Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2018
(05-15-2018, 03:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 01:52 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: He says Ajayi and a friend had 3 parties there (ha-duh!) after being told they weren't allowed to throw any parties. Everybody want's to cash in.

Choo Choo. I ride the Jay train.

I hope there's more to this story. I don't want to think badly of him. I like him! He must be so excited to be playing London this year, huh. Smiley_emoticons_smile
The guy is asking for 20k for a table and a scratch on his floor. He rented his mansion out to a football super star who just won the superbowl and didn't expect them to throw a party? Not sure what else you would need to know about that situation? Good for Jay to play on his home field, but I hate those games across the pond. If they want American football so bad over there they should start their own league. Just one man's opinion.
(05-16-2018, 09:19 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The guy is asking for 20k for a table and a scratch on his floor.

That's exactly why I said I hoped there was more to the story. One doesn't ask for $20 grand for a broken table and a scratch on the floor. The man can present some evidence of real damage or shut the fuck up.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-16-2018, 12:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 09:19 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The guy is asking for 20k for a table and a scratch on his floor.

That's exactly why I said I hoped there was more to the story. One doesn't ask for $20 grand for a broken table and a scratch on the floor. The man can present some evidence of real damage or shut the fuck up.
I don't believe that evidence exists. In most of these cases, the team will settle out of court to put it to bed and move on regardless of any facts. Eli Manning almost made it to court to testify last week over some bogus helmets sold to sports memorabilia collectors. They settled. It's a game people play to get their hands on some easy money.
Dennis Erickson was in a local tavern and was about six seats down, he had these gigantic championship bowl rings on so I asked them to hold them up, he took them off and threw them down the bar like dice!
(05-16-2018, 12:47 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: It's a game people play to get their hands on some easy money.

Despicable. Sounds like little more than stealing to me.
(05-16-2018, 12:57 PM)BigMark Wrote: Dennis Erickson was in a local tavern and was about six seats down, he had these gigantic championship bowl rings on so I asked them to hold them up, he took them off and threw them down the bar like dice!

That's cool! I'd wanna put those puppies on my man's hands fingers. Yowza.
I did and everyone else in the bar did!
(05-16-2018, 12:57 PM)BigMark Wrote: Dennis Erickson was in a local tavern and was about six seats down, he had these gigantic championship bowl rings on so I asked them to hold them up, he took them off and threw them down the bar like dice!
Miami Hurricanes in the 90's?
(05-16-2018, 01:26 PM)BigMark Wrote: I did and everyone else in the bar did!

Do you watch football?

100 DAYS TILL KICKOFF Smiley_emoticons_hurra3
Just the superbowl.

Now that there's some distance from the Super Bowl can we talk about what a cool story the Eagles season was? My awesome QB, the injury, the backup, winningwinningwinning every week when many had us written off. "we all we got, we all we need". It was one of the most exciting times of my life. It was a thrill ride! Kelce's speech on the steps of the art museum was something people will refer to for years "nobody likes us, we don't care".

All I ever wish fervently for at the beginning of the season is to beat those filthyNewYorkGiants. I've never won a Super Bowl before.

We had the most fun touchdown celebrations too!
One down. Blowing-kisses
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Seems like I've read a lot about ACL injuries recently, all at OTA's. Man.

My team got their Super Bowl rings last night. So proud. [Image: cry-blow.gif]

[Image: DfsyoddWkAAJ_Fq.jpg]
They look real nice.

Now it's time to get back to work, they know what winning a Super Bowl requires. OTA's are over and they have about a month to do what they want. Do my wants matter? I want them at the Nova Care Complex working.
(06-15-2018, 12:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Now it's time to get back to work, they know what winning a Super Bowl requires. OTA's are over and they have about a month to do what they want. Do my wants matter? I want them at the Nova Care Complex working.
Back in the day they would be. About a decade ago, the players union made a case to the owners to excuse their athletes in order to avoid undue injuries prior to the start of the season. At the time, there really was a lot of players getting hurt on the practice field prior to the season opener, so I see their point, but I also think they don't have enough time to gel anymore so ideally i'd like to see them meet somewhere in the middle as a future state. It really doesn't make sense to beat the hell out of your team before the season starts but I think there are plenty of drills they could be doing that would not increase the likelihood of a pre-season injury.
(06-18-2018, 01:40 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I think there are plenty of drills they could be doing that would not increase the likelihood of a pre-season injury.

Agreed!

I think it matters that they bond too. I understand that may sound crazy to a man. Smiley_emoticons_slash
(06-18-2018, 01:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 01:40 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I think there are plenty of drills they could be doing that would not increase the likelihood of a pre-season injury.

Agreed!

I think it matters that they bond too. I understand that may sound crazy to a man. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Not at all. Bond/gel, same thing.