Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FIGHT CLUB! BARE KNUCKLE BOXING -- LEGALIZED & MONETIZED
I used to like watching boxing with my dad and later with my first serious boyfriend.

Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Frank the Animal Fletcher, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran....We went to a few parties and watched big name bouts on pay-per-view back when cable tv was still pretty new.

After watching a couple of very bloody bouts and learning more about the long-term effects on the participants, I didn't want to see anymore. I wasn't paying attention to boxing by the time Mike Tyson came along and bit an opponent's ear off.

Anyway....up until last night, the boxers were required to at least wear gloves. While MMA has been thriving for some time, bare-knuckle competition wasn't even considered when MMA was legalized.

Now, it's on. Last night, the state of Wyoming jumped at the chance to host the Bare Knuckle Fight Championships after 28 other states passed.
The first ever legal bare-knuckle boxing match in the U.S. got a bloody ending - and a big response from a raucous crowd of 2,000 at a hockey rink that usually hosts birthday parties and skating lessons in Wyoming's capital, Cheyenne.

Tens of thousands more tuned in for the pay-per-view event, which featured 10 bouts, including four heavyweight fights in a tournament format.

[Image: 4CDDD71D00000578-5799709-image-a-2_1528010978899.jpg]
Tony Lopez, left, and Joey Beltran trade blows during a heavyweight bout.
[Image: 4CDDD71100000578-5799709-Bec_Rawlings_le...139997.jpg]
In the female category, Bec Rawlings, left, defeated Alma Garcia.

The International Boxing Hall of Fame said the last significant (yet illegal) bare-knuckle bout was July 8, 1889, when John L. Sullivan went 75 rounds to beat Jake Kilrain.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...oming.html
---------------------------------------------------------

Anybody here into this shit? What's the draw?
Boxing and MMA are the only sports I like watching on TV. Bare-knuckled even better. It's not like they're being forced to do it so I don't feel bad about it. Every sport has it's price, they always get hurt someway somehow. Well maybe not ping pong.
I love ping pong and DID suffer an injury during a brutal match at a bar about 10 years ago. I dived way far over the corner of the table to pick up a return which had barely dropped over the net and bruised the shit out of my right leg. I'm a bad ass competitor alright.

The bruise lived for weeks, but the hangover the next day hurt the worst.

All contact sports come with risk of injury and it's the participant's choice to take that risk, that' true. People get hurt playing football, soccer, hockey, basketball....all the time.

I think what turned me off to boxing was that, unlike other sports, physically beating the daylights out of the opponent is the actual goal of the sport and is what determines the winner.
(06-03-2018, 04:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anybody here into this shit?

Not I. I don't find violence appealing yet I love the NFL. Go figure.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My husband said it's barbaric and it takes away from the boxers with real talent. Whatever, I guess it makes his pussy hurt.
It doesn't make my pussy hurt or anything. But, otherwise, I'm with the big Hungarian stoner on this one.

It makes boxing even less about strategy and more about maximum pain infliction.

It's one of many things that makes me question whether civilization is starting to devolve. Bare-knuckle boxing is almost as brutal as political discussion at the family reunion these days. Almost.

Barbaric and uncivilized, I tell ya. Dramaqueen
You make my pussy hurt.
(06-03-2018, 06:45 PM)BigMark Wrote: You make my pussy hurt.

Who -- me or Big Sal? The good kind of pussy pain or the bad kind?
Yes.
Well Biggie, if you're hinting that you're a glutton for punishment and just itching to get grabbed by the pussy by one of us .........you're finally gonna have to learn to hit the "Quote" button before you reply, or be more specific in your comments.

In the meantime, do you have any opinion on bare-knuckle boxing? And before you predictably respond with a simple "yes" to that inquiry...............what is your opinion?
Boxing gloves are on the participants hands to protect their hands from getting broken. Once they are broken they are pretty much useless.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
if you gave the clots chainsaws id still watch :2c:
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

Now your talking! Roman Gladiators never had chain saws!
(06-03-2018, 09:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: Now your talking! Roman Gladiators never had chain saws!

How you been Maggot pal?

Good to see you still about the place.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

I'm tired my friend. They make me work for a living, then when I think I'm done they make me work on the weekend. My cage always needs cleaning and the caretakers are on strike.
(06-03-2018, 09:24 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm tired my friend. They make me work for a living, then when I think I'm done they make me work on the weekend. My cage always needs cleaning and the caretakers are on strike.

You could have just said "The same as usual" god damned drama queen Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(06-03-2018, 09:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: Boxing gloves are on the participants hands to protect their hands from getting broken. Once they are broken they are pretty much useless.

That's true.

Bare knuckle boxing wreaks havoc on the boxer's hands.

But, boxing gloves also help protect the opponent's face and head.
It's how we really fight and relevant, the techniques will evolve.
(06-04-2018, 10:04 AM)BigMark Wrote: It's how we really fight and relevant, the techniques will evolve.

Who really fights like that?

Most people who get into the rare fist fight in daily life stop fighting when one of the fighters has established a clear advantage or a sane bystander (or cop) breaks it up. They don't keep bashing away at each other for sport.

Anyway, bare knuckle boxing looks to me like a distinct devolution of boxing technique, not evolution.