Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow Peephole
Ok, am I the only one who is seriously fascinated all to hell with this whole 'shadow people' thing?? I want to know all about them. What they look like, what they sound like, how you know when someone is a 'shadow person', what kind of things they say... do they have special 'abilities'? Do they age? Is it like 'Beautiful Mind'? Are they ever people you have actually known? Do you miss them when they're gone? Why make them go away at all?

Are there shadow hamsters?

If I were a cat, I would be dead from the curiosity by now.
Shadow people (also known as shadow men, shadow folk, or shadow beings) are supernatural shadow-like creatures of both modern folklore and traditional native American beliefs[citation needed]. According to folklore, they appear as dark forms in the peripheries of people's vision and disintegrate, or move between walls, when noticed.[1][2]

Reports of shadow people occupy a similar position in the popular consciousness to ghost sightings, but differ in that shadow people are not reported as having human features, wearing modern/period clothing, or attempting to communicate. Witnesses also do not report the same feelings of being in the presence of something that 'was once human'. Some individuals have described being menaced, chased, or in some rare instances, attacked by shadow people. There have also been reports of shadow people appearing in front of witnesses and lingering for several seconds before disappearing. Witnesses report that encounters are typically accompanied by a feeling of dread.[1][3]

[Image: 200px-SHADOPPL.JPG]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
So maybe Opie is just psychic? ::dunno::
I entered a new tag line in Wikipedia for shadow people for OP.::bigg::

It's under Hypnagogia
::lmao::::lipsealed::

I really AM curious though!!!
Maggot Wrote:Shadow people (also known as shadow men, shadow folk, or shadow beings) are supernatural shadow-like creatures of both modern folklore and traditional native American beliefs[citation needed]. According to folklore, they appear as dark forms in the peripheries of people's vision and disintegrate, or move between walls, when noticed.[1][2]

Witnesses also do not report the same feelings of being in the presence of something that 'was once human'.

Interesting. I remember once, about 25 years ago I saw a "shadowy thing" off to the edge of my vision..as is mentioned here. It appeared to be not a full being and seemed to glide along the room fora few seconds, before it went away. The only thing is, I had a strong feeling that it was my mom..who had died about 4 or 5 years before. Thing is..this was in a place I had just moved to..so she had never been there in life. [Image: 2.gif]

Are they attracted to Hamsters?
Maggot Wrote:I entered a new tag line in Wikipedia for shadow people for OP.::bigg::

It's under Hypnagogia
::lmao::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

how long do you think it will take to show up on the page?
SyberBitch Wrote:Ok, am I the only one who is seriously fascinated all to hell with this whole 'shadow people' thing?? I want to know all about them. What they look like, what they sound like, how you know when someone is a 'shadow person', what kind of things they say... do they have special 'abilities'? Do they age? Is it like 'Beautiful Mind'? Are they ever people you have actually known? Do you miss them when they're gone? Why make them go away at all?

You know the scene in "A Beautiful Mind" where the shadow people seemed to know they were 'leaving'? The look that Paul Bettany gave Russell Crowe broke my heart... his characterseemed more real than anyone else in the movie. 21
[user=33]Maggot[/user] wrote:
Quote:I entered a new tag line in Wikipedia for shadow people for OP.::bigg::

It's under Hypnagogia

Thanks.

I am finally getting the recognition I so rightly deserve.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
[user=116]SyberBitch[/user] wrote:
Quote:Ok, am I the only one who is seriously fascinated all to hell with this whole 'shadow people' thing?? I want to know all about them. What they look like, what they sound like, how you know when someone is a 'shadow person', what kind of things they say... do they have special 'abilities'? Do they age? Is it like 'Beautiful Mind'? Are they ever people you have actually known? Do you miss them when they're gone? Why make them go away at all?

What I used to see were just outlines, black outlines vaguely humanoid in shape. Sometimes I would catch them out of the corner of my eye, sometimes they would appear standing right in front of me.
I never felt particularly scared by them but it could be unnerving especially if one appeared while I was in company with other people and it was obvious no one else could seen them.
I don't think they are ghosts or spirits and I ain't psychic, they were just delusional manifestations of my anxiety and paranoia.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Someone actually fucks you?
86 112
They took it out........bastards!::lmao::
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:[user=116]SyberBitch[/user] wrote:
Quote:Ok, am I the only one who is seriously fascinated all to hell with this whole 'shadow people' thing?? I want to know all about them. What they look like, what they sound like, how you know when someone is a 'shadow person', what kind of things they say... do they have special 'abilities'? Do they age? Is it like 'Beautiful Mind'? Are they ever people you have actually known? Do you miss them when they're gone? Why make them go away at all?

What I used to see were just outlines, black outlines vaguely humanoid in shape. Sometimes I would catch them out of the corner of my eye, sometimes they would appear standing right in front of me.
I never felt particularly scared by them but it could be unnerving especially if one appeared while I was in company with other people and it was obvious no one else could seen them.
I don't think they are ghosts or spirits and I ain't psychic, they were just delusional manifestations of my anxiety and paranoia.
No kidding?!?! Then it actually is more like the wiki 'shadow people'. Apparently lots of people see stuff like that.
[user=116]SyberBitch[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:[user=116]SyberBitch[/user] wrote:

No kidding?!?! Then it actually is more like the wiki 'shadow people'. Apparently lots of people see stuff like that.

I have never seen them until I was diagnosed as delusional and they have gone away since getting medication and treatment so I have no doubt they weren't paranormal in nature.
I have heard of the general "shadow people" thing before but I've always put them down to non-paranormal origins, tricks of the light/shadow, the brain misreading visual stimulus etc.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I have never seen them until I was diagnosed as delusional and they have gone away since getting medication and treatment so I have no doubt they weren't paranormal in nature.
I have heard of the general "shadow people" thing before but I've always put them down to non-paranormal origins, tricks of the light/shadow, the brain misreading visual stimulus etc.
You didn't see them until after your diagnosis? That's pretty wild. Did they ever actually talk to you? If so, what kind of things would they say?

I think it would be a lot creepier to see people you actually thought were 'real'.

The people we see in dreams seem 'real' enough, and to our mind, they are independent people who we do not control, even though they are complete creations of our own brain. I've had dreams, for instance, where I would meet someone who was singing and playing some new piece of music and I would wake up thinking "I wish I could create music like that", when in fact I DID, it just isn't something I can call on at any given time.

Heck, I think it would be great to have a link to the subconscious you could ask questions of. What a great resource that could be! I guess the problem would be in trying to control it. You always hear about psychotics who hear voices telling them to do horrible things. I wonder if there are 'psychotics' who hear voices telling them to do great things? Create masterpieces? Help humankind?
No, they never spoke or communicated with me, they just appeared for a brief time then faded. The voices I used to hear (and still do very occasionally) did communicate with me and they were a lot more scary and disconcerting than any shadow people, but that is another story.
Tease!!!
Have the Shadow People ever given you the finger?
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:Have the Shadow People ever given you the finger?
They give him this one ::jerk2::when he's boringhis company to tearswith anothervideo of his hamstersrunning the obstacle courseto Billy Idol tunes.