Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GIVE ME YOUR KEYS!

Do any of you have experience with taking a senior's keys because they are at risk to themselves and others?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Never with a demented old person, certainly with drunk fuckers. Man, don't they get pissed! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-25-2018, 02:48 PM)Maggot Wrote: Never with a demented old person

Seniors don't like being told they are no longer as good at driving as they once were. Feelings get hurt and they get angry too. I don't want to be in this position, goddamnit.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My dad was smart enough to give them up and get a driver when the Bolivian surgeon fucked up his eye surgery, he lost near all the sight in his right eye and Bolivian traffic is, well, 3rd world at best
(05-25-2018, 03:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 02:48 PM)Maggot Wrote: Never with a demented old person

Seniors don't like being told they are no longer as good at driving as they once were. Feelings get hurt and they get angry too. I don't want to be in this position, goddamnit.

When I worked at a shop there was a customer who brought in his father's truck for this reason. Since they were someone the owner knew, he kept the truck in the shop for a while, but then the guy actually showed up one day asking to know if it was done yet and what was going on.
(05-25-2018, 12:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do any of you have experience with taking a senior's keys because they are at risk to themselves and others?

Nope. Dad hasn't driven a car in over 20 plus years. Which is good because Dad had road rage when he drove.

I know a very old Senior couple that both drive.

He walks and moves so slow, he couldn't jam on the brakes if his or your life depended on it!

She sometimes falls asleep behind the while while driving, but mostly while stopped at a red light.

Their desire to be independent, jepordises the public around them!

Both of them are an accident waiting to happen. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Sounds like he got boliviated.
So far my mom is showing good sense. She dislikes long distance travel so she doesn't do that (except for a couple hours to get to her house in Palm Springs). And she's mostly given up night driving.
Commando Cunt Queen