Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Declares Linux *BAD*
With the failing economy on top of the lack of enthusiasm for Microsoft's new generation of software 'leases' and poor implementation of the 'Vista' model, 'Open Source' software is gaining a wider appeal. Microsoft has noticed.

With sweat on their brow and nervous backward glances, Microsoft is making an attempt to 'scare' developers away from Open Source software. The attempt falls flat on its face and only proves that Microsoft is beginning to feel the competition nipping away at its heels.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/06/02/..._a_cancer/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/02/16/...nnovation/

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20010216
Is it just me or is everyone else seeing those "cut back on unsightly stomach fat" ads everyfuckingwhere?
::dunno::
They're eveywhere. EVERYWHERE! ::gahh::

LuMPyPussy Wrote:They're eveywhere. EVERYWHERE! ::gahh::
Ah, ok... 'Google Ads'.

I get different ones (something about IT Management and some cartoon). They display based on the data Google has gathered on you, trying to target the display ad audiences. Apparently, Google thinks you're fat. ::aww::

Edit: After refreshing a dozen times or so, I also got an ad in Spanish. ::lmao::Just goes to show how accurate their data collection is.
Maybe because I just google mapped Jerusalem.

That's just weird.
SyberBitch Wrote:. Apparently, Google thinks you're fat. ::aww::
\

And apparently, Yahoo thinks I am a man seeking to have some male enhancement. If the spam in my inbox is any indication.
Don't you guys have an ad blocker on your browser? I surf ad free Smiley_emoticons_smile
The Antagonist Wrote:Don't you guys have an ad blocker on your browser? I surf ad free Smiley_emoticons_smile
Mine only blocks pop ups..not banner ads right on the sites.
Mine blocks them all unless I put "safe sites" in my filter.

I hate ads. Especially those floating ones.
Look at this, there are THREE of those fucking things on here! I'm getting paranoid that my computer thinks I need to lose unsightly stomach fat.

LuMPyPussy Wrote:Look at this, there are THREE of those fucking things on here! I'm getting paranoid that my computer thinks I need to lose unsightly stomach fat.

As much as it pains me to say it, it's not you. They are everywhere.

Now go fuck yourself. Smiley_emoticons_wink
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
The Antagonist Wrote:Don't you guys have an ad blocker on your browser? I surf ad free Smiley_emoticons_smile
Yup & I too, surf ad free.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I use Firefox and I used to have a plugin that stripped ALL of the advertising banners out, which was great!!

But, it also stripped out things I WANTED to see, especially images in forums and certain other things. I tried for months to get it to work properly, 'allowing' websites and such, but never could get it to cooperate, so I finally removed it and had to completely reinstall Firefox to get it to work correctly again. :( Maybe it's improved since then though.
[Image: linux_vs_microsoft.jpg]
Mahahah... nice
well, duh. why Linux in the first place... foreals yo
Momster Wrote:well, duh. why Linux in the first place... foreals yo
Because Bill Gates is the devil.