The Official Margin-Blowin' Detention Thread
This is where I may move a post that stretches the margins of a thread by more than a tad. My monitor resolution is a very common one so I am going by that - it is 1024 X 768. So if your post is missing it might be because I (or someone) moved it here. If you want to avoid this, don't use the insert image button with a graphic that is very large/wide. Learn how to find pics that are not wider than around 700 pixels, or to resize them. There are sites that will even resize the pic for you.

I am keeping this thread as a sticky for just a day or two and then it will just be a normal thread in this forum.

As an example, here is a pic from another thread that is 800 pixels wide. It is a little too wide and makes me have to scroll right a little:

[Image: pilpun.jpg]
86 112
Do ya think this is enough to make the morons here adjust their pictures? Even with an example of a picture that blows the margins, I kinda doubt it. I fucking hate blown margins, so I hope it works.
Probably won't work, but worth a try. Now..that pic, as is, does not blow my margins, but I have a wide screen monitor so I am not sure if that makes a difference. Therefore, I usually try to make a pic smaller, even if my own margins are not blown.

BUT, I am liable to make a mistake now and again.
QueenBee Wrote:Probably won't work, but worth a try. Now..that pic, as is, does not blow my margins, but I have a wide screen monitor so I am not sure if that makes a difference. Therefore, I usually try to make a pic smaller, even if my own margins are not blown.

But with the pic MF posted, people have an example of what size pic does blow the margins. His screen size is the same as mine, apparently, because that pic only blows the margins slightly for me, too. So PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! I'd much rather move the fucking post than shrink the picture myself.
I will have to remember that when posting pics, then. On my screen MFs pic comes pretty damn close to hugging my margins.
It's close for mine, too. But the nice thing about being the boss is, he can go by his own monitor and not give a shit what the others see. ::lmao::
MF, do you mean USE the browse button to upload instead of NOT use it? The software WILL resize the images smaller if they directly upload.

Off site image hosting sites will have clickable thumbnail options *Photobucket I know has this.* that will allow for members to insert off site images into a smaller size and they can click them to view full size if they want. That is useful for those too dopey to resize. It also offers resizing of the images right in each image's editing area.

I would make this software shrink the images to 600 px wide if you haven't done so and anything eles You can either edit to delete or move them here to annoy them like you intend to .
Sinister Wrote:
QueenBee Wrote:Probably won't work, but worth a try. Now..that pic, as is, does not blow my margins, but I have a wide screen monitor so I am not sure if that makes a difference. Therefore, I usually try to make a pic smaller, even if my own margins are not blown.

But with the pic MF posted, people have an example of what size pic does blow the margins. His screen size is the same as mine, apparently, because that pic only blows the margins slightly for me, too. So PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! I'd much rather move the fucking post than shrink the picture myself.

All people have to remember is don't go past 700 pixels wide.
86 112
The Antagonist Wrote:MF, do you mean USE the browse button to upload instead of NOT use it? The software WILL resize the images smaller if they directly upload.

No, I had described the insert image button use - i.e., I mean do not insert images that are too wide. That is where and how pics can blow the margins. Attached images can't due to the resizing.
86 112
Sinister Wrote:Do ya think this is enough to make the morons here adjust their pictures? Even with an example of a picture that blows the margins, I kinda doubt it. I fucking hate blown margins, so I hope it works.
Even if it doesn't work, at least we can move the posts here. So, if they don't mind their posts being thrown into this garbage thread, they can keep putting giant pics in their posts.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:Do ya think this is enough to make the morons here adjust their pictures? Even with an example of a picture that blows the margins, I kinda doubt it. I fucking hate blown margins, so I hope it works.
Even if it doesn't work, at least we can move the posts here. So, if they don't mind their posts being thrown into this garbage thread, they can keep putting giant pics in their posts.
I love it. This makes it much more fun for me! And the fact that it's in the trash folder makes it even better.
:Blush:

::dlaugh::
Sinister Wrote:I fucking hate blown margins
I mentioned in here quite recently that blown margins made Sin batshit crazy !
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I thought she liked blowing with margarine. ::dunno::
86 112
Duchess Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:I fucking hate blown margins
I mentioned in here quite recently that blown margins made Sin batshit crazy !
Most would say crazier. ::bigg::
Middle Finger Wrote:
The Antagonist Wrote:MF, do you mean USE the browse button to upload instead of NOT use it? The software WILL resize the images smaller if they directly upload.

No, I had described the insert image button use - i.e., I mean do not insert images that are too wide. That is where and how pics can blow the margins. Attached images can't due to the resizing.

ah my bad. I always forget about that button because I rarely use it for pics. With the ability to multiple upload images now, who needs it unless you're trying to do some fancy word/image configuration thing.
Damn! Busted!::lmao::...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.