Does this look 'real' to you?
I've been farting around online for about 8 - 9 years now and I've seen a lot of people try to present themselves as something they aren't. I knew a guy that fooled a lot of people for nearly a year by posting as a young woman... he had a faithful following of gullible men madly in love with his online persona.

I've seen tons of those sexy avatars used by overweight women with facial hair... seriously, what is it with homely women using those? It's false advertising, if you ask me. (I've got a photo of one such woman posing in her bra after she apparently decided she didn't need to use a sexy avatar because she's hot hot hot, if you can believe it... it's pretty awful if anyone's interested.)

Anyway! There's a new member at Baldi's rainbow and butterflies forum and her very attractive avatar sent my bullshit meter pinging.

Am I just a cynical bitch or does this photo look TOO good?

[Image: jazzy.jpg]
M, it doesn't look like one of those goofy Glamour Shots, but I'm not photography knowledgeable, to be honest. But I agree. My BS meter is pinging away like mad, too. Toogood says it perfectly.
could be real. obviously that person does exist and it is not a cartoon, so who knows. looks a lot like a picture of my wife that was done a few years ago.
Liquid Wrote:could be real. obviously that person does exist and it is not a cartoon, so who knows. looks a lot like a picture of my wife that was done a few years ago.
Well, you know about doctoring pictures. You've done a bunch that I've seen. Can a person make themselves look vastly different from what they really do with basic photoshop software or what? I know shit about doctoring pictures.
Yes, you can make someone look a lot different with a photo editing programme.

For instance, you can darken, lighten, smooth, alter colours, clone out wrinkles etc etc. The list is pretty endless really. It all depends on how good and patient the editor is.
I'm thinking low-tech here... it looks like a professionally taken photo of a professional model that might've been lifted by this person. That was another popular thing to do back when I frequented MSN chatrooms... you've never seen so many gorgeous model types.
Howard_hopkinso Wrote:Yes, you can make someone look a lot different with a photo editing programme.

For instance, you can darken, lighten, smooth, alter colours, clone out wrinkles etc etc. The list is pretty endless really. It all depends on how good and patient the editor is.

Maybe if I poked around on my program I could figure some of this shit out, but I have ZERO patience, so I probably couldn't do much with a picture. The best I can do is cover shit that isn't meant for public view, but it is very obvious that I have done it, like this picture;

here are some of my favorite Photoshop makeover videos - these really show what you can do and are worth watching

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QSZ4Y55io0
2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chd6FC6AAD8
3) Fat to thin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOljR7tbV-Y
Thanks for the links Liquid, most enlightening.

Just goes to show what can be done with skill and patience.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:...I've seen tons of those sexy avatars used by overweight women with facial hair... seriously, what is it with homely women using those? It's false advertising, if you ask me.
Hubby and I once moderated an adult "friends" site and we saw quite a few doctored pics. One of the things we did was meet with the individuals in person to make sure they were who they claimed to be online. Let me tell you, the photos did not represent most of those couples accurately at all! Even using pictures of yourself from years ago is false if you no longer look like those pictures. Of course, if you mention that you are using a picture from long ago then changes are to be expected.

Since that experience, I have always kept in mind that most often people who are online, that I have not met in person are most likely whoever they are choosing to be while online and far be it for me to burst their bubble. Some people live out their entire "fabricated" existence online as some fictional character that they have created and pose as while they meet new personalities on the web.

::dunno::

The moral of this story is....Always remember and try never to forget, whenever you talk, chat, PM, with someone online, you are communicating with a personality only...

NOT A REAL PERSON!
[that is, of course, until you meet them face to face]
::bigg::
I'm pretty much just me... I'm too lazy to make up and maintain another persona.
I'm a photographer and can do amazing things with photoshop. Its not too hard if you have the patience and will to learn. And that looks like a professional pic that was edited to make them look flawless. There are NO Facial lines. That isn't real IMO
Decieving yes pictures are.

[Image: Yoda.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maggot Wrote:Decieving yes pictures are.

[Image: Yoda.jpg]
Oh I love it! Yoda chillin' havin' a doobie and contemplating the forces of the munchie side...hahaha::lmao::
Long time ago I passed myself off as a gay guy, just to mess with some asshole who was bugging me. He was bugging me for cyber sex..which I was in NO way interested in. I told him fine, if I could be on top and stick my 7 hard inches to him all night long.

Never heard from the fucker again. ::dlaugh::
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:(I've got a photo of one such woman posing in her bra after she apparently decided she didn't need to use a sexy avatar because she's hot hot hot, if you can believe it... it's pretty awful if anyone's interested.)
Pic please
Post it you tease!
Remember. You DID ask...

This is "Sexy Cherie"
[Image: bluebra.jpg]
No Way !...That's a chick ?...Hahahaha...It's kinda pitiful too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
On bequest of medicinal prayer contributions. I would like to place the following dick-slurper'sin a special bowl of slop, Surrounded by rancid fish, I can only hope that maggot's fall from the ceiling into your dish of steel, with the sound of many raindrops.

[user=7]Sinister[/user]

[user=69]Howard_hopkinso[/user]

[user=47]Liquid[/user]

[user=35]LittleMissPoopyPants[/user]

[user=61]Zenith[/user]

[user=85]Momster[/user]
May you all rot in hell!::dlaugh::

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.