Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a reviewer?
Do you leave reviews at every restaurant you go to? Every movie theater, ever store?
Do you read reviews before you visit a place?
nah. That takes too much effort, and people who make bad reviews always come off sounding petulant. While the ones leaving good reviews seem like shills. I had an HR rep in our own company who was upset over some bad reviews ex- employees had left about us (seventh circle of hell they called us, lol) and wanted us to go on and post fake good reviews to bump our rating. I told him it was sketchy.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Yes I read the google and yelp review and look at the other reviews a person left if it was one of only negative left to see if that person only complains.
I wouldn't go out of my way to post a review, even if the service/product was horrible. It would take a lot for me to write a bad review.

You can't trust the reviews either since over half the population is fucking nuts. I like to read them about restaurants sometimes and while some are legit some are ridiculous. There's a seafood shack here on the river that has excellent seafood and you can sit outside. You wouldn't believe how many people complained about all the birds outside. Seriously?
Also a lot of people do read the reviews and are persuaded by them. Anyone can get on the internet and slander someone's business over something petty because they missed their meds that day and have a hair up their ass.

My husband's business has a few bad reviews out there that are completely ridiculous. Some nutcase wrote not to do business with this company because they're fly by night and not even licensed. We've been in business for 24 years and my husband is a state licensed roofing and general contractor. But some mental case can just get on the net and write whatever they want.
(03-29-2018, 08:31 PM)Love Child Wrote: Do you leave reviews at every restaurant you go to? Every movie theater, ever store?
Do you read reviews before you visit a place?

I don't think I've ever left a review, if I have I can't recall it, but I do read them. I can read 50 great reviews on the same product and then read one bad one and I'm turned off, crazy that the one review would carry so much more weight than 50 good ones. 78
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I leave mostly positive reviews of the clothes I buy from JCPenney.com.

I did one time leave a negative Yelp review of a local bar because I had a "hair up my ass" toward the karaoke DJ that plays there.
Use scissors.
(03-30-2018, 07:02 PM)BigMark Wrote: Use scissors.

How about YOU use scissors and....

I left a review once on a Propane heater I bought last year and now I get all these questions about how to fix them when they fuck up. I actually answered one that asked if you could get burned by going near them and I said to not put it in the kids room Clyde. And you cannot boil water with them.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
LOL

I couldn't recall where I had read reviews, but now I recall I would read reviews on Amazon on certain products before purchasing them.
I read reviews on some of my snow boots and rain boots I purchased last year.

Mostly I was curious about people who seem to review every single place they go to. And then someone who would avoid going to a place based upon 1 person's opinion. Duchess! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

There is a restaurant owner who did a counter protest to the protesters last Saturday. Only his counter-protest consisted of stopping his car in the middle of the intersection, flipping everyone off, saying "Fuck you" and mimicking jacking off to all of the protesters. It was captured on video and I went to some of the review pages like Yelp to see what people were saying. It sort of made me crack up to read the reviews.
(03-31-2018, 03:05 AM)Love Child Wrote: And then someone who would avoid going to a place based upon 1 person's opinion. Duchess! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I know. Right! I owned my craziness. 50
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
We went on TripAdvisor Friday morning in Williams, AZ.

Wanted to find a good breakfast spot.

Turns out there were 3 places with reviews.

We went to the highest rated one and it was excellent and basically just as described by the reviewers we read.

This is one aspect of social media that can make a difference in day to day life.
You had to do this thread because my propane heater I bought in September last year is needing it's orifices cleaned, so I will put on my gloves, turn on the compressor and purge the orifice. I may even put that in my review. Propane is a filthy gas and little chunks of specks of nasty gunk can clog it's air hole after 3 months of use.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.