Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anne & Nancy Wilson ~ Heart
Add as many more pompous, greedy and over the top big mouth liberal musicians who fancy themselves the political voice of anyone who listens to music.

So, regardless of your political leanings, the RNC was held this past week. Sarah Palin made a HUGE hit and her nickname is Sarah Barracuda because she is a huge reformist. She'll bite your political greedy ass no matter what party you belong to.

At the end of the convention they played music, like they do at all conventions...... guess what song they played? Correctomundo..... Barracuda, for Sarah Palin.

The next day the dopey Wilson sisters bitched they didn't have permission to play their songs because it gives the impression they are endorsing John McCain. ::nuts::

Appallingly, John McCain is a huge Abba fan ::nuts::and has been forbidden to use Abba songs after they caught him playing one very early on in his campaign.

WHO THE FUCK TOLD THESE PEOPLE THEY CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHO PLAYS THE MUSIC THEY SELL?

Wtf? I mean if someone bought the record it's theirs to play wherever they fucking want. Now there are restriction on who plays what where at a private event? Or even a public one? Fuck them. Goddamn music Nazi's.

according to ASACAP, BMI and SEASAC you are wrong. I pay all 3 of these organizations thousands and thousands a year for the right to play their songs in certain settings (bars, restaurants, corporate events). It is an amazing scam, but if you were a musician you would want the protection of your music. I agree that it was STUPID for Heart to react as they did and I imagine in this setting they would have lost, but just not worth the battle.
that damn anne wilson can sing! they should be pleased for the plug.

Liquid Wrote:according to ASACAP, BMI and SEASAC you are wrong. I pay all 3 of these organizations thousands and thousands a year for the right to play their songs in certain settings (bars, restaurants, corporate events). It is an amazing scam, but if you were a musician you would want the protection of your music. I agree that it was STUPID for Heart to react as they did and I imagine in this setting they would have lost, but just not worth the battle.

Scam is right! No one is stealing the music, they're playing it and by playing it they're flattering the musician. Someone needs to be enlightened in those companies.

I live with a musician. All I hear is "I wish someone would play our music" so bullshit. Unless the musicians grow balls and stop the whiny bullshit that the ever so fucked up on coke and booze Lars Ulrich started about stealing music no one but the big corporations are going to make money on their sweat and talent. They don't even realize what tools they made of themselves.