Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018

I have to assist a client from 6pm to 10pm tonight. So bummed that I won't be able to watch the game real time. But, I'm still gonna try to watch the video when I get home tonight.

05-31-2018 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

BigMark Offline
Mocker

How much do you charge for Four hours?

05-31-2018 08:00 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

10 dollah

05-31-2018 08:21 PM

RickVallejo Offline
Virgin

I think the Dubs look exposed for the first time in several years. Which basically means that they lost more than one game.

More than anything I'm seeing some NBA fatigue from both sides though. There's a definite cloud of 'blah' surrounding this entire series. We'll see if game 1 can energize.

05-31-2018 08:57 PM

RickVallejo Offline
Virgin

@Midwest Spy

I think I agree with you. If he can shoulder this load to the finish line then I think there's going to be some legitimate Michael Jordan ship jumpers.

05-31-2018 09:00 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(05-31-2018 09:00 PM)RickVallejo Wrote:  @Midwest Spy

I think I agree with you. If he can shoulder this load to the finish line then I think there's going to be some legitimate Michael Jordan ship jumpers.

I’ve been a Jordan guy my entire life.

Completely, unequivocally.

However, watching LBJ the last couple of years, particularly his offensive game, appreciating his basketball IQ, his passing.... its all evolved to the point where I can’t seriously say he’s NOT the best to have ever played.

The fact he’s likeable makes it really easy to reach the conclusion that I have.

05-31-2018 09:30 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

LeBron is a force of nature, for sure. He did everything possible, and some things previously impossible, that any player could do to earn a game 1 win for his team. The man scored 51 points and there wasn't a Warrior who could guard him. Incredible performance.

I was glad to see Kevin Love come back from his concussion injury. He put up 24 points for the Cavs.

The Warriors played hard and well, but not our absolute best. If it weren't for that major fuck-up by JR Smith, we could easily have lost game 1 in the final seconds of regular play rather than winning in overtime.

I thought Smith must have been confused about the score when he nabbed the free throw rebound and proceeded to dribble up court instead of pushing a tie-breaking game-winning shot with 4.7 seconds on the clock. But, Smith says he knew the score and was waiting for the official to call the time-out LeBron was requesting.

Final Game 1 Score: 134W / 124C.

06-01-2018 09:23 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I feel bad for JR Smith after reading some of the commentary. Some people are really eviscerating him. I hope he bounces back and plays well in game 2.

06-01-2018 12:02 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I don't watch B-ball but I sure do recognize the look on some of those faces and the feelings that go along with them. I've seen the same on my own guys in the NFL.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
06-01-2018 01:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

The Warriors played great tonight at home.

Iggy is still out with a bruised knee, but Livingston did a good job filling that key spot.

Stephan, Klay and my man Draymond were their usual awesome selves and KD got his groove back tonight.

Game 2 score: 122W/103C
Series Score: 2W/0C.

The series heads to Cleveland for game 3 on Wednesday.

I think LeBron, Love and company will be on fire at home and take game 3. If that happens, I hope JR Smith is a big part of the Cleveland win. Man, he got skewered for his bad sense of timing in the final seconds of game 1 regular play.

06-03-2018 10:44 PM

koko Offline
youngin'

(05-31-2018 06:58 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  Doesn’t matter to me though if the Cavs don’t win, he is now the best to ever play.
it's amazing to me how many people refuse to admit that he's even that close to MJ.

How about these refs though? The day after both games "oh um 'scuse me but...yeah we missed this call, and this other one....oh and uhh that one too"

Sidenote- I don't understand how a felon (convicted of tax evasion and obstruction) can be an NBA ref but a pothead can't work at, like...office max.

Can somebody trim Draymond's claws on the plane? Looking at LeBron and seeing that eye makes my ass clench up...hurts me just to look at it.

Still waiting on Ty Lue's simple ass to substitute effectively. Would like to see Korver in the game more. Would love to see Jose Calderon get in when maybe Clarkson or JR get cold.

It's about to get interesting tonight

06-06-2018 12:03 PM

koko Offline
youngin'

(05-31-2018 06:58 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  Doesn’t matter to me though if the Cavs don’t win, he is now the best to ever play.
it's amazing to me how many people refuse to admit that he's even that close to MJ.

How about these refs though? The day after both games "oh um 'scuse me but...yeah we missed this call, and this other one....oh and uhh that one too"

Sidenote- I don't understand how a felon (convicted of tax evasion and obstruction) can be an NBA ref but a pothead can't work at, like...office max.

Can somebody trim Draymond's claws on the plane? Looking at LeBron and seeing that eye makes my ass clench up...hurts me just to look at it.

Still waiting on Ty Lue's simple ass to substitute effectively. Would like to see Korver in the game more. Would love to see Jose Calderon get in when maybe Clarkson or JR get cold.

06-06-2018 12:03 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(06-06-2018 12:03 PM)koko Wrote:  

I hate the ‘day after’ officiating reports.

All they do is rub salt in the wound.

Basketball players with long nails should be denied entry until they’re clipped to a League standard.

I can’t tell you the number of times my arms and hands have been scratched so bad they’re bleeding (including just a few weeks ago). A guy looked at me and said you may want to go take care of that as blood is dripping off my arm.

Anyway, I expect the Cavs to step up and win this next game too.

06-06-2018 12:53 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(06-06-2018 12:53 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  Anyway, I expect the Cavs to step up and win this next game too.

Welp, I kinda figured the Cavs were doomed tonight when I read this post. ')

JR and Love both had a great first half though -- I was glad to see it.

KD was outstanding tonight. He really stepped up with Steph and Klay being far from their best.

06-07-2018 12:02 AM