Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I think it is time to get a gun
Unless you have the determination to kill someone at a moments notice a gun will be taken from and used against you.
(07-13-2018, 10:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: Unless you have the determination to kill someone at a moments notice a gun will be taken from and used against you.

How many people do you tell that to?
F.U. would be the guy to answer any gun questions.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-13-2018, 10:02 PM)Love Child Wrote: Awesome advice Duchess! Thanks!

It's just common sense, honey. Like most anything, with some practice one begins to feel more comfortable. You don't want to be nervous in a situation when you would need your wits about you the most.

I think it's very cool that you are being pro-active. We have to be able to depend on ourselves when needed. You don't ever want to be a damsel in distress waiting on the white knight. We want that power for ourselves. Awink
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-14-2018, 03:48 AM)Love Child Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 10:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: Unless you have the determination to kill someone at a moments notice a gun will be taken from and used against you.

How many people do you tell that to?

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully
So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I never even met you
So what could I have done
I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand
People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully
Help me understand
Now you're punching and you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fist
I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand
^ i recommend Dépêche Mode 81-04 The Remixes.

Excellent.
This. You don't pull out a gun to scare someone, you pull it out to kill someone.
(07-16-2018, 09:57 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
This. You don't pull out a gun to scare someone, you pull it out to kill someone.

What they said above is very true.

In my youth, I used to have a friend who was 5'-9" tall and weight 100 lbs dripping wet. He had a chip on his shoulder and a short temper fuse, always looking to starts fights in the clubs we went to.

He thought and acted like he was "10" feet tall, due to the fact he was packin a 38 in an ankle holster!

Well one night, my friend got into a ruckus with a big ole guy, so he pulled his gun out, and before he knew it the big ole guy was faster then him, and took the gun away from my friend and shot him in the groin!

As it turned out the guy said he was aiming for my friends balls! Cops came and took them both away!

I decided it would be in my best interest to let this friendship go by the wayside. Crazy things we've done in our foolish youth! Live and learn.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Glock 9mm 19 compact about 500.00 Take a gun safety class also about 100.00 then fire and clean it at least once a month.
I haven't gotten a gun yet. I mean of course I have one-don't come mess with me!

At this point I really want one for the trails-in case I come upon that cougar or rattle snake! Will that glock kill those?

I honestly don't know if I want to have a gun in my possesion. It is a lot of responsibilty.

I reckon a blunderbus would be awesome
(03-16-2019, 10:37 PM)MirahM Wrote: I haven't gotten a gun yet. I mean of course I have one-don't come mess with me!

At this point I really want one for the trails-in case I come upon that cougar or rattle snake! Will that glock kill those?

I honestly don't know if I want to have a gun in my possesion. It is a lot of responsibilty.

A gun is a tool; there are many different guns just as there are many different hammers. Choosing a weapon is based on its intended use, the person using it, and how much training you've had. Women learning to  shoot should take a class first. That way you can be exposed to various weapons and different ammo before purchase. Choose something that is comfortable to carry and fire; recoil can hurt if it over powers the shooter. Get a proper holster, one that allows fast access and ease of operation. Then practice, practice, practice.

All guns can be lethal; what is important is putting the round where it will do its job.
(03-16-2019, 10:37 PM)MirahM Wrote: I honestly don't know if I want to have a gun in my possesion. It is a lot of responsibilty.

It is a lot of responsibility but knowing how to handle one properly does add a level of comfort. I don't like guns but because they are in my home I had to learn how to use them. I used to go out on a consistent basis and practice, I no longer do that. I don't want to target practice, I don't want to handle them at all. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
If you decide to start shooting, you are correct that it comes with huge responsibility.

The people in this video did not approach the idea with that in mind, and those you hear laughing are dangerous.

With proper education and training, shooting is safe and a hell of a lot of fun.

happy shooting
(03-16-2019, 08:40 PM)Maggot Wrote: Glock 9mm 19 compact about 500.00 Take a gun safety class also about 100.00 then fire and clean it at least once a month.

Ahem. Now they are 900.00
You guys will never get rid of guns. No way. So you have to have a strict procedure in place that addresses gun crime. There is nothing wrong with that. If you can come together and realise that guns aren't going anywhere, then you are going to have to come up with bullet proof technology and solutions that exist in such a gorgeous country. The USA citizens deserve to go to church or school or whatever, without some idiot playing the bigshot as though he is on the Godfather.

Will take intelligence, bipartisan and people's desperate desire for solutions.

If I lived in the USA one of my first purchases would be a gun. For safety. You need it over there.
(12-24-2021, 11:25 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: ...If I lived in the USA one of my first purchases would be a gun. For safety. You need it over there.

It didn't use to be that way, aussie.
(12-24-2021, 12:07 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 11:25 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: ...If I lived in the USA one of my first purchases would be a gun. For safety. You need it over there.

So it has just gotten out of control. You are vulnerable if you are a woman living on your own, there is a predator around every corner. I think a gun and getting regular gun lessons and practice, gives you confidence to protect yourself. Otherwise, these people have no scruples about killing a person in cold blood that they don't even know.
(12-24-2021, 12:10 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 12:07 PM)rothschild Wrote:

So it has just gotten out of control. You are vulnerable if you are a woman living on your own, there is a predator around every corner. I think a gun and getting regular gun lessons and practice, gives you confidence to protect yourself. Otherwise, these people have no scruples about killing a person in cold blood that they don't even know.

It's more complicated than that. Mental health has deteriorated to a point that the likelihood of being attacked is increasing exponentially. This is largely the result of the failed socio-economic policies that both parties have supported.

You also have to consider the fact that there are many places in America where you will be prosecuted and probably convicted for defending yourself, and as you probably know, if you aren't prepared to shoot to kill, you are much better off not having a firearm.