned how to survive by laying eggs in the fall and dying. The cold doesn't kill all the bugs and germs but it does get rid of quite a few. The ground around here freezes 6-12 inches down, its not like Florida that has a temperate climate all year. I would think a humid climate is good for germs.

01-29-2018 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-29-2018 05:15 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Many germs, bugs, crawly things die in cold temps. They have learned how to survive by laying eggs in the fall and dying. The cold doesn't kill all the bugs and germs but it does get rid of quite a few. The ground around here freezes 6-12 inches down, its not like Florida that has a temperate climate all year. I would think a humid climate is good for germs.
"Germs" is such an all inclusive term. Bacteria don't do well in the cold. That's why operating rooms are always cold.

01-29-2018 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

Also Sally, another reason cold weather is associated with cold and flu season is because people start up their heaters which generally dries out the sinus making it more susceptible to infection.

01-29-2018 05:43 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

Operating rooms are cold becuase it's the only place men have control of the temperature.

01-29-2018 06:54 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(01-29-2018 06:54 PM)BigMark Wrote:  Operating rooms are cold becuase it's the only place men have control of the temperature.

Why would a man in an operating room be the one to control the temp, mister? Hmmm?

01-29-2018 07:08 PM

sally Away
sally

(01-29-2018 05:43 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  Also Sally, another reason cold weather is associated with cold and flu season is because people start up their heaters which generally dries out the sinus making it more susceptible to infection.

That makes sense to me, also in winter the air tends to be less humid anyway. Your lips get chapped, your nose dries up and your airway becomes cold while outside.

I still don't buy the theory about people being indoors more during winter is what spreads it. I guess if I get really bored I could go research it.

01-29-2018 07:09 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Wash your hands! Wash your hands! Wash your hands! I'm a complete nutjob about it.

01-29-2018 07:25 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

Because the nurses better listen or else a obedient Filipina will take her place.

01-29-2018 07:46 PM

Love Child Offline
Mocker

I am sick right now! But I think it was just a cold and not the flu. I did have body aches for 1 night and fever for a day and a half. : (
I did not get the flu shot this year, sounds like it wouldn't have mattered anyway, but normally I would get the flu shot. I got the flu 5 years back and it wasn't pleasant.
Last year I was sick from the end of December until March with a few healthy weeks here and there, it was terrible. I think change in diet and medical staff at the site contributed to it. The previous medical staff wouldn't let people come out of their room and brought them food when they were sick. The new medical staff didn't follow those protocols and everyone was sick most of the winter-it sucked.

01-29-2018 08:14 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

I was burning up and still cold, not a good combo.

01-30-2018 12:43 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-29-2018 07:09 PM)sally Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 05:43 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  Also Sally, another reason cold weather is associated with cold and flu season is because people start up their heaters which generally dries out the sinus making it more susceptible to infection.

That makes sense to me, also in winter the air tends to be less humid anyway. Your lips get chapped, your nose dries up and your airway becomes cold while outside.

I still don't buy the theory about people being indoors more during winter is what spreads it. I guess if I get really bored I could go research it.
Let me save you some time: https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...e-flu-mos/

01-30-2018 09:52 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(01-29-2018 08:14 PM)Love Child Wrote:  I am sick right now!

There you are! I hope you're feeling much better real soon. 72

So many of the people I know here at home & online have been sick. I've managed to escape it so far *knocks wood* but I'm pretty fricken paranoid about it. Try to drink as much as you can! It's so important to stay hydrated.

01-30-2018 01:21 PM

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

Yeah Vodka is on sale this week, and it hydrates you until you feel good! hah

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
01-30-2018 08:44 PM