Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jenise Wright-Missing/Found Dead
Well, that'll teach me.

I think there are two Gabe Gaeta's -- one in Washington and one in California. Both the same age, both in athletics, both popular students.

I can't be sure whether the Instagram belong to the one from Washington, so I'm deleting that link and photo. Here's the photo of the suspect released by the local news.

[Image: Gabe-Gaeta.jpg]

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Jenise-w...60031.html
LOL, you had that other poor kid going up the river.
(08-11-2014, 04:48 PM)sally Wrote: LOL, you had that other poor kid going up the river.

I feel badly; I'm usually more careful.

The only person I've ever had to moderate in here is............me. Jesus.

I've learned my lesson. 50
(08-11-2014, 04:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The only person I've ever had to moderate in here is............me. Jesus.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I was thinking that there is definitely going to be a movie made about that kid. It just seemed too unbelievable lol.

I'm interested to see more about the real suspect. I tend to think these cases are nature over nurture even when they come from screw ball parents.
I am a strong believer in genetics and regardless of environment, some children are destined to become sociopaths. IMO, psychopaths are usually genetics.
Witness small children torturing animals (precursor to anti-social personality), etc. Sometimes there is abuse in the family, but not always. I think sometimes, a monster is born to the "perfect" parents. It happens...Monsters come in all shapes, sizes, colors, etc. Think Ted Bundy...Sadly, if you are born with the "killer" gene, no amount of intervention or medication can alter course of actions. I feel very strongly about pedophiles, and believe they should never be allowed out of prison as there is no cure. I think our children would be a lot safer if they were confined for life. There are many empty buildings belonging to the US Government from closing military bases, etc. We need to round pedophiles up and put them in these unoccupied buildings, hire people to guard them, thereby improving unemployment.
I don't know about a movie, sal, but the real suspect is still not the usual kind of suspect; at least not the profile that I'm used to seeing in this kind of case (based on what's known now).

Aside from the Instagram info, everything posted upthread pertains to the suspect Gabriel Gaeta in Washington.

He was a star high school wrestler, popular kid, lived with his brothers and two parents, attended the vigil, caught everyone off guard when he was arrested...

Here's a shot of him with his brothers from his dad's Facebook (it's in Spanish). Gabe is front left -- big kid.

[Image: 14959_465837860148966_615056541_n.jpg]

Here's a little more about the suspect from The Heavy:
http://heavy.com/news/2014/08/gabriel-ga...r-suspect/

This is his askfm profile page -- lots of info he posted about himself. Pretty normal sounding stuff, to me, for the most part.
http://ask.fm/Tacopizza1996

I don't know anything about the parents or the home life at this point, other than he says that he wishes his mother didn't have so many kids (on askfm).

LC felt the same way. She insisted time & again that those people cannot be rehabilitated.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-11-2014, 06:06 PM)Duchess Wrote: LC felt the same way. She insisted time & again that those people cannot be rehabilitated.

Gaeta faces a life sentence if convicted. LE upped the murder charge to first degree; apparently he confessed and confirmed that he was the only person involved.

Snip:
Kitsap County prosecutors filed court papers Monday afternoon, detailing probable cause to hold Gabriel Zebediah Gaeta, 17, on one count of first-degree murder and one count of first-degree rape.

In a probable-cause document, a detective wrote that Gaeta had been linked to the slaying of Jenise Wright through a match of his DNA to DNA found on bloody clothing recovered near Jenise’s body.

During an interview with investigators on Saturday, a highly distraught Gaeta “clearly nodded yes” when he was asked if he was the only one involved in Jenise’s death, the detective wrote.

An autopsy showed blunt-force trauma to Jenise’s head, as well as evidence of strangulation by ligature and sexual assault.

In the court papers, the murder allegation included the aggravating circumstances of concealing the commission of a crime and sexual motivation. The murder and rape allegations also listed the aggravating circumstance of a particularly vulnerable victim.

A judge found probable cause to hold Gaeta at a court hearing Monday afternoon. Bail has been set at $1 million.

(Jim) Wright said the teen had been to their house “many, many times” and was a friend of their older children.

Wright had even taken the teen under his wing, and taught him how to chop firewood to make extra money.

The teen’s mother had also been to their home, he said.

Story: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014...-as-adult/
---------------------------------------------------

Jenise's parents were at the hearing today.

I wonder if Gaeta had been molesting Jenise prior to the day he killed her, given that it sounds like he was around the family a fair deal and Jenise was often unsupervised in their shared neighborhood.

The Wrights are petitioning to get their 12 and 8 year-olds out of CPS custody and returned home.
(08-11-2014, 06:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

LC felt the same way. She insisted time & again that those people cannot be rehabilitated.

I don't see how you could rehabilitate them. These are people that have thoughts about children the same way normal men fantasize about women. You can't change that. Not unless you cut off their dicks and hands. It doesn't matter if they're 16 or 40, a pedo is a pedo. And I think they get off on killing the victim too, it's not just because they're scared of getting caught.
More details about the crime and the charges

Gaeta is being charged as an adult given the severity of the crimes.

Gaeta is facing murder and rape charges with "aggravating" circumstances - trying to conceal a crime, sexual motivation and vulnerable victim.

Jenise Wright's body was found Thursday, covered by a wood pallet and almost fully submerged in a muddy bog. It appeared that her body was moved between a half-hour and three hours after she died, according to the probable-cause statement.

Detectives interviewed the teen Saturday, during which time he nodded yes when the detective asked whether he was the only one involved, according to court documents. Authorities then served a search warrant on his home and found evidence, including a blood- and mud-covered shirt and a bloody towel in Gaeta's bedroom.

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Jenise-w...60031.html

------------------------------------------------
LE's got an airtight case against this teen -- DNA match, other physical evidence, and an apparent confession.

Unless Gaeta puts up and pulls off an insanity defense or he's offered some type of deal for a guilty plea up front, I think he's looking at life. I hope so anyway.
Here's the arrest and probable cause warrant: https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/201...prelim.pdf

Many of the details are already posted in the thread, but it's still a little difficult to read.

Jenise had multiple skull fractures. Gaeta was an 185+ pounds athlete and he essentially bashed the little girs's head in and strangled her after raping her (sex was pre-mortem).

Sounds like Gaeta acted pretty psycho during the interrogation -- real or fake? IDK.

The report states that Jenise's bloody underwear and shorts were found by searchers a few days before the body was found (her mom confirmed that they were Jenise's). It turns out that Jenise's body was submerged in mud only 15 to 20 feet from where her clothing was found. Shit, I'd think searchers would have combed that immediate area like crazy -- not that it matters much now -- just kinda surprised me.
(08-11-2014, 06:53 PM)sally Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 06:06 PM)Duchess Wrote: LC felt the same way. She insisted time & again that those people cannot be rehabilitated.

I don't see how you could rehabilitate them. These are people that have thoughts about children the same way normal men fantasize about women. You can't change that. Not unless you cut off their dicks and hands. It doesn't matter if they're 16 or 40, a pedo is a pedo. And I think they get off on killing the victim too, it's not just because they're scared of getting caught.

I think this guy is probably also a sociopath and agree that rehabilitation isn't a possibility.

Not only did he rape, beat and strangle the six-year-old sister of his very close friend, he plotted to cover it up. Then, he attended the vigil as if all was fine. Here he is at the vigil (from zoomed news footage at the event).

[Image: BuzZuOFCMAAord3.jpg:large]

Just a couple of days before that, he was supposedly too distraught over Jenise's disappearance to give DNA at this home (which put him on LE's radar, no doubt) -- until police came back a few days later.

When he was arrested, he was reportedly fine on the drive to the police station -- talking about his wrestling achievements and such. But, according to the arrest/probable cause warrant, when police started pressing him about killing Jenise, he went into some kind of trance -- until investigators left the room and he was suddenly fine again, probably completely unaware that he was being watched.

I believe Gabe Gaeta puts on a show of being ill and traumatized when it suits him; manipulator. He's fucked up beyond repair in my opinion too. I don't know if his friends, brothers, teammates, girlfriend, parents...ever had any clues. So far, it looks like he had everybody fooled.
I read in another story that Gaeta is currently undergoing psych eval and that his family is looking to move out of the Mobile Home Park (probably wise).

Bremerton police are investigating a case of arson and vandalism they say was perpetrated against family friends of the teen arrested in connection with the killing 6-year-old Jenise Wright.

Words left on the vandalized car indicated the acts were connected to the death of the girl, whose body was found in a muddy bog last week after she disappeared Aug. 2.

Jenise’s 17-year-old neighbor, Gabriel Z. Gaeta, was arrested Saturday, and is being held on investigation of first-degree murder, felony murder and first-degree rape of a child.

Strachan said the victims of the arson and vandalism are friends of Gaeta’s mother.

Because the suspect and his brothers were well known in high school sports, many people are familiar with the teen and his family and have strong feelings about the case, said Strachan.

Strachan said, “I do think most people understand that this destruction of property is absolutely the wrong way to respond to their intense feelings about the case.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014...cation=rss
Could you forgive?

Following the arrest of Gabriel Gaeta, James Wright told the Kitsap Sun that Gaeta was “part of the family” and among the many friends and neighbors welcomed into their lively home in the Steele Creek Mobile Home in East Bremerton.

Jim Wright said it is betrayal he didn’t see coming. “A family member infiltrating our family and creating harm. It’s much deeper than the harm done itself from the loss,“ Wright said. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Gabriel Gaeta “chose wrong,” but “I’ve already forgiven him,” James Wright told the Kitsap Sun.

“How can I be in (God’s) grace if I don’t forgive?” said Wright, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints.

Mr. and Mrs. Wright also told reporters that they miss their other two kids; they are fighting to regain custody. They asked the community not to blame the Gaeta family because it's not their fault.

Refs:
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/suspect-...ult/ngzSS/
http://seattletimes.com/html/picturethis...right.html
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014...e-suspect/
RIP Jenise

[Image: 2024327993.jpg]
Jenise's public memorial was held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in Silverdale, on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014.
Aggravated Rape and Murder Charges Filed in Adult Court -- Mental Competency Evaluation Pending

[Image: Court1_7335557_ver1.0_640_480.jpg]
Suspect Gabriel Gaeta hid his face under a coat (again) as he walked into court Friday.

The teenager accused of sexually assaulting and killing his 6-year-old neighbor Jenise Wright was charged as an adult Friday with aggravated murder and aggravated rape.

Gabriel Gaeta, 17, would face life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted of the murder charge in Kitsap County Superior Court. He will not face the death penalty - the maximum for aggravated murder in Washington state - because he is under 18.

Prosecutor Russ Hauge told The Kitsap Sun he's still waiting for the results of an evaluation of Gaeta's competency to stand trial.
GUILTY

[Image: gabe-top.jpg?quality=65&strip=all]

Three-and-a-half years after he was arrested for the rape and murder of 6-year-old Jenise Wright (right), Gabriel Gaeta (left) pleaded guilty Friday to those charges and could face 40 years to life in prison.

Gaeta was 17 at the time of his arrest and is now 21. He was charged as an adult and was initially declared incompetent to stand trial. After treatment, he was deemed mentally competent and chose to plead guilty rather than stand trial. His sentencing is scheduled for May 21.

Attorneys will jointly recommend the 40-year minimum sentence to Kitsap County Superior Court Judge Jennifer Forbes. Gaeta pleaded guilty to aggravated first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child.

Ref:
http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/2018...344289002/
Case Closed

[Image: 636649320895000704-Gabriel-Gaeta.jpg]

Gabriel Gaeta was sentenced today to 40 years in prison for the rape and brutal murder of his six-year-old neighbor Jenice Wright back in 2014. Gaeta was 17 at the time. He doesn't even look like the same person four years later.

Gaeta cried during his sentencing.

'I can't put into words how bad I feel about this,' Gaeta wrote in a statement read to the judge by his lawyer. 'I wish I could make amends for it. I don't know why I did it.'

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...years.html