DIFFERENT RULES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS

In Texas a black woman got five years in prison for voting while on probation. In the very same county a white judge got five years probation for the felony of submitting fake signatures to qualify for the primary ballot. This is wrong, so wrong. Rules should be applied the same way for all people.

I already know where Mark stands on this, where do you stand? Do you believe there should be different rules for different folks?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The rules should be applied equally...........to everyone but me! ‘)

Seriously, that is bullshit.

Last week two black entrepreneurs were waiting for a business associate at a Starbucks and one asked to use the bathroom. He was told it was only for paying customers, so he went and sat back down. No problem.

Right before the business associate showed up, the Starbucks manager called 911 and reported that the men didn’t buy anything and were still in the joint.

They had never been asked to leave and hadn’t done anything wrong. Not a crime. Still, police arrived and the men were cuffed and taken to jail.

Luckily a woman who was waiting for her son videotaped it and it went viral. The white customers were in disbelief and asking the officers why the men were being arrested for something they do at that Starbucks all the time without issue.

Starbucks fired the manager and closed 8000 stores in the days after to offer diversity training to its employees. That’s good, but sad that it was required at all.

Different rules alright.
They had never been asked to leave

Are you sure about that?
(04-23-2018, 03:22 PM)BigMark Wrote: They had never been asked to leave

Are you sure about that?

Well, I wasn’t there. But, everything I read indicated that the men were never asked to leave before the cops showed up and they hadn’t made any trouble. That’s why the other customers were so defensive of them, as seen in the video.

And, the police department as well as Starbucks have issued public apologies to the men and admitted their employees (not the men) were in the wrong.
If I remember her case correctly, she signed a provisional ballot which includes an affidavit that you aren't a felon and that you have the right to vote. She basically signed the form without reading it she says, and never knew she wasn't allowed to vote as a felon on probation.

This other clown looks like he accepted a probation offer, and that's why he didn't go to trial and get a sentence.

According to the DA, the woman above did not accept a probation deal that was offered and went to trial instead. When she was found guilty, she received the five year sentence.
That sounds more plausible than the screaming headline.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.