Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rooster's and Chickens
I am watching a show on PBS about a guy that moved into a town and started raising Roosters. Well these birds every morning would crow like crazy driving everyone nuts he has 100 Roosters. Kinda funny in a way asto hear the stories from the neighbors......Quote from the Rooster farmer after the people ousted him "bunch of crying Yuppies"::dlaugh:: What I learned from this is that chickens lead a really horrible life. Last year I helped design a methane vapor ventilation removal system from these huge chicken coups that house 250,000 chickens. After seeing the conditions that they live in I kinda started to hate anything that has chicken in it.

On a side note there is a lady in the show that gave a chicken mouth to beak resuscitation after the bird had frozen to death (or so she thought) the bird ended up coming back to life and later she started asking the bird if it went to heaven and saw a light at the end of a tunnel..........the bird clucked.

Mike the headless chicken lived for quite a while without a head. 18 months!

Mikes story
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I saw a documentary once on the whole farm animal/chicken thing ... disgusting and sad.
86 112
This thread deserves more love than it got. Mike the chicken had fame, fortune and wealth then threw it all away with a sneeze.
It's kinda sad about Mike.

Mike was a bird brain, kinda cocky, and never had a good head on his shoulders anyway.

He shouldn't have been strutting around near the pepper mill, but that's just who he was.

RIP Mike.

I've never liked the idea of an animal having to die in order to feed me. It disgusts me. That probably plays the biggest role in why I rarely eat meat.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Why would anybody design a methane vapor ventilation removal system? Just don't install it in the first place. [Image: icon_blink.gif]
The part about the headless chicken made me really sad. : (

Who designed the methane remover? Was that in the show?

Was this chicken coup with 250,000 chickens in the show?

I hate seeing chicken trucks on the highway. Chickens stuffed into cages. Ugh.

I grew up on a farm, watched my father butcher chickens.

I also had a pet chicken.
To be a feminist is simply to believe that everybody should be treated equally, regardless of sex. It means you think that there should be equality of the sexes economically, socially, politically and personally. When you put it like that, it’s surely difficult for anybody to deny being a feminist. But for such a simple concept, it is often dramatically misunderstood.

(11-17-2015, 11:53 PM)BigMark Wrote: Why would anybody design a methane vapor ventilation removal system? Just don't install it in the first place. [Image: icon_blink.gif]

The chicken shit created the methane and it became overwhelming at times it was basically a pcd coated steel hood on one end of the building with an exhaust fan and an intake from the other side with a long sleeve about 120 ft long with holes in it that mixed the air near the ceiling called a sock made from nylon. like a make up air unit all it really did was mix the air from the top of the structure pushing the heat and methane down the side with the exhaust kicking on after about 10 min. It created positive pressure in the building so the methane was mixed better and not so concentrated. They noticed about 30% heat recovery from the system after a few years of use and the air was a better quality afterwards. its used quite a bit now in larger buildings just to mix the heat from the ceiling back down into the space.

Your mom may benefit from the same type of setup in your bathroom.
Your post states you designed a system to remove the ventilation. LOL!
(11-18-2015, 02:51 PM)BigMark Wrote: Your post states you designed a system to remove the ventilation. LOL!

Yeah it deserved a slash there between the words.

word [Image: th?id=OIP.Mf25bce02e482812fb459b5150423b...=300&h=300] word