Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SUPER BOWL MENU
Cheeseteaks of course. My daughter called me last night for the recipe. It will be her and her BF's first SB in their new place.
If you want to make a large batch of wings without the fuss and mess of deep frying, I've found a way to do them in the oven where they come out perfectly crisp and golden brown. You'll need a large baking sheet pan.

Pat 4-5 lbs. of wings with a paper towel to get all the moisture off them.

Toss them in 2 Tablespoons of baking powder and 34 teaspoon of salt making sure they're evenly coated.

Arrange them on a large baking sheet.

Bake them at 250 on the lower rack of the oven for 30 mins.

Move them to the top rack of the oven and bake at 425 for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.

They may stick to the pan a bit so use a spatula to remove them.

Pour your favorite hot sauce in a large bowl. I used a combination of Frank's and Texas Pete's and added oregano and garlic powder. Then toss the wings in it and serve.
The skin was so crispy you'd never know they were baked in the oven.
I may pit that with your slow cooked Chili recipe in the cage match.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
My son always requests wings and I hate making them because the oil from deep frying makes a mess plus it's not healthy. I was looking on the internet for a way to do them in the oven and found this. The oriental lady isn't lying, they come out perfectly crisp. She has a wing sauce recipe to go with it, but I'm happy with the one I make.

https://www.recipetineats.com/truly-cris...-cookbook/
(02-01-2018, 09:14 PM)Maggot Wrote: I may pit that with your slow cooked Chili recipe in the cage match.

I have a slow cooked chili recipe? Where the hell is it?
I think they mean mean normal cooking time, you're just not your usual bright self lately.
I am making stuffed mushrooms.

For myself! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Maybe I will share.

Mmmmm 'shrooms. NomNomNom
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-01-2018, 09:57 PM)sally Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 09:14 PM)Maggot Wrote: I may pit that with your slow cooked Chili recipe in the cage match.

I have a slow cooked chili recipe? Where the hell is it?

That's what I want to know.
(02-01-2018, 09:57 PM)sally Wrote: I have a slow cooked chili recipe? Where the hell is it?

Good luck.

http://mockforums.net/showthread.php?tid...ight=chili

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Well I looked though all of those threads and I didn't find shit. You'd think out of three long ass threads about chili you'd find at least one recipe.

I just use ground beef and onions and green peppers, and some minced celery, and a can of stewed tomatoes, and beer, and a jalapeno, and kidney beans, and that Carol Shelby's chili mix and mix the shit all together and let it simmer on the stove.
(02-02-2018, 06:39 PM)sally Wrote: Well I looked though all of those threads and I didn't find shit. You'd think out of three long ass threads about chili you'd find at least one recipe.

I just use ground beef and onions and green peppers, and some minced celery, and a can of stewed tomatoes, and beer, and a jalapeno, and kidney beans, and that Carol Shelby's chili mix and mix the shit all together and let it simmer on the stove.

A guy (guy) told me 1 can kidney 1 can pimento 1 can mexican corn 2 lbs of hamburg peppers,onion some hot stuff? and have some shredded cheese handy, I still have time to mosh yours with that one together in a slow cooker with those hot wings. I should look around the web too.
I want to know what Taco would do.
Use buffalo meat!
This sounds like a decent chili recipe. I'd definitely add beer to it though.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 6 hours 10 minutes

Servings: 7

Ingredients
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 large yellow onion , finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic , finely minced
2 (14.5) oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies*
3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
12 cup water or beef broth
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 12 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp granulated sugar
12 tsp ground coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Serve topped with:
Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese , sour cream, chopped red or green onions, cilantro, roasted peppers, or hot sauce
Optionally serve with:
fresh cornbread or biscuits , baked russet potatoes, saltine crackers or tortilla chips

Instructions

Heat olive oil in a large and deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add onion and saute 3 minutes, then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer. Pour onions into a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker.

Return skillet to medium-high eat, add beef and cook stirring occasionally until beef has browned. Drain most of fat from beef, leaving about 2 Tbsp in with beef (this is optional, I think it ads flavor but you can drain it all if you'd prefer). Pour browned beef into slow cooker.

Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, 12 cup water or beef broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cocoa powder, sugar, coriander and season mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Stir mixture, cover with lid and cook on low heat for 5 - 6 hours.

Stir in dark and light red kidney beans and allow to heat through, about 10 minutes (if you want the soup to have more liquid you can add in another 12 cup water or beef broth). Serve warm with desired toppings (I say the cheese and sour cream is a must, everything else is optional).

*If you don't like heat then you can use canned tomatoes without green chiles since they are a little spicy.

Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
I saw that one with cocoa powder! I just picked up most of that stuff, I will call this an experiment chili. Now I just have to come up with a hot sauce for my hot wings. I will use that chinese recipe though.
(02-03-2018, 12:00 AM)BigMark Wrote: I want to know what Taco would do.

That's funny, last I heard his face was on the front door at the local rite-aid for stealing beer but when I went to look at the picture it was a black guy. After, I hit the Chinese buffet. That's what I am the solitary man.
(02-03-2018, 05:59 PM)Maggot Wrote: I saw that one with cocoa powder! I just picked up most of that stuff, I will call this an experiment chili. Now I just have to come up with a hot sauce for my hot wings. I will use that chinese recipe though.

Get the unsweetened cocoa powder, it's used a lot in Mexican cooking and will add a depth of flavor without making it taste like chocolate.

For my wing sauce I just use Louisiana, Texas Pete's or Frank's or a combination and add dried oregano and garlic powder to it. That's it and they taste great. Those brands of hotsauces aren't extremely hot, but for the wimps that can't take any heat you can add some melted butter to the sauce and it will make it milder.
(02-03-2018, 07:42 PM)sally Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 05:59 PM)Maggot Wrote: I saw that one with cocoa powder! I just picked up most of that stuff, I will call this an experiment chili. Now I just have to come up with a hot sauce for my hot wings. I will use that chinese recipe though.

Get the unsweetened cocoa powder, it's used a lot in Mexican cooking and will add a depth of flavor without making it taste like chocolate.

For my wing sauce I just use Louisiana, Texas Pete's or Frank's or a combination and add dried oregano and garlic powder to it. That's it and they taste great. Those brands of hotsauces aren't extremely hot, but for the wimps that can't take any heat you can add some melted butter to the sauce and it will make it milder.

I like the melted butter idea and will get rid of the half bottles of hot sauce I have kicking around here. Thanks. I'm sure I have unsweetened cocoa around here somewhere's..............