Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got another kitty!
Thank you kindly Mistress.

That tshirt trick I've been using for years and years. I've used it on hamsters, mice, dogs, cats and even horses. Of course hamsters and mice only need a small section and you MUST keep careful watch for loose threads as hamsters pouch things and any kind of loose thread can be deadly.

the longer you can wear the shirt and get it 'smelly' the better. And if you have a (ahem) gentleman friend wear it while you're doing the nasty so it stinks of him too.

It'll help kitty. Sit with him when he eats too. There is not much need to talk much but just being there and acting normal is the biggest help.
Thanks ladies, I think I might've gotten through to him that he's safe (my other cat has been confined to the bedroom and has spent maybe five minutes out in the living room in three days. I don't think that'd be enough to freak him out more than he already was.)

I stuck my arm under the couch as far as I could and he's gradually working his way up and actually had his head poked out while I rubbed him.

I stopped at the store and got some rottiserie (sp) chicken that I plan on giving him this evening. I gave him baby food this morning and he must've thought it smelled like poo because he managed to get a magazine on top of it.

He's such a sweet boy.
Poopy, did Bernie eat the chicken last night ?...Have you been able to give him a cuddle yet ?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
He had one tiny piece of chicken then moved away and wouldn't let me near him after that.

I'm really getting concerned about him. I'm giving it one more day, then I'm contacting the lady that had him and asking her if she thinks she should come pick him up.

I can't imagine an animal letting itself die because it's moved to a new environment. :(
You really should try my way. He needs to be confined to a smaller area not your old cat. You're disrupting the order of the house according to them. When Bernie finally comes around, the old guy will be pissed at him because you have made him second in line under Bernie.

Although you want Bernie to becomfortable in his new home, throwing him into a big environment like that is frightening to him and then sticking your hand inside his safe hideout, you frighten him more. I know your intentions are well meaning but he does not understand that from a cat's point of view.

You need to think like him and not expect him to think like you. He can't.

Put him in the bathroom for a day or two. You can carefully monitor his food and water intake and it will be a small confined enough of an area for him to start to settle in. Make it cozy and attractive and do the tshirt thing and give him time.

He won't starve himself to death. I dont think any animal has. He's just overwhelmed.
But my older cat considers the bedroom and bathroom HER domain. And I really don't have any other way to separate them since I'm in a one bedroom apartment.

I'm not that concerned about the food situation but he's not drinking water and he's barely urinating. I know cats' kidneys can shut off pretty easily and I'm getting freaked out that I'm causing irreparable harm.

I appreciate the suggestions, but I think it's best if Bernie goes back to his original home. She might think she's just a foster mom, but it looks like Bernie is strongly attached to her and unhappy anywhere else... at least here. This wasn't a good idea.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:But my older cat considers the bedroom and bathroom HER domain. And I really don't have any other way to separate them since I'm in a one bedroom apartment.

That makes sense now.

You may be right. When a cat is fostered in one place for such a long time they have deep bonds there. They don't like disruptions much and there are very few cats that 'go with the flow' so to speak.

I would get a kitten or just stay with one cat until this one has finished living life (sorry that may sound awful, I just cant' find 'delicate' words for that reality). He'll be quite content staying alone you know.

House cats actually prefer to be alone than be kept in large groups. They will tolerate other cats and most times get along with them but there is more discontent among multi cat homes than peace.

The domestic house cat's closest wild 'cousin' is the tiger which, by the way, is a solitary animal. They share similar gene pools and character traits.
The Antagonist Wrote:House cats actually prefer to be alone than be kept in large groups. They will tolerate other cats and most times get along with them but there is more discontent among multi cat homes than peace.

This is another thing I didn't know. When I was working in animal medicine and bringing home sick and injured cats, there didn't seem to be a problem. But then, I would keep the new kid in a carrier or in Bogey's crate because I didn't want the new one injured by the rambunctious tenants of my place.

And my sister has a cat she's had for about 8 years and just recently adopted a new one. He had to be confined to the bathroom to teach him he has to pee and shit in the litterbox, not in the house plants or her son's bed. The two of them get along fabulously now, but the new kid was a kitten when he came to sis's house. The two cats have a blast playing together!

Just a stroke of good luck, or the new kid was confined, or the new kid was a babyor what?

Like I said; I'm better with dogs than cats. :Blush:
Poor Bernie & poor Poopy too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I can't believe I am in this girly cuddles cute kitten thread.::bang::::bang::::bang::::bang::

******************::angrier:Smiley_emoticons_bussi************************Fuck!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Apparently you belong here cuddly kitty boy. If you don't like it leave.

Sin, your cat acclimated because of a combo of the two.... it's youth and you let it acclimate.
The Antagonist Wrote:Sin, your cat acclimated because of a combo of the two.... it's youth and you let it acclimate.

Sister's cat, but I knew what you meant.

Gus (the new kid) walked into her house and strutted around as if he owned the place. When Maui (the older one) saw him, she went ballistic. Then she wouldn't speak to my sister for a couple days. Now they curl up and sleep together, wrestle, steal toys from each other, ambush each other and are great entertainment for my nephew, the Punkin Hed. That's him....my Punkin Hed. He's 13 now, though.

I don't care if this is the fucking Mock forum, someone bettersay how fucking cute my Punkin Hed is, dammit!! ::angrier:: I'll kick someone's ass.....
He is CUTE!!

That threat convinced me. I may be afraid............ but I didn't get my butt kicked ( [size=1]this time )[/size]
Fuck Pumpkin head, fuck cats, fuck newbie, and fuck this cute shit.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:Fuck Pumpkin head, fuck cats, fuck newbie, and fuck this cute shit.
[Image: zombie-cat.jpg]
Middle Finger Wrote:Fuck Pumpkin head, fuck cats, fuck newbie, and fuck this cute shit.

Can't you read? It is not Pumpkin Head, it is Punkin Hed. Are you seriously that illiterate?

And anyone fucks with my nephew, that might be the last mistake they ever make. Trust me on this; he is smarter than every person here combined. A child prodigy, he is.
First, how about not posting pics of people you don't want mocked? I'm sure Pumkin Prodigy Head would get that. That sounds very smart to me. Just sayin, it does. Post them on a fucking Disney family site or something if you want everyone to be sweet or whatever you seem to be expecting.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:First, how about not posting pics of people you don't want mocked? I'm sure Pumkin Prodigy Head would get that. That sounds very smart to me. Just sayin, it does. Post them on a fucking Disney family site or something if you want everyone to be sweet or whatever you seem to be expecting.
Go fuck yourself. How 'bout that? ::bigg::
Middle Finger Wrote:First, how about not posting pics of people you don't want mocked? I'm sure Pumkin Prodigy Head would get that. That sounds very smart to me. Just sayin, it does. Post them on a fucking Disney family site or something if you want everyone to be sweet or whatever you seem to be expecting.

Exactly.

If you run it up the mock flagpole don't act so shocked when some people decide to piss on it.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.