NOW WHAT?
(02-14-2018, 07:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 05:59 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: The Rockets may give your squad a run for their money this spring.

They are really, really good.

The Rockets are tough this year, for sure. Your Timberwolves are doing really well this season too.

I saw the current Western Conference standings yesterday: 1. Warriors, 2. Rockets, 3. Timberwolves, 4. Spurs, 5. Thunder.

It’s fun to have my squad in the mix this year, but unfortunately, we are not yet elite.

We’ve played the Warriors and Rockets 4 times so far this season and lost each game by 10+.

Anyway, we should make the playoffs, which will break a 13 year drought, so that’ll feel good.
I struggle to enjoy the NBA. Always have.

Back in the day I'd watch college ball for hours though - seemed more competitive. Just haven't had the time to keep up with it after having kids.
Jimbone!! Hooray!!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-14-2018, 08:41 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I struggle to enjoy the NBA. Always have.

Back in the day I'd watch college ball for hours though - seemed more competitive. Just haven't had the time to keep up with it after having kids.
And somehow more passionate. Anymore the NBA seems to be all about an individual (LeBron or whoever the flavor of the month is).
That doesn't even make sense Gunnar. Le Bron has been a celebrated top performer in the league for 15 years now. That's a decade and a half of flavor, not a month.

It's the same in pro football and every other pro sport -- the top performers in key positions get a lot of limelight and $$$. From season to season, some of the top performers stay on top and some different players break through.

Anyway, I wouldn't struggle in attempt to enjoy watching. It's just a game, not required viewing.
(02-14-2018, 08:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It’s fun to have my squad in the mix this year, but unfortunately, we are not yet elite.

We’ve played the Warriors and Rockets 4 times so far this season and lost each game by 10+.

Anyway, we should make the playoffs, which will break a 13 year drought, so that’ll feel good.

I won't be surprised if your Wolves are at the top of the league five years from now.

It's still a young team, losing coach Saunders was a (sad) hit, and there needs to be serious focus on building defensive skills.

It looks like Wiggins has come a long way as a defensive player this season. From what little I've seen, KAT's strong offensively, but he really needs to get better on defense or have stronger defenders supporting him on the court.
(02-15-2018, 10:33 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 08:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It’s fun to have my squad in the mix this year, but unfortunately, we are not yet elite.

I won't be surprised if your Wolves are at the top of the league five years from now.

It's still a young team, losing coach Saunders was a (sad) hit, and there needs to be serious focus on building defensive skills.

It looks like Wiggins has come a long way as a defensive player this season. From what little I've seen, KAT's strong offensively, but he really needs to get better on defense or have stronger defenders supporting him on the court.

The knock on KAT is he’s soft and Wiggins mentally checks out from time to time.

The veterans we brought in this year, Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson and Jeff Teague, have been better than advertised.

Butler, in particular, is a Top-15 player in the league, and brings an edge to the club.

The bench, however, is not that effective and by the time crunch time hits (last 5 minutes), the starters are abnormally fatigued and a lot of games slip away from us down the stretch.

But, it’s fun to have the Wolves winning again, so I’ll take it.
(02-15-2018, 10:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: That doesn't even make sense Gunnar. Le Bron has been a celebrated top performer in the league for 15 years now. That's a decade and a half of flavor, not a month.

It's the same in pro football and every other pro sport -- the top performers in key positions get a lot of limelight and $$$. From season to season, some of the top performers stay on top and some different players break through.

Anyway, I wouldn't struggle in attempt to enjoy watching. It's just a game, not required viewing.
No it's not. Look no further than my Eagles for a perfect example. MOST of our star players were riding the pine for the Superbowl. Our TEAM is heralded. Not Carson Wentz. And your boy Steph was flavor of the month last year over LeBron, so keep your Kool-Aide to yourself. I'll stick with IPA.
That's not accurate Gunnar, but it's also not important.

You love the Eagles, like pro football better than pro basketball, like college basketball better than pro basketball, and like IPA better than Kool Aide. Nothing wrong with that.

MS, Koko and I like watching pro basketball NBA games. Nothing wrong with that either.

It's silly that you're trying to get into a pissing match over something so petty. Just don't watch the NBA. No one gives a shit.
(02-15-2018, 11:53 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: That's not accurate Gunnar, but it's also not important.

You love the Eagles, like pro football better than pro basketball, like college basketball better than pro basketball, and like IPA better than Kool Aide. Nothing wrong with that.

MS, Koko and I like watching pro basketball NBA games. Nothing wrong with that either.

It's silly that you're trying to get into a pissing match over something so petty. Just don't watch the NBA. No one gives a shit.
I don't, and it's not a pissing match. I've stated why I don't and even gave an example and it flew right over your head. No biggie. Wouldn't be the first time I'm sure it won't be the last.
Your post and example were basic and fully comprehended Gunnar, they just weren't accurate.

What you posted about the NBA last is false. It was LeBron's year in 2016, not Steph's. LeBron brought the trophy to Cleveland for the first time. And, Kevin Durant overshadowed Steph in many ways on the Warriors last year as well. And, as with football, starters often get benched in basketball -- it's always a team effort and sometimes it's not the star players who contribute the most to victories.

Anyway, you're pissing in your own shoes. I seriously doubt that anyone believes I can't keep up with you, Gunnar. But, if it makes you feel better about yourself to fall back into that tired old MO, no problem.
I know biggie, and you sir are no biggie.
(02-15-2018, 12:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Your post and example were basic and fully comprehended Gunnar, they just weren't accurate.

What you posted about the NBA last is false. It was LeBron's year in 2016, not Steph's. LeBron brought the trophy to Cleveland for the first time. And, Kevin Durant overshadowed Steph in many ways on the Warriors last year as well. And, as with football, starters often get benched in basketball -- it's always a team effort and sometimes it's not the star players who contribute the most to victories.

Anyway, you're pissing in your own shoes. I seriously doubt that anyone believes I can't keep up with you, Gunnar. But, if it makes you feel better about yourself to fall back into that tired old MO, no problem.
Yes I'm fully aware of how the game is played. Playing your bench is routine in basketball. Not so much in the NFL. Further proving my point. Last year was a big year for Steph and you can deny I'm right all you want and tip toe around the truth but in your heart you know it to be so. I'm sure it makes you uncomfortable that I don't even watch NBA and can still sit and debate with you accurately, but it is what it is. Before LeBron it was Kobe. Before Kobe it was MJ. The one guy that you feed the ball to that puts your team on top. The NBA is a "Me first" production, whereas college ball is more of a team effort with a lot of heart and soul. Spin it however you want. I'm not the only one who feels this way about what the NBA has evolved into.