SAFETY FIRST ;)

Do you wear your seatbelt every time you're in a vehicle?

Do you ever not use your signal lights? Is that you? 16
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I use the seatbelt on the highway and I use my turn signals when there are other people on the road.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Always to both even if no one is around.
I never wore a seatbelt until circa 2000.

That's the year my friend and neighbor had his horrific car accident!
He always bragged he never wore his seat belt, he didn't believe in them.
One night coming home from his Elks meeting, He smashed his car into a cement bridge abutment. He was flung into the steering wheel, and dashboard, the headliner, and the door. Visiting him in the hospital, he was a mess! He broke both wrists, both ankles, his right arm and leg, his jaw, and some ribs, also he was bruised all over internally. He bounced all over the inside of the car like a pin ball!

"The cops" said if he was wearing his seatbelt the majority if not all of those injuries would not have occurred!

From that day on, I wore my seatbelt! Driving, and also when a passenger.

Today, I feel naked, not wearing a seatbelt.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I always use my signals, it just seems to come naturally. My seatbelt not so much. When I was a kid we didn't even have seatbelts in the car. I never did get used to putting one on.

I always made my kids where them though and they just automatically put them on when they get in a car. That horrible accident my son was in might not have ended up with only minor injuries had he not been wearing one. Since then I remind myself to put it on.
(07-13-2018, 01:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you wear your seatbelt every time you're in a vehicle?

Do you ever not use your signal lights? Is that you? 16

Seatbelt, never wear one. It chafes my nipples.

Signals, use them all the time. The other driver's ahead of me. Not so much.
Sometimes early in the morning I come to a red light, if there is nobody on the road I just go. One of the main reasons there are traffic jams is because of red lights and the only reason they are there is because people are to stupid to go by the rules of the road. During a power outage you never see traffic jams. At least not around here.

I think in Florida and a few other states there are cameras at every light, if you even go over the line a smidgeon you end up getting a ticket in the mail. It becomes a control law rather than a safety law at that point. Leaving no room for common sense.
I did do 140 on the way to vegas.
Always wear my seatbelt, and use my signal when my actions affect other drivers.

My signal use drives my wife nuts, btw.
My husband was following me somewhere one day (I can't remember where) and I purposely kept putting the blinker on the opposite way I was turning. He didn't think it was as funny as I did.
(07-14-2018, 09:23 AM)Maggot Wrote: Sometimes early in the morning I come to a red light, if there is nobody on the road I just go.

My boss does that no matter the time of day. She used to look at me and say HANG ON. Fuckin' aye. I can't express how much I hated that. I've got a ton of stories like that. It took me years to finally tell her that I won't ride with her any more.
(07-14-2018, 06:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-14-2018, 09:23 AM)Maggot Wrote: Sometimes early in the morning I come to a red light, if there is nobody on the road I just go.

My boss does that no matter the time of day. She used to look at me and say HANG ON. Fuckin' aye. I can't express how much I hated that. I've got a ton of stories like that. It took me years to finally tell her that I won't ride with her any more.

I don't like driving with my brother either. He stops short, glances down at his phone instead of watching the road, drives way too fast and crazy, and makes illegal U-turns. On second thought, maybe I should start wearing a seatbelt.
(07-13-2018, 07:27 PM)Carsman Wrote: .
I never wore a seatbelt until circa 2000.

That's the year my friend and neighbor had his horrific car accident!
He always bragged he never wore his seat belt, he didn't believe in them.
One night coming home from his Elks meeting, He smashed his car into a cement bridge abutment. He was flung into the steering wheel, and dashboard, the headliner, and the door. Visiting him in the hospital, he was a mess! He broke both wrists, both ankles, his right arm and leg, his jaw, and some ribs, also he was bruised all over internally. He bounced all over the inside of the car like a pin ball!

"The cops" said if he was wearing his seatbelt the majority if not all of those injuries would not have occurred!

From that day on, I wore my seatbelt! Driving, and also when a passenger.

Today, I feel naked, not wearing a seatbelt.

And always use the signal lights!! For my safety! Not to mention, it's the law here!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

In my cup holder I have one of those boat blast horns for when I'm behind someone at a red light that is on their phone, if they just sit there when the light turns green they get blasted by my boat horn, I've made more than a couple people jump in their seats doing that. I haven't been behind a woman putting on her makeup at a red light yet though.

I've seen people do a number of things behind the wheel...making out, eating with utensils, reading a book, picking their nose, a shit ton of nose pickers, just because they are along in the car they all seem to think no one can see them!
(07-15-2018, 10:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I've seen people do a number of things behind the wheel...making out, eating with utensils, reading a book, picking their nose, a shit ton of nose pickers, just because they are along in the car they all seem to think no one can see them!

Oh I know they can see me pick my nose. I just don't care. I'd rather have a comfortable nose than worry if some stranger or even friend saw me pick my nose.

Knock it off, you're never going to get a date if she sees you picking your nose. Treat it like breastfeeding, take that shit to the bathroom.

Sarcastic
Then he eats them.
He should stick them on the steering wheel so his brother gets a nice little surprise when he takes the car.

I don't know why I have to tell him this stuff.
Ever pulled one out and it tugged on your brain?