Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Superbowl is gonna suck
Whether it's the Eagles or the Cardinals for the NFC, they cannot come close to the quality of Pittsburgh or Baltimore. At this point I am tired of Worthlessburger, so I am rooting for Flacco to get the rookie class to the Superbowl and stick it to Warner.

yea but if the Steelers win Big Ben will have 2 rings. very few quarterbacks can say that. And if Flacco wins he has to be the first player from University of Delaware to ever win.....anything.
Liquid Wrote:yea but if the Steelers win Big Ben will have 2 rings. very few quarterbacks can say that. And if Flacco wins he has to be the first player from University of Delaware to ever win.....anything.

I wonder if Brady will get any more rings. Ben does nothing for me. He is just part of a bigger organization designed by Cowher. Like a smaller version of King Bill Belichick. Look at how New England took a QB that never even started a game in college and squeezed out 11 wins this year. Brady would have gone 18-0 again.

You are wrong about Delaware with regard to one person. Rich Gannon was NFL MVP, went to the Pro Bowl four times, won the Pro Bowl MVPtwo times, and won an AFC Championship. To this day he holds the NFL records for most completions in a season, most 300+ yard games in a season, most consecutive 300+ yard games, most consecutive completions in a game, and most completions in a game.

IMHO, Gannon just got stuck on some less than stellar teams. Like Warren Moon, another great QB of our generation.

AnonyMoose Wrote:
Liquid Wrote:yea but if the Steelers win Big Ben will have 2 rings. very few quarterbacks can say that. And if Flacco wins he has to be the first player from University of Delaware to ever win.....anything.

I wonder if Brady will get any more rings. Ben does nothing for me. He is just part of a bigger organization designed by Cowher. Like a smaller version of King Bill Belichick. Look at how New England took a QB that never even started a game in college and squeezed out 11 wins this year. Brady would have gone 18-0 again.

You are wrong about Delaware with regard to one person. Rich Gannon was NFL MVP, went to the Pro Bowl four times, won the Pro Bowl MVPtwo times, and won an AFC Championship. To this day he holds the NFL records for most completions in a season, most 300+ yard games in a season, most consecutive 300+ yard games, most consecutive completions in a game, and most completions in a game.

IMHO, Gannon just got stuck on some less than stellar teams. Like Warren Moon, another great QB of our generation.
you are right about Gannon, but how was I supposed to remember that it was so long ago, lol.

Brady, who is one of the greatest players of all time, will be as good as his surgically repaired body allows him to be. He may never be the same, or he might still have some of the magic that made him so highly respected. The surgery he had was major and had complications. that is why they slapped the franchise tag on his never used replacement. that way if he comes back and is not the same, they have a very good replacement already there. And if someone has enough balls to pick up Cassel the Pats will get 2 first round picks and just reload the talent
I was just slightly dissapointed that the Giants are out. But am glad the Jets got wasted. I think Favre needs to retire..again..and stay retired.
I really want Arizona to win. They deserve it.
Momster Wrote:I really want Arizona to win. They deserve it.
WHY do they deserve it? Because Kurt Warner is a God Freak? Because they have sucked for so long?
It's shaping up to be an all Pennsylvania Bowl this year, in Super Bowl XLIII, Tampa, Fla....and you're fuckin' wrong, with McNabb playin' against that #1 ranked Pitt. defense...Fucked up, exciting shit is bound to happen.

It's true, defense does win Championships, the number One, Two and Three ranked defenses are still in it.

Flacco, the 'Super Rookie', is not the 'one' winning it 'all' for the Ravens...he only has 20 combined pass completions in his first two playoff games, Yet, not unlike Ben Roethlisberger in his 2005 Super Bowl run, the quarterback receives a good deal of the glory, whether they truly deserve it or not.

It's going to be fun to watch, how ever it turns out.
[Image: borndragon.gif]
Liquid Wrote:
Momster Wrote:I really want Arizona to win. They deserve it.
WHY do they deserve it? Because Kurt Warner is a God Freak? Because they have sucked for so long?
Because they DID suck for so long. They are playing really well in the playoffs, even if they didn't have the greatest reg season record. 8-8 sucks balls, but did you SEE THEM on Saturday? Freaking beautiful D if you ask me!