Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOOD MOVIES THREAD
I didn't realize they were making a second one - very cool! I will definitely go see that.
86 112
Here is the IMDB link for the second movie - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/ and the smoking hot Megan Fox is in it again. She is really pretty.
She was so hot in that movie. I was hoping she wasn't too young so I didn't have to feel awkward digging her. Heh.

She had a nose job though, apparently:

[Image: megan-fox-nose-job.jpg]

I couldn't care less, though. She is hot!

[Image: megan_fox4.jpg]

[Image: meganFox.jpg]

[Image: Megan_Fox_015.jpg]

[Image: megan_fox_005.jpg]
86 112
saw Death Race tonight. Not a bad summer movie flick - not a great movie at all, but a lot of fun. tons of action, driving, killing (lots of it), and explosions. Overall a poor remake of the original but still a lot of fun.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/
http://www.deathracemovie.net/
Hey thanks for the movie line up squid, I didn't have time to watch "jack-shit" over the weekend because of the busy holiday weekend. I plan to get some R&R on Monday though and maybe I can watch some good movies then.

The list you have provided here are all very very good movies and I have seen every one of them. Some I would watch again though but right now,I am in the mood for a very good SciFi which can only mean...........

JAR-JAR here I come baby Weeeeeeeeeee!!

In case no one has noticed, I am probably one of the less than handful of peeps who actually liked Jar-Jar binks on Star Wars ::scared:: I am such a trekkie/star wars frackin' fanatic sometimes

"I likey him a much lot"

::hugs::

::bigg::
Zenith Wrote:Hey thanks for the movie line up ..... right now,I am in the mood for a very good SciFi
NP Zenith. Here are some of my favorite SciFi movies. These are my favorites and some are not considered all time greats, but I enjoyed them. In no order (other then the first one)

Blade Runner (extended version with Harrison Ford's full narration) - best sci fi flick ever IMO
The Matrix - first movie
Alien - first movie
Terminator 1 and 2
Children of Men - overrated in my opinion, but still good
Twelve Monkeys - classic
Starship Troopers - first movie. Never gets enough credit for how good it is.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - borderline Sci Fi, but fantastic movie
Total Recall - so much good sci fi stuff packed into one movie.
Back to the Future
Star Trek, The Wrath of Khan - just the best one of the bunch and Khan is awesome.
Brazil - few movies have the scope and vision of this mind fuck of a flick
Gattaca - underrated movie IMO
Minority Report - some of Cruises best work and a kick ass story
The Fifth Element - rarely has Sci Fi been this fun. overacting all around, but it works and is always a fun movie to watch.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - still holds up today as a great movie.
Independence Day - big movie, big effects - awesome movie.
Predator - the first one.
Mad Max - so many movies have copies elements of this one.
Robo Cop - the first one. way ahead of its time.
Pitch Black
X-Men
The Thirtennth Floor - underrated movie from 1999

V for Vendetta and The Truman Show are always on the best Sci Fi lists. I love both of these movies but don't consider them classic "sci fi" movies

Worst Sci Fi movie and maybe worst movie period ever - Battlefield Earth. Just an incredible pile of shit.

Some of my favorites that I can watch over and over again:

Pulp Fiction
A Clockwork Orange
Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf
Slapshot
ThePrincess Bride
Bite The Bullet
Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? (any old Bette Davis movie will do!)
ANY movie by Federico Fellini
I haven't watched a film in a very long time but, I remember years ago watching Dances With Wolves and thinking it was the best movie I had ever seen...I felt that way about Braveheart too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Duchess Wrote:I haven't watched a film in a very long time but, I remember years ago watching Dances With Wolves and thinking it was the best movie I had ever seen...I felt that way about Braveheart too.

Fuckin-A. Two of my favorites right there.

Also good;

Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Scarface
The Godfather
(all of 'em)
X-Men (all of them, too)

Lots more that I like. Oooh, like I, Robot. And anything with Anthony Hopkins, except Hannibal. I didn't like that one but damn near anything else he is in is great. The Edge; LOVED that one!
Liquid Wrote:
Zenith Wrote:Hey thanks for the movie line up ..... right now,I am in the mood for a very good SciFi
NP Zenith. Here are some of my favorite SciFi movies. These are my favorites and some are not considered all time greats, but I enjoyed them. In no order (other then the first one)

Blade Runner (extended version with Harrison Ford's full narration) - best sci fi flick ever IMO
The Matrix - first movie
Alien - first movie
Terminator 1 and 2
Children of Men - overrated in my opinion, but still good
Twelve Monkeys - classic
Starship Troopers - first movie. Never gets enough credit for how good it is.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - borderline Sci Fi, but fantastic movie
Total Recall - so much good sci fi stuff packed into one movie.
Back to the Future
Star Trek, The Wrath of Khan - just the best one of the bunch and Khan is awesome.
Brazil - few movies have the scope and vision of this mind fuck of a flick
Gattaca - underrated movie IMO
Minority Report - some of Cruises best work and a kick ass story
The Fifth Element - rarely has Sci Fi been this fun. overacting all around, but it works and is always a fun movie to watch.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - still holds up today as a great movie.
Independence Day - big movie, big effects - awesome movie.
Predator - the first one.
Mad Max - so many movies have copies elements of this one.
Robo Cop - the first one. way ahead of its time.
Pitch Black
X-Men
The Thirtennth Floor - underrated movie from 1999

V for Vendetta and The Truman Show are always on the best Sci Fi lists. I love both of these movies but don't consider them classic "sci fi" movies

Worst Sci Fi movie and maybe worst movie period ever - Battlefield Earth. Just an incredible pile of shit.

YESH!!!!!!!

YOu have officially become my guru. This list kicks azzzzzzzzzzzzzz! There is only one movie on your list that I cannot recall seeing The thirteenth floor. Not sure if I saw it and can't remember of never saw if but intended too. Gotta refresh my memory on that one. All others are "spot on" ::thumbs::
[user=61]Zenith[/user] wr
Quote:
Quote:
YESH!!!!!!!

YOu have officially become my guru. This list kicks azzzzzzzzzzzzzz! There is only one movie on your list that I cannot recall seeing The thirteenth floor. Not sure if I saw it and can't remember of never saw if but intended too. Gotta refresh my memory on that one. All others are "spot on" ::thumbs::
it is a good one that has a cult following. The year it came out the movie was nominated for best sci fi flick but the Matrix won that year. Check out these links

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirteenth_Floor
Ha...Princess Bride...I love it. One of the most quotable movies ever.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"Don't rush me. You know what happens when you rush a miracle man? You get rotten miracles, that's what."

"G'bye, boys! Have fun stormin the castle!" "Think it'll work?" "They'll need a miracle."

"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
yea, the Princess Bride is a classic movie and one I watch at least once a year when it is on.
Ya know. I've never seen the Princess Bride. I gotta watch that one soon, apparently.
86 112
Princess Bride info -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Princess_Bride_(film)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EkBuKQEkio
Saw part of Se7en again last night. Great flick. So dark and unhappy of a movie. I love it. No frilly love story in this one.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX!
Lemme add a few more:

Cloverfield < one of the best horror flicks to come around in a long time.
There Will Be Blood
Charlie Wilsons War
No Country For Old Men
Sweeny Todd < this is one of the years best movies IMO. Johnny Depp never fails to entertain! And yes, it's him singing!
Michael Clayton
Hairspray
Superbad
Fido
The Illusionist < Edward Norton at his finest!
Fight Club < can watch this over and over and over!
Fracture < Anthony Hopkins is excellent in this one.
Night At the Museum
Dr Strangelove
The Producers
The worlds fastest Indian < Another Hopkins hit! a MUST see.
The Three Burials of Melquiadas Estrada
The Wild
The City of Lost Children < Creepy fucked up mindfuck..... pay close attention!
Silent Hill
Find Me Guilty
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Kingdom of Heaven
One Night with The King
40 Year Old Virgin

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! I loved that one, and still do.
86 112
Good list. I added my thoughts on some of them. Good list!

[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] wrote:
Quote:Lemme add a few more:

Cloverfield < one of the best horror flicks to come around in a long time. [color="yellow"]I would say it is more a monster movie then horror flick, but still well done. Looking forward to the sequel they are supposedly making[/color]
There Will Be Blood - [color="yellow"]Daniel Day Lewis is the best actor of our generation or top 5 best[/color]
Charlie Wilsons War - [color="yellow"]was entertaining. Tom Hanks rarely disappoints.
[/color] No Country For Old Men - [color="yellow"]another good flick with a classic bad guy killer[/color]
Sweeny Todd < this is one of the years best movies IMO. Johnny Depp never fails to entertain! And yes, it's him singing! [color="yellow"]Personally I did not like it, but I know many who did. I guess sometimes Johnny Depp, who is normally a great actor, just does not do it for me.[/color]
Michael Clayton - [color="yellow"]good movie. Clooney is strong in it
[/color] Hairspray - [color="yellow"]OK. I am not a big musical fan, but it was entertaining[/color]
Superbad - [color="yellow"]honestly one of the best comedies of the year. original and really funny.
[/color] Fido
The Illusionist < Edward Norton at his finest! - [color="yellow"]fantastic movie and with the Prestige was the best year ever for movies about magicians[/color]
Fight Club < can watch this over and over and over! [color="yellow"]I agree
[/color] Fracture < Anthony Hopkins is excellent in this one.
Night At the Museum - [color="yellow"]was better then I thought it wold be. I was pleasantly surprised.[/color]
Dr Strangelove
The Producers
The worlds fastest Indian < Another Hopkins hit! a MUST see.
The Three Burials of Melquiadas Estrada
The Wild
The City of Lost Children < Creepy fucked up mindfuck..... pay close attention!
Silent Hill - [color="yellow"]I was disappointed with this one. thought it could have been better
[/color] Find Me Guilty
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Kingdom of Heaven
One Night with The King
40 Year Old Virgin - [color="yellow"]another great comedy. was a good year with Wedding Crashers the same year also.

[/color]
Sweeny Todd was excellent due to the fact it stuck to the playwright's script in it's entirety. It was a gruesome story with gruesome graphics and if you saw the play, you cannot but love the movie!

Helena Bonham Carter is fantastic in this too. It had the perfect creepiness to it.

I try to never watch a movie because of who's acting in it. I watch movies for the stories they tell.