STUDENTS WALKOUT
Elementary school kids were definitely manipulated by adults, even given a chance to opt out they wouldn't do it when the teacher is saying "come on kids we're going outside now, it's fun time". I'd say that would be pretty accurate with the middle school kids too.

As far as the high school kids, I'm sure many of them took it seriously. But I'd agree it was just goof off time for the majority.

I've been around plenty of kids to know how they behave. I've spent years walking into schools to drop off and pick up my kids. Most of the time it's complete chaos.
(03-15-2018, 12:29 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: OK that does not answer the question but in your own head you have. Ok...........i will roll with it.

I answered your question clearly. You just don't like the answer Mags.

It's not possible for me to assess and express an informed opinion regarding the thoughts of thousands of students based on what I've heard from probably around 50.

However, having really listened to those I've heard, I know it's ignorant to make a blanket statement that the students participating in walk outs just want out of school and are insincere liars.

While you feel you have the uncanny ability to read their minds, I don't.

If in your mind you think you have answered the question I guess that's gonna have to do.
here is the question again if you have somehow lost reading comprehension over the years:
What percentage do you in your opinion think were goofing off and who was serious? You do not have to google or look for stats just what your opinion is.

If you don't want to give your IMO just say so...........
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I read some parents around here bitchin' about it. They thought their kids should have been in class and because I often read this group of people I knew they were the same ones who pull their kids out of class to leave early for vacation. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-15-2018, 12:45 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:29 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: OK that does not answer the question but in your own head you have. Ok...........i will roll with it.

I answered your question clearly. You just don't like the answer Mags.

It's not possible for me to assess and express an informed opinion regarding the thoughts of thousands of students based on what I've heard from probably around 50.

However, having really listened to those I've heard, I know it's ignorant to make a blanket statement that the students participating in walk outs just want out of school and are insincere liars.

While you feel you have the uncanny ability to read their minds, I don't.

If in your mind you think you have answered the question I guess that's gonna have to do.
here is the question again if you have somehow lost reading comprehension over the years:
What percentage do you in your opinion think were goofing off and who was serious? You do not have to google or look for stats just what your opinion is.

If you don't want to give your IMO just say so...........

I’m not gonna lie and pretend to have a quantified opinion just because you feel some weird need to pressure me into doing so and can’t take the truth for an answer. So, it’s good to hear you’re okay with just accepting my honest answer now. It’s all you’re gonna get Mags.
OK you will not express your opinion. Check. That would probably be a good rule of thumb then. OK.
You're either attempting a really weak troll or you've lost your mind Maggot.

As has been explained to you more than once now, I don't have an opinion about the specific question you asked me.

When I do have enough information to form opinions on topics, I'll express them when and how I see fit -- you know, the rule of thumb here at Mock.
Then 7030 IMHO 102

hah
(03-15-2018, 12:07 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 11:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The claim or insinuation that all or most of the students were just goof offs looking for a few minutes outside the classroom and/or that the students involved in the organization are just being manipulated by adults...... are weak attempts to discredit the young people and their passions/efforts, in my opinion.

What in your own opinion would be the percentage of goof-offs and serious students?

I would probably say 7030 with the goof offs being the 70% could you even answer the question in your own opinion?

Mr. Maggots, I am going to speak very slowly......why does percentages of goof-offs versus serious students matter? Are you writing a book? I am too old and, as Sally would say "old slut," to debate with you....I also have been around "kids" a lot, Sally. I spent 18 years working with adolescents at the Job Corps...Kids want their voices heard in every generation....we had the violent protests of the 60's, etc.....

Although some students may have wanted to goof off, why be so critical and dismissive of their intent and message to all of us..most of these kids were frustrated by inaction. Trump had backed down from some of his promises to Parkland students.......... for the few who spoke to the media, they demonstrated sincerity, impatience with the current leadership, and the inactions of the adults who should be making their schools safer.....arm teachers say many adults....most ridiculous thing i have heard in my life......while the adults continue to argue and do nothing, these kids are standing up for their beliefs. ......regardless of the individual agendas, they walk out and stand in solidarity with the "leaders" and "spokespersons" in their respective groups. More gun control is not the only thing that needs to change for the good of mankind, and, thus, the respective signs will differ from student to student...... to criticize the difference in signs is, IMO, rather petty.

I think to criticize these students is akin to Trump calling everything he disagrees with, fake news........dismiss these kids, what do they know kind of attitude......they know a heck of a lot more than some of you.....er, I mean us....

Signed,

The Old Slut (aka Blueberry Hill)
(03-15-2018, 03:42 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: The Old Slut (aka Blueberry Hill)

I hope & pray that I can be as cool and awesome as you are when I'm your age. Smiley_emoticons_bussi
I'm sure she knows I'm joking about that. But who knows, I told MS to fuck off and he started crying like a bitch.
(03-15-2018, 04:07 PM)sally Wrote: I'm sure she knows I'm joking about that. But who knows, I told MS to fuck off and he started crying like a bitch.

How’s the home-schooling going?

Hard to create lesson plans when you’re hung over?

Or, maybe still drunk?
(03-15-2018, 03:42 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:07 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 11:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The claim or insinuation that all or most of the students were just goof offs looking for a few minutes outside the classroom and/or that the students involved in the organization are just being manipulated by adults...... are weak attempts to discredit the young people and their passions/efforts, in my opinion.

What in your own opinion would be the percentage of goof-offs and serious students?

I would probably say 7030 with the goof offs being the 70% could you even answer the question in your own opinion?

Mr. Maggots, I am going to speak very slowly......why does percentages of goof-offs versus serious students matter? Are you writing a book? I am too old and, as Sally would say "old slut," to debate with you....I also have been around "kids" a lot, Sally. I spent 18 years working with adolescents at the Job Corps...Kids want their voices heard in every generation....we had the violent protests of the 60's, etc.....

Although some students may have wanted to goof off, why be so critical and dismissive of their intent and message to all of us..most of these kids were frustrated by inaction. Trump had backed down from some of his promises to Parkland students.......... for the few who spoke to the media, they demonstrated sincerity, impatience with the current leadership, and the inactions of the adults who should be making their schools safer.....arm teachers say many adults....most ridiculous thing i have heard in my life......while the adults continue to argue and do nothing, these kids are standing up for their beliefs. ......regardless of the individual agendas, they walk out and stand in solidarity with the "leaders" and "spokespersons" in their respective groups. More gun control is not the only thing that needs to change for the good of mankind, and, thus, the respective signs will differ from student to student...... to criticize the difference in signs is, IMO, rather petty.

I think to criticize these students is akin to Trump calling everything he disagrees with, fake news........dismiss these kids, what do they know kind of attitude......they know a heck of a lot more than some of you.....er, I mean us....

Signed,

The Old Slut (aka Blueberry Hill)

Ya know I started to try and care that you may be slipping and because your old and a dog is walking on your keyboard or something then it occurred to me that your just using it as an excuse so I may start talking to you like an adult at some point. Don't worry though I will start slow. And may even wait for you to "catch-up" I will hold the door open for you though.
(03-15-2018, 04:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:07 PM)sally Wrote: I'm sure she knows I'm joking about that. But who knows, I told MS to fuck off and he started crying like a bitch.

How’s the home-schooling going?

Hard to create lesson plans when you’re hung over?

Or, maybe still drunk?

Ouch, that hurt.

I don't actually get drunk, I'm a functioning alcoholic.
Were just a big basket of inebriated deplorables.
Plus I was planning on sending her to school next year for second grade, but I might change my mind if they're going to have her outside protesting about shit she doesn't even know about. I know she doesn't like Donald Trump, but it's mostly because of his hair.

Let's hope being called a dipshit didn't cause any PTSD. Hopefully he's getting his groove back (the sexy new perm should help).

While it hurts deeply having been called lazy and kind of a fucking cunt (even though I know the lazy part is bullshit), I take comfort in the fact that I'm in like company up in here.

I mean.....

Blueberry's an old slut.

You're a drunken cranky old bat.

Gunnar's desperately dorky.

Duchess is a man-handed idiot who never uses her brain.

All the women here are good for nothing but sex, according to that gun nut asshole Pappy.

Aussie is a god damn crazy lady.

Maggot's a terrible troll and there's a 70/30% chance he's lost his ever-loving mind.

That punk Biggie can be a real fucking moron sometimes (and he has a small penis).

Jimbone is one pugnacious racist.

Chances are good that Six is a Trumptard.

Donovan is a humble-bragging motherfucker who calls other people 'punks' to make himself feel better (the brute!).

Kid's quite possibly a serial killer with dead hookers piling up in his basement.

......LoveChild, Cars and Crash are about the only few normal people in this place.
Lovechild has sex with a vegetable!
(03-15-2018, 05:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Blueberry's an old slut.

You're a drunken cranky old bat.

Gunnar's desperately dorky.

Duchess is a man-handed idiot who never uses her brain.

All the women here are good for nothing but sex, according to that gun nut asshole Pappy.

Aussie is a god damn crazy lady.

Maggot's a terrible troll and there's a 70/30% chance he's lost his ever-loving mind.

That punk Biggie can be a real fucking moron sometimes (and he has a small penis).

Jimbone is one pugnacious racist.

Chances are good that Six is a Trumptard.

Donovan is a humble-bragging motherfucker who calls other people 'punks' to make himself feel better (the brute!).

Kid's quite possibly a serial killer with dead hookers piling up in his basement.

......LoveChild, Cars and Crash are about the only few normal people in this place.

It's my extreme pleasure to be included with all the misfits. This is my favorite place to spend time with my favorite people in all of cyberspace and that's the Gods honest truth. Amen.